An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Author support for this item
The author of this item, FamousThemes, will respond to buyers’ questions and provide limited support through this item’s comments.
Additional information from FamousThemes:
- Free installation, and free adding demo content.
- Responding to questions or problems regarding the item and its features
- Fixing bugs and reported issues
- Providing updates to ensure compatibility with new software versions
- Small customizations
- Big Customization
- Support for third party software and plug-ins
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to use the mobile theme when your desktop theme uses as home page another page other than “Latest Posts”
Considering the structure of our mobile page, we need as Wordpress to have set on “Front page displays” from Settings-> Reading as “Your latest posts ”.
If your desktop theme uses another page other than that, you will need to include some codes into your both themes functions.php file
Like this we will automatically change that wordpress setting for both themes.
1. On the mobile theme functions.php file you will need to add
update_option( 'show_on_front', 'posts ' );
This will set on the mobile theme as home page “the latest posts”, meaning the theme will use index.php file as home page. The page we need to have on home page the slider images and navigation icons.
But that line of code will change also the home page of your desktop theme.
2. On your desktop theme functions.php file you will have to add
$about = get_page_by_title( 'about' ); update_option( 'page_on_front', $about->ID ); update_option( 'show_on_front', 'page' );
“about” must be your custom page name that you are using as home page on your desktop theme.
When to contact Help Team
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Help Team.