Newspaper is a WordPress theme that lets you write articles and blog posts with ease. We offer great support and friendly help!
The Newspaper template is excellent for a news, newspaper, magazine, publishing or review site. It also supports videos from YouTube and features a rating system. So far, we have the theme integrated with bbPress Forum, BuddyPress, Buddy Press, and WooCommerce. It uses the best clean SEO practices, and on top of that, it’s fast, simple, and easy to use. In addition, Newspaper supports responsive Google Ads and AdSense.
A word about speed:
This is the fastest newspaper theme available. We spent a considerable amount of time tweaking every aspect of the theme to perform at it’s absolute best.
All the queries are hand inspected to be optimal, all the images and resources are carefully compress to make the site load blazing fast and all the scripts are profiled and modified to run at top speed.
The full list of features:
- Homepage – We have a lot of homepages in the main menu of the demo
- Search – unique SEO optimized search template
- Blog index
- Author – post count, comments count and author widget
- Category – breadcrumbs, subcategories and category description.
- Tag – easy tagcloud navigation via widget
- 404 template – with latest posts
- Archives page
- All the blocks – please select your block from the top. You can mix and match them. All of the content blocks support ajax pagination and subcategories (including slides)
- Live search with ajax and up down keys
- One click demo install – NO MORE .XML files, with just one click you have the demo data installed
- Powered by Visual Composer – the best Drag and Drop page builder
- Woocommerce support
- Custom bbpress styling + custom login system – you can now build a community with ease.
- Custom auto scaling content blocks – a block changes it’s structure to work perfectly (in sidebar, full width or pages with sidebar)
- Responsive Google AdSense support via our custom admin panel – the scripts loads a different google adsense spot for each screen size. Once it’s loaded it doesn’t modify it in order to be 100% compliant with Google adSense TOS.
- Responsive ads support – for ad networks that allow multiple ad spots on the same div or if you want to show your own ads on different devices. This option will change the ad spot on the fly, for example when a tablet is changed from landscape to portrait. (the header banner from the demo site is using this system)
- Inline Google AdSense or other ads after a predefined number of paragraphs
- Auto youtube, dailymotion and vimeo thumb downloader – just paste a youtube url and the site will download the largest image available from the clip automatically and it will set it as a featured image. Very easy to add videos to articles.
- Built in review system (stars, percents, points)
- SEO: Schema with rich snippet microdata for articles and reviews
- Built in translation support from our admin panel. No more .po .mo files, you just get a form with all the strings from the theme and the corresponding translations.
- Multi Language site support via the free qTranslate plugin. All from wp-admin.
- Google fonts – change the fonts easy from the Theme panel
- Sticky navigation menu – with option to enable, disable or enable only on big screens (not on phones)
- Each category has:
- category template
- category top posts style – each with 5 unique grid styles
- custom module style (loop style)
- custom colors
- custom sidebar
- Unlimited sidebars – each post, page, category can have it’s own sidebar. Also the author, search, tag, blog index templates all have custom sidebars
- Built in related posts based on tags, author or category
- Easy Google analytics support (just paste the code in our admin)
- 12 footer layouts
- Custom pagebuilder elements
- Big Grid slide
- 8 Big Grids
- 21 Blocks
- News ticker
- Video playlist
- Text with title
- Social counter
- Ad box
- Homepage post
- Popular category
- Custom widgets
- Popular category widget – show most popular category
- Author box widget – show authors sorted by number of posts, or by name
- Social counter widget – a social counter that shows numbers of likes, followers or subscribers
- Ad box – allow you to select an ad zone (you define the responsive ad zones in our panel)
- 20 Blocks
- Text with title
We personally respond to all the request that we receive and we are trying to help everyone.
Please visit our support forum.
Thanks for your interest in our theme!
Radu O., Marius, Nicu, Alin, Luci, Alina and Emil G. from tagDiv
Version 6.6 – November 25th, 2015
- new: whatsapp share for article on mobile devices
- new: added http channel test status in the system status panel. You can now check if the theme is able to get the tweet count, like count etc from your host.
- new: filter posts by ID in blocks. You can add/exclude specific posts on all the blocks now.
- new: the theme now has it’s own logging system. We can now debug hosting issues easier.
- new: a new self diagnosting and self configurating module that allows our theme to pull data from other sites more reliably.
- fix: smart list 7 and 8 – sometimes the content was doubled
- fix: g+ new icon
- misc: video playlist is now more reliable and all the code is loaded only when needed via autoload. The youtube videos information is now collected using just one API call instead of multiple API calls for each videos.
- misc: speedbooster 4.2 now supports woocommerce better and moves the style.css to the bottom
- misc: the theme panel works better now when adblock is used
- misc: all the ajax functionality of the theme is now loaded only when needed
- misc: better security checks on all the ajax requests
- misc: html is allowed now in the copyright section of the footer
- misc: social counter button is clickable on the entire area
- misc: the theme’s data source class can now be overwritten from the child theme
- misc: all the widgets from the theme are now optimized to work better. The widget_builder class is now deprecated and all the functionality was moved to td_block_widget
- misc: the video playlist now downloads the videos metadata on render, not on save post. This allows us to use the playlist on the on click demos.
- misc: the following modules of the theme are loaded on demand now: td_log, td_remote_http, td_remote_video, td_data_source, td_video_support, td_more_article_box, td_page_views, td_review, td_ajax. This means that the theme loads them only when needed. We mesured a 10% faster load time after this tweak.
- fix: theme animations where incompatible with some plugins and the visual composer gallery. The animations still worked but all of them looked a bit strange.
- fix: bug with the demo loader – the dinamic css for a specific demo was still loaded even after the demo was uninstall
- fix: header style 8 top submenu z-index fix
- fix: image aligment issue when using custom article paddings
- fix: the documentation url for demos was wrong in wp-admin
- fix: we updated the ads links to point to the right documentation
- fix: Social counter now shows the followers instead of +1 on google plus. Please update your social counter to see the improvement.
- fix: styling issues with the latest version of BuddyPress
- fix: on rare ocassions with some plugins the theme was emitting warnings in the server logs like: “Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string”
- fix: error that was showing up in logs when the theme panel was saved
The list of modified files | Read more about this update – on our blog
Version 6.5 – September 21th, 2015
- new: You can now show in all the blocks and widgets site wide popular articles in the last days provided by the Jetpack plugin
- new: All the block widgets now show the name of the block and the title of the block in the WordPress widgets panel. Now it’s very easy to see what blocks you are using and where. Huge thanks to @shubhra from our forums!
- new: each demo now uses a separate css generator for that modifies the appearance of the theme. The theme now generates just the required css to for each demo.
- new: Cars demo
- new: mobile menu colors can be changed via Theme Panel
- new: smart list 8 with dropdown list
- new: ad spot used for the Smart list 8
- new: Visual Composer was updated to the latest version. Please not that if you are using tabs, the new visual composer has a different shortcode for them and a completely new HTML structure.
- fix: smooth scroll was no longer working on chrome since 6.4. Not it works just like before.
- fix: we added the alt tag to placeholder feature images and the thumb disabled images
- fix: paragraphs in comments on posts and in wooCommerce now have appropriate spacing
- fix: smart list 4 with small content it was not clearing the content and the images where strange. Now it works as expected
- fix: it was not possible to install our wooCommerce plugins from our plugins panel due to a typo
- fix: Woordpress typo in social media panel
- fix: smart list 3 issues with H4 and other headers. It was producing invalid HTML
- fix: breadcrumbs click on post template 4 was not working
- fix: header style 8 + custom menu colors or custom backgrounds now works as expected
- fix: on post pages if the author box was hidden, the theme was sometimes producing invalid author links
- fix: possible function name collision of our gallery filter. Thanks to @denimology form our forum for this suggestion.
- fix: tabs widget from VC, the shortcode was changed in the latest VC version and it lose the theme style
- fix: ads css we moved the align spacing from container to ads itself
- fix: non adsense ads can be disabled responsive using the panel options
- fix: alignment issue when disable top social on some post templates
- fix: the views from the iOS slider now hide when the site wide option to hide views is active
- fix: author mail address now autoappends mailto: if needed
- fix: inline ads work as expected now. When html content was before the first paragraph in articles, the ad was rendered inside the paragraph
- misc: added better explications in the ads panel, we fixed all the links to point to the relevant documentation and we also rewrote the documentation to be better.
- misc: block 21 is now also available as a widget. It works very well in sidebars and has a good look
- misc: the backend editor style that is used in TinyMCE no longer compiles on demand. We ship a ready compiled css and this makes the editor load faster.
Version 6.4 – August 27th, 2015
- new: smart list with pagination
- new: this is the first version of our ajax preloader. The preloader loads the ajax subcategories on the initial pageload, this provides a better user experience and in some cases a better performance if the initial page is cache.
- new: all categories now have an option for infinite loading + load more instead of pagination
- new: 2 new smart lists templates (smart list 6 and 7)
- new: 2 new ad spots used for smart lists (smart list 6 and 7)
- new: 2 new post style template (style 12, 13)
- new: demo – Travel
- new: demo – Health & Fitness
- new: footer background option in Theme Panel -> Footer
- new: wooCommerce invoicing plugin
- new: wooCommerce label maker plugin with support for label Dymo label printer
- fix: default and custom ad size not working for tablet landscape
- fix: on the ad block the sidebar ad spot cannot be selected since the last visual composer update
- fix: IMPORTANT security issue with the ajax code that handles the sidebars.
- fix: issue with ajax subcategories. If you clicked them fast enough there was a chance that they will desynchronized with the content, showing the wrong content.
- fix: block 18 css fix for large image sizes
- misc: mega menu ajax loading now works smoother and the animation is top to bottom
- misc: infinite loader now has a loading animation
- misc: we improved the loading animation, when needed it’s smaller and it looks better
- misc: added link to user page on login widget from top menu
The list of modified files | Blog post – more info about this update
More info about Newspaper
- Built for newspaper sites, article sites and review sites
- Custom colors, selectable for each category
- Fast loading newspaper section
- Responsive design
- Simple to use – basically all the newspaper sections are customizable from the admin. You can have different layouts for each newspaper category.
- Ideal for article sites, review sites, news, newspaper and more
Newspaper is fast
The theme is blazing fast. It’s really incredible how fast the pages built with Newspaper load. As you know, speed is very important when building a site so we’ve spent a huge amount of time optimizing this theme for Newspaper to load extremely fast.
Long time support and development
We can easily send updates to themeforest each time we make an improvement so with each purchase you will fund the further development of this newspaper theme.
Small number of external scripts
Good coding practice and naming conventions
All the html used is HTML 5 valid and it’s incredibly easy to work with.