Hi Tanya, shabbat shalom. Hope all is well with you. Greetings from New York.
My temple going to purchase the New Jerusalem template you so elegantly created but I have a few questions that I’m hoping you can answer before we purchase the template.
1. With regard to the calendar, how do we input custom data that would normally be put in via Google Calendar? My temple uses Google Calendar and normally we would be able to link the account to have it show on our site. Can we still do we have to input everything directly to the template?
2. If you select a custom item/event on the calendar, how does it function to get more information?
3. My temple also uses Rakefet Synagogue Software and is interested in incorporating it somehow into the backend. Is that possible?
Looking forward to hearing your response.
1)-2) In current version I removed Google calendar. In previous version it was implemented and carefully styled to fit visually the theme design. But not long ago, Google made changes and I was unable to cope with new changes therefore removed (I wrote about those changes here: http://demo.virtuti.info/demonstrations/vt5/december-updates/
What is available now is Hebcal calendar (http://demo.virtuti.info/demonstrations/vt5/holiday-calendar/) which shows holidays but does not act as Google Calendar where you could add events.
As for events page, after those changes with GC, I chose to keep special page template with regular posts (http://demo.virtuti.info/demonstrations/vt5/events-2/) only, no calendar anymore.
However, you may still use GC (simple copy-paste=embed on any default page), just note: it will not be styled (and default GC style is just ugly to say the least).
3) Honestly, I never heard about Rakefet and do not know how it functions, but if you mean you used it on simple HTML site beforehand, I do not see any obstacle to embed/incorporate it into WP (WordPress produces (i.e. outputs) normal html, so no difference).
However, I would ask Rakefet developers anyway about whether it is possible to incorporate it into WordPress. I believe it will work but it’s better so ask before you make a purchase of the theme since I have no idea what is required for Rakefet and what is is in general (I understood it is software but you may output it in a live website, something like this?)
Hope that helps, thank you!
Thank you Tanya. Are you thinking of incorporating a calendar into the template in the future? Can you recommend one to put into the template? Or for events in the temple, would we just house it on the page that just has posts? I figured that was the answer for Rakefet, and I’ll inquire about that.
Thank you for the quick response. Hope you had a good Shabbat.
Also, is there social media integration for the site (i.e. Facebook, twitter, you tube. etc)?
1) I do not think so due to reason that Google Calendar was the best solution to my opinion but as I described above, their changes broke things. However, as I mentioned you may still use it (unstyled) or look through WP repository and search for some free plugin (they are many there).
2) Event: you need just to create post, once it is created and published it will automatically appear on page “Events” (http://demo.virtuti.info/demonstrations/vt5/events-2/)
3) Social media: I did not add it as a general list of social media profiles but they are on Contact page and on staff profiles (personal for each one, like here: http://demo.virtuti.info/demonstrations/vt5/the_staff/cantor-shimon-rosenzveig/)
May be I shall add general list of social media in next update which happen pretty soon.
Thank you for getting back to me. Being able to incorporate plug-ins helps solve some of by board members questions. Also, I hope to see the inclusion/incorporation of social media in the next update. Many sites now have this established.
Again, thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.
Renewed girsa is available, see if it suits you (I added socials as a widget on a sidebar, you can see it on Contact page but this widget can be added to main sidebar (news) as well). Thank you!
Thank you for being so accommodating with your replies. I can not find the calendar that you are referring to.
Hello, the only calendar available and stylistically integrated into theme is Holiday Calendar:
Hi we are looking to make some different modifications to this theme as we are using it as a base, but need some customization. Here are some questions:
1. There is a footer with a background image – how do we edit the text that is overlayed on this bottom image? I am finding no customization or editing ability for the footer area?
2. Can we use shortcode with this theme?
3. Is there a way to remove the map from the bottom of the home page so we can build in more content related to our location?
4. How do we remove the MORE (seconday navigation) button?
5. We are having problems with the interior drop down menus hiding behind the main image on the interior pages, this does not happen on the home page? We have tried Z-index but has had no affect.
Thank you fro your help!
Buyer account, please?
Apologies I am logged in as developer, I will have the Buyer Account name shortly!
Sorry for the delay! Theme was bought under: erabino
Have you tested this theme with wordpress 4.xx? Are there any known issues?
My demo runs on 4.0.1
WordPress 4.0.1 running New Jerusalem WordPress Theme For Synagogue theme.
Is there a way to have the prayer times open all the time – so you don’t have to click on them ?
Hello, do you mean Holiday Calendar? http://demo.virtuti.info/demonstrations/vt5/holiday-calendar/
If you are asking about it–no, it is Hebcal script, it is out of my control.
Not the holiday calendar – the prayer times bar along the top
I can see the code changes from
class=”btn-slide-times to btn-slide-times active
Just cant see where this is called from so its initial state is active
I shall be able to help after Passover.
Hello, I see,
yes, remove “display:none;”
Working on a site for a customer that purchased your theme… Need some quick help…
HOW can I make the main home page banner not show up. I want to litterally just make that section disappear, so that it is just the page content. I was able to remove it on the inside pages by adding “visibility:none;height:0;min-height:0” to the figure#mainimage class, But is will not work on the home page. I tried adding it to figure#homeimage, but that made the home page content disappear behind the header.
PLEASE HELP. I have been trying to figure this out for 2 hours.
Hello, thank you!
Please view Support Tab (#3, #4, #5)
Hello, thank you!
As I already replied, regrettably I have no tiniest possibility to make custom freelance job. What you wish/need is to rewrite markup/css. This is quite custom modifications work (not what theme comes with and which is purchased “as is”). Please try Envato studio, this Envato department exist exactly for this purpose–to modify items exposed on TF according customer’s needs and preferences. Sorry, really, I am too busy with all my current work and daylife duties, I have no a spare minute to make yet extra jobs. Thank you for understanding! Tanya
Ok, you know, after thinking over a few minutes, well, look, if you will not find somebody on Envato studio, write me, I’ll do that. Just it will not be too soon (in two weeks, not earlier). I also do not know how much Studio freelancers charge for html/css/php modifications, my charge is $60 per hour. Check with Envato Studio first, I believe that they are faster and cheaper than me. Thank you!
I just wanted to give you a heads up that for some reason, the template doesn’t work properly with the current version of WordPress. I noticed that half of all of the plugins that need to be installed don’t install properly. It says that they’re installed but don’t show up and a lot of the functionality of the template is missing.
I’ve reverted back to WP 4.1 and that seems to solve the problem so I’m using that for now. Hopefully with the next update this will be fixed. I can provide screenshots for you if you want.
“the template doesn’t work properly with the current version of WordPress”
my demo runs on 4.2.2 WP version, I do not see anything that works improperly, however, if you noticed something on my demo please let me know (I need concrete examples: what does not work, on which page, which block of content or layout etc)
“I noticed that half of all of the plugins that need to be installed don’t install properly. It says that they’re installed but don’t show up and a lot of the functionality of the template is missing.”
I understand that 10 plugins you installed successfully while 10 you did not. Which are they? Do you install plugins once or multiple times? Do you do that as bulk or one by one?
If you use bulk feature, this is an issue of TGM class which all TF authors must include into their themes. Previous version (used in my this very theme) has this problem.
4 ways out:
1) Install and activate plugins one by one (1 time each)
2) Download a new version of TGM and replace the old one (http://tgmpluginactivation.com/)
3) Unzipp plugins and install them manually via FTP to plugins directory of wp-content
4) Wait until I replace the TGM class file and resubmit it to TF (it will take time because all themes now are required to be updated with last TGM class version and me, like all TF authors, do that now and coherently–one by one). You may read more about tis issue here: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/security-vulnerability-affecting-wordpress-plugins-and-themes/173011
Thank you for getting back to me. It’s great to know that the template works on the current WP.
An example of the site not working correctly would be the member services page. I can have content on the page but when I preview the page all of the text is on the left hand side of the page and there’s a ghosted box as to where a button is supposed to be. The extra functionality on the edit page that is in your walk through isn’t available.
As for the plugins not showing up, the error that I get is (for example) “An error occurred while installing Donate II Widget: Destination folder already exists.” If it exists, it’s not showing up. I installed the required plugins both in bulk and one at a time and both ways I got failure.
There are twenty (20) required plugins that won’t install. They are: Accordion Widget, Contact List Widget, Days Metabox, Donate II Widget, Donate Widget, Education Page CPT, Events Page CPT, Extra Fields For Education Page Metabox, Extra Fields for Events Metabox, Extra Fields for Sermons Page Metabox, Extra Fields for Staff Page Metabox, Facilities Page CPT, Galleries Page CPT, HTML Helper Metabox, Sermons Page CPT, Simple Table Widget, Social Icons Widget, Social Profiles for Staff Metabox, Staff Page CPT, Styled Link To Any Page Metabox.
I’ll try options two and three in the meantime. Hopefully one of them will work.
Thank you for getting back to me.
in regard of your notes:
1) As far as I understand you are talking about issues on your site, not on my demo, right? This is the Member Service page http://demo.virtuti.info/demonstrations/vt5/member-service/
where everything is order. If you are talking about your site, ensure that no changes were done in markup–if yes, return to original markup of my file and start modifying it accurately, step by step, previewing each modification in browser.
2) Again, all plugins must be installed once (not twice, not trice, not ten times)–otherwise you get error because if folder exists (and error notifies you that it does exist) there is nothing to install, TGM is confused: why to install if it is already installed and replies you with error notification.
There is no even need to do anything manually because as far as I understand all 20 plugins are already in your “plugins” directory of wp-content. Go to Dashboard Plugins Installed Plugins and you will see that they are there. Now you need to activate them (if you naturally did not activated before, cause story is the same-no need to activate what is activated already). What you should see on your backend is (if everything is done as written in Help and in this my reply):
You may also check availability of plugins in “plugins” directory by simple entering to FTP software (or at your hosting File Manager) and viewing what is in this folder (should be: all my plugins along with default Hello Dolly or Akismet ).
Hope that helps,
This is frustrating. I’m sure it’ll work out but outside of the plugins that are viewable, nothing is showing up. I’m going to delete and try again and this time install a fresh (maybe updated) TGM plugin as you suggested and see where that gets me before I install and activate the plugins.
I’ll let you know. Thank you for your help Tanya.
Ok, however as I said, first check it via FTP, it should look this way:
If you see it same as on my screenshot that means all plugins are at place and no installation is required.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Why buy with Envato
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.