An introduction to support on the Marketplaces
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on the Marketplaces.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Hands-on support for this item is provided by WPExplorer
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are the documentation files?
The documentation files are provided in HTML format inside a folder called “Documentation” that is included with your purchase. You’ll need to download the “main files”, unzip them and you’ll find the docs right in there!
How do I upload Sample Data?
When you go to download your purchase click on Download->Main files. After this folder downloads, unzip it and locate the folder called “SampleData”.
Within this folder you will find your sample data file(s).
To install your WordPress sample data log into your WP install and browse to Tools->Import and follow the instructions.
After the import is complete you should have all the posts/pages from the demo with dummy images.
There are certain things a WP import can not do, so after uploading sample data
- Go to Appearance->Menu to set your menu locations.
- Go to Appearance->Widgets to add your widgets (widgets aren’t included in a WordPress export)
- Set your homepage at Settings->Reading using the “Home” page as a static page.
- Go to Appearance->Theme Options to setup your theme options.
Where do I find this theme’s changelog?
The detailed changelog for this theme can be located at the following url: http://www.wpexplorer.org/changelogs/metropix/
How do I first setup my homepage?
- Create a new page
- Select your desired Homepage template
- Browse to Settings -> Reading
- For “Front page displays” select “A Static Page”
- Choose the page created earlier “Posts page:” can be left blank (best) because you can create your blog * page using the “Blog” template.
- Go to Appearance -> Theme Options to edit your homepage options.
Where is the theme admin panel located?
To access your theme options panel simply log into your WordPress dashboard and go to Appearance->Theme Options. Here you will find all the different settings for your theme.
How do I locate/create my galleries archive?
WordPress automatically will create an archive for your galleries custom post type. This will be located at yoursite.com/galleries/ if you are using “pretty” permalinks. Otherwise with the default permalinks it will be at yoursite.com/?post_type=galleries
If you alter the slug of your galleries post type via the admin settings then the URL will now be the same as your new slug.
How do I fix 404 Errors?
If you are getting any 404 errors on your site most the time it can be fixed by re-saving your permalink settings.
Go to Settings->Permalinks and click the save button
How can I create unlimited sidebars a.k.a have different widgets on different pages?
Some people add unlimited sidebar functions built-into their themes, but I like to keep my themes as bloat-free as possible. There are already some great plugins out there for this. Here are a few to choose from:
How do I add images to my galleries?
This theme adds a custom design for the default WordPress gallery, so to add images to your gallery simply follow the procedure to insert a new Gallery into your post.
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using the Marketplaces you should come straight to Envato Support.