An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Author support for this item
The author of this item, Dream-Theme, will respond to buyers’ questions and provide limited support through their own support system.
Additional information from Dream-Theme:
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to set CHMOD settings?
Does “CHMOD” acronym sound scary to you? Do not worry about this, it is easy to do. Just follow these steps: install CuteFTP or FileZilla; connect your ftp using this application; make a right click on the required folder, select the last item of the context menu: http://i39.tinypic.com/200ph83.png; set the properties.
Thumbnails are not being displayed.
Please, make sure …/wp-content/themes/dt-parallax/timthumb.php has 644 CHMOD settings. If it does not help, please try to apply 755 to this file.
How to update the theme?
At the first step we advise you to rename your current theme folder to something like: .../wp-content/themes/dt-parallax-old/. It will help you to save custom changes of the template. At the next stage you need to install the theme in the usual way. When it is done, do not forget to set all required CHMOD properties.
Is it possible to translate default theme labels like “Read More”, “Submit” and so on?
Of course, it is possible! We suggest you to try using this plugin in order to translate the theme: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/codestyling-localization/ It is really helpful!
How to enable the “Read More” button?
It is very easy to do! Please try using the following button: http://i42.tinypic.com/i70aci.png
What are the optimal image dimensions for the homepage slider?
Slider images are 922×362 px
What are the optimal image dimensions for shortcode sliders?
Full-width shortcode slider images are 928 px width. Small shortcode slider images are 588 px width.
1) If the Parallax WP works inadequately, first of all, it would be wise to check whether it is installed to the correct folder. All theme files and folders must be stored here: .../wp-content/themes/dt-parallax/ This theme is path-sensitive, so it will not work properly if it is installed to the folder .../wp-content/themes/parallax/, .../wp-content/themes/parallax wp/, etc.
2) Secondly, we suggest you to check whether the folders listed below have 755 CHMOD properties set: .../wp-content/, .../wp-content/themes/, .../wp-content/themes/dt-parallax/
3) And finally, make sure …/wp-content/uploads/ (and all its children folders) has 777 CHMOD settings.
What’s the best image size to use for the client images?
If you want to use this widget in the sidebar widget area, images should be not bigger then 140×70 px.
If you want to use it in the footer widget area, images should be not bigger then 96×64 px.
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Envato Support.