An introduction to support on the Marketplaces
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on the Marketplaces.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Hands-on support for this item is provided by artbees
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Import Demo Content
How to Import Demo Content the same as the demo site?
Below explanation is an step by step explanation on how to import our demo website content, please read carefully.
1. Login into your WordPress Admin section (http://www.your-web-site.com/wp-admin)
2. Go to Tools -> Import in the blog’s admin panels.
3. Click on the WordPress and follow the instructions if Import plugin isn’t installed yet (3.0+).
4. Browse the included demo_content.xml (XML file) from our Theme Download Zip Package and Upload the XML file.
5. You will first be asked to map the authors in this export file to users on the blog. For each author, you may choose to map to an existing user on the blog or to create a new user.
6. Click the “Download and import file attachments” checkbox to download all image attachments. please note in some cases your php settings does not let all images to be uploaded, so some images might be missing. you can manually choose different image for those posts that missing.
7. WordPress will then import each of the posts, comments, and categories and custom post types (clients, portfolio,..) contained in this file into your blog.
8. Notice that the Sidebar and Footer Widgets are not replicated on your imported demo content. You should be the one to create the widgets. To create widgets, navigate to the left sidebar menu of the WordPress’ Dashboard, then Appearance > Widgets. Just drag and drop the widgets on to the widgets area on the right side of the widgets page.
9. After this, you should also update the Menus by going to Appearance > Menus. Locate the Theme Locations box and select from the drop-down “Main Navigation” and “Footer Navigation” as respect to the locations the selectbox label indicates. Click the Save button under it to save the changes.
10. For the Layerslider sample slider you should go to Wodpress dashboard sidebar > Layerslider. On the header click on “Import sample sliders” and we are done. However you should also go to Masterkey settings > Slideshow > Layerslider and choose “Lucidpress Sample Slider” from the select box.
11. Once you finished with demo content, Find “import_masterkey_options.txt” which located the same folder with demo contents. Select all and copy
12. Head over to wordpress dashboard sidebar > Lucidpress (last menu item)
13. Locate “Advanced” > “Import Options”
14. Paste the content in the text area and then hit save settings.
15. Done! You should now have the dummy/demo content similar from the Live Preview of the theme.
How to update Wordpress Themes
1. Login into your Themeforest account and go to downloads (Dashboad > downloads)
2. Download the theme into your computer
3. Install an FTP program (Filezilla is free)
4. Retrieve your FTP login information from your hosting admin panel and login into your hosting via FTP
5. unzip the item main file
6. Locate theme.zip (eg : lucidpress.zip) and unzip it. make sure your unzipping software do not create extra directory with the same name nested into each other. In other words you should find the theme files once you click the theme main folder. Otherwise your theme skin.php will not function correctly and you will see your theme is un-styled.
7. drag and drop theme main folder into your FTP program with the destination : “YOUR_HOSTING_ROOT/YOUR_SUBDIRECTORY/wp-content/themes/”
8. FTP program will give a warning that there is an existing with the same directory name, choose replace all.
8. it will take varying from 15 to 30 minutes to replace all files. one you done login into your wordpress dashboard and go to masterkey settings. on the header (beside masterkey logo) the theme version will be changed to the latest version.
IMPORTANT : whenever you update to a new version you should immediately navigate to Masterkey settings. the reason is due to some functions is being triggered on this page which is important to update your skin.css in case if it was changed along with new versions.
Besides, before updating your wordpress to a newer version you should always check item description in Themeforest to make sure your theme is compaible with the WP newer version (we state this on the very first lines). with major wordpress versions new features and other changes may cause the wordpress themes to not function as it should be. so please give us some time to give new updates to make them compatible with newer WP versions.
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using the Marketplaces you should come straight to Envato Support.