OpenDoor theme Support
For support, we recommend going to the OpenDoor Support Forum.
Fully Responsive(Note: output from the optional dsIDXpress plugin is not reaponsive) This theme looks great on all size devices ranging from small phones to large monitors. Scan these QR codes on your mobile phone to see:
OpenDoor is the long awaited followup on the hugely successful OpenHouse/Automotiv theme bundle (over 6,900 sales!) We have retained all of the best Openhouse features, and built on them, plus added lots of new features. OpenDoor combines both real estate and car sales into a single theme, where you can switch between the two in Theme Options. (step 1 of setup is to choose which mode: Real Estate, or Car Sales.)
Differences between OpenDoor and Openhouse/AutomotivPretty much all of the best features of Openhouse/Automotiv (now discontinued from Themeforest) have been ported over to OpenDoor. But there are some notable differences. The following are features OpenDoor has that OpenHouse/Automotiv doesn’t.
- OpenDoor is Responsive. (view on a mobile device to see it change layout)
- Has more layout and appearance options. (independent control over header, footer, background colors/images), change header height, etc.
- Has more homepage widget areas, and option for latest blog posts
- Allows you to easily add your own image-less banner types in Theme Options. Even define a color tip for each banner type.
- Has option to choose between row or grid layout for search results, browse by results, and latest listings. (the one setting applies to all 3 places)
- Has option for full width homepage slideshow OR smaller slideshow next to search.
- Has more search parameters. And each search parameter can be included or excluded in Theme Options.
- ‘Browse by’ feature is now grouped along with the search, instead of in the menu bar
- Secondary small header menu bar at top right of header
- More advanced homepage slideshow. Slideshow expands to full width of site.
- Both real estate mode (standard and dsIDXpress version) and car dealer mode, are built into this single theme. No more separate versions for me to maintain.
- Mark a listing as ‘Sold’, and then have site filter out all sold listings from the site without you needing to Delete the listing.
- Have a page of all ‘Sold’ listings.
- Better translation support. Now no more .po and .mo requirement. Do all your language translations in Theme Options, in the same section you would customize text in a single language. See documentation to explain how this is done. (documentation is in demo secondary menu bar)
- Documentation is now a public Google Docs document, where you can post comments if you find something is inclear or missing. To post comments, you must be logged into your Google account. But you don’t need a Google account to view the documentation.
Notable Features (For both Real Estate and Car Dealership mode)
Notable Features (Specific to Real Estate mode)
- New in v1.3: Option for “VAT” (value added tax) after price
- Search by the following parameters: location, buy/rent, beds, baths, min price, max price, property type, commercial/residential, openhouse, year built, size, lot size, garage spaces, and MLS number. All of these can be included or excluded in the search form. So it can be as simple or detailed as you require.
- Search results Google Map. Shows pins for the current pages results right on map. Click map to see infowindow with details and click to see full detail page. (Option to disable this feature)
- Google Map option in slideshow area. In the homepage slideshow area, you now have the option to show all your listings on a Google Map. (This is an alternative to showing latest listings or plain images)
- Dual agent support. Listings can have up to 2 agents attached to it. Add Agents via the Agent post type. Agent ‘Page Template’ will display all Agents on a page. Click on an Agent to see more info, like bio, and listings.
- Compatible with dsIDXpress plugin (sold separately. Monthly fee required. This is the only IDX/MLS plugin that this theme is specifically written to support. Use other plugins at your own risk!
- Related listings section on detail page (related by Property Type)
- “Open House” date and time. Self manages itself… does not display once Open House date expires
- Google Map and Street View on listing detail page.
- Optional MLS listings support, with dsIDXpress (www.diversesolutions.com). Replace the standard listings search with the dsIDXpress search widget. Or include BOTH standard listings search AND dsIDXpress search widget.
- Browse listings instead of searching by using the “Browse By” feature. Browse By Location, Features, Property Type, Location, Price Range, or Rent/Buy.
- Option to have a second level of location search. See demo for an example. Select a State from the list and see a secondary location appear under it. With a little easy coding, you can extend it to unlimited levels of locations.
- Optional secondary logo in top right (for example, the broker’s logo)
- Upload your own map marker image in Theme Options
- Contact form on each listing page. Optionally have form sent to specific Agent. (if Agent is specified for a listing)
Notable Features (Specific to Car Dealership mode)
- Search by the following parameters: manufacturer, model, min price, max price, body type, model year, mileage, transmission, engine size, fuel type, and dealer location. All of these can be included or excluded in the search form. So it can be as simple or detailed as you require.
- Optional Autotrader.com and/or Cars.com support. Have your listings automatically get posted to Autotrader.com and/or Cars.com. This is not a “feature” of the theme, but rather I have partnered with a third party developer who can set this up for you for a fee. Please email email@example.com for details.
- Related listings section on detail page (related by Body Type)
- Browse listings instead of searching by using the “Browse By” feature. Browse By Manufacturer, Body Type, Model Year, Engine Size, and more.
- Option to have a “model” search dropdown appear when you choose a Manufacturer. See demo for an example.
- Contact form on each listing page.
- VIN detail output (optional) Output data on detail page from a VIN number (Vehicle Identification Number). See a listing detail page for an example. Note: An account at VINquery.com is required. VIN numbers are for passenger cars and light trucks manufacturered for North American markets 1981 to present.
- Sales Staff “Custom Post Type” and Page template. See demo for an example.