An introduction to support on the Marketplaces
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on the Marketplaces.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Hands-on support for this item is provided by WPExplorer
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the theme changelog?
AJAX not opening your posts?
Try making sure your posts don’t actually lead to a 404 page, you can do this while in the dasboard clicking on “view item” right under the title.
If they are returning a 404 page, go to Settings->Permalinks and re-save your settings.
How do I first setup my homepage?
- Create a new page
- Select the “Homepage” template
- Browse to Settings -> Reading
- For “Front page displays” select “A Static Page”
- Choose the page created earlier
- “Posts page:” can be left blank (best) because you can create your blog page using the “Blog” template.
- Go to Appearance -> Theme Options to edit your homepage options.
Where is the video guide?
How can I change the thumbnail sizes for the gallery entries?
1. Open content-galleries.php
2. Change line 71 accordingly
aq_resize( wp_get_attachment_url( get_post_thumbnail_id() ), 400, 500, true )
The 400 value is the width and the 500 value is the height. Changing the width won’t do anything though unless you change the width. But if you set the 500 value to 400 this will create squares instead of the default portrait style images.
3. Refresh site
Where can I find my Galleries archive?
WordPress automatically will create an archive for your galleries custom post type. This will be located at yoursite.com/galleries/ if you are using “pretty” permalinks. Otherwise with the default permalinks it will be at yoursite.com/?post_type=galleries
note: If you alter the slug of your galleries post type then the URL will change to reflect this new slug.
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using the Marketplaces you should come straight to Envato Support.