This author's response time can be up to 1 business day.
If you have any support questions, we kindly ask you to use our dedicated support system here:
where all the Pexeto items support is handled – registration takes less than a minute. Thank you
+1 for responsive version
post formats would be nice too otherwise love the theme
hello, i just need to check one thing before buying (couldn’t find an answer searching the support forum)...
Is it possible to increase the height of the main header, across all pages (the banner that has ‘Photolux Photography studio’ on? My logo won’t fit very well here as it’s quite tall. Maybe twice as big?
Yes, you can set a higher logo and the header height will increase according to the logo size you set (there are options included to set the default logo width and height).
Hi pexeto! Loving the theme. I really want this theme, but I have some questions.
When you press a photo, does it then appear on a new unique link?
Fx www.photolux.com -> photolux.com/retrowoman ?
Is it possible to integrate facebook/twitter/pinterest sharebar as well as facebook comments to the photos once you click on them?
Its for an affiliate purpose where I want to link to the actual site for purchase when you press the photos.
One more thing. When you press “Load more” and click on a photo and then go back, you automatically go to the top. Is it not possible to go back to the same photo you initially clicked so you dont have to scroll down again to see the pictures you dont already have seen?
Thank you so much!
Thanks, I’m glad you like the theme
When you press a photo and the slider opens, the slider has an unique URL but it is still on the same gallery page – it is deeplinked. You can see what I mean if you remove the ThemeForest frame when you open the demo. Regarding the sociable bar you would like to add – you can use a plugin to add this functionality, however we recently found that the facebook share functionality have a small bug about sharing deeplinked URLs (such the one on the slider) – when you click on the like button, it shares he main gallery page, not the item – the facebook developers said they were working on this problem, so I hope it will be fixed soon. However, if you want you can also have a look at our Expression theme which has the sharing buttons embedded by default. And regarding the last question – at this point there isn’t such kind of option included in the theme.
Curious whether this theme will support fullscreen video playback as well in a future release, any information concerning this feature?
I can’t really say for sure – there are lots of new feature requests and we usually implement the most requested ones – if this feature gets lots of requests, we will be considering implementing it in one of the next updates.
Fantastic theme guys, well done!
Wanted to make one little change to colour scheme, posted a message in your colour scheme.
Otherwise everything is brilliant! Rated you 5 stars!
Thank you so much for your kind words, I’m happy to hear that you are satisfied with the theme
Before I buy I wanted to know if it is possible to add a fadein fadeout transition between pages?
If you mean that you want this when you click between the different pages on the menu – such kind of a transition would be possible if the site is a one-page site and there isn’t page reloading. This theme is not a one-page site, every page reloads separately, so it doesn’t support this kind of transition effect.
Thank you for your answers.
It is not possible either to use the filter as categories? So when you fx choose to filter “black photos” the link will change to domain.com/blackphotos ?
Is it possible to use the bar and then add different categories like fx “Photos of New York” and “Pictures of Children” and then having the same nice setup with all the photos, just on various categories and the link must be descriptive.
These things I’m asking, would they be possible to do for a professional coder without too much hassle?
Generally when you click on a category, the category filter works within the same page and doesn’t change the URL . I think customizing it in the way you want would be easiest to accomplish with deeplinking – by adding the # in the URL (the way it works with the portfolio items), so that the functionality still will be within the same gallery page. I don’t think it would be a hassle to code this by a professional coder – the code in the gallery is well organized and contains comments everywhere, just if you decide to implement this, you can contact us to provide you the development gallery file.
I really like your theme and I want to buy it, I have looked around at the discussions and in your support forum, can’t find an answer.
Is there a way to add (through CSS for instance) text and/or CTA button on particular images/slides?
Thanks for your answer in advance!
It depends on what exactly you are trying to accomplish and what functionality you would like to implement. Generally, for each item in the slider you can insert a custom content that is displayed on the left of the slider, so this is where you can insert the button. Also, we have included styled buttons that are very easy to add from the editor – you can see an example of the buttons here.
Thanks for the quick reply!
To make the things shorter, I’d like to replace this site: http://www.weddingstationeryideas.co.uk/ with your theme or even better with your “Expression” WP theme, which I’ve just seen.
Can I have custom HTML content in the slider similar as on the static banner on the above-mentioned site? I have HTML /CSS knowledge.
For instance, can I insert custom content (CTA button linking to URL + text) in the last slide of this gallery: http://pexetothemes.com/demos/expression_wp/portfolio/the-girl-with-horse/
Thanks in advance!
Yes, you can – for the Expression theme, you can insert custom HTML code in the description section of the image, so you can insert a button as well. You can do this in the description section of the slider in Photolux theme as well.
That’s great and thanks for the quick replies! I just bought the Expression Theme.
I hope you will enjoy working with it
Sure, I will!
I was wondering whether it is a bug that the masonry restructuring of the slider gallery isn’t smooth like your expression theme or that it is intentional or perhaps optional in the settings?
If you are referring to the animation when resizing the window – it is how we have set it by default – this is an option that can be enabled/disabled in the masonry initialization script.
This theme is awesome, is it possible to get a show/hid menu button like in the galleries for the slider as well?
Thank you, I’m glad you like the theme
We have a dedicated support system where all the Pexeto items support is handled, so we kindly ask you to use our support system here:
to post your support questions. Thank you!
P.S. By default the gallery sliders don’t support such kind of functionality, so if this is an important functionality for you, you may consider using the fullscreen slideshow page instead which supports this kind of functionality.
i would like to know what is the maximum number of pictures in your theme?
i have 100 000 pictures..!!
Generally the theme is designed to support big amounts of images – the gallery loads the items on portions, the sliders support partial loading (background loading of the images), however 100 000 images is quite a big number and I can’t really say for sure if everything will be okay. I have tested the theme with around 150 images in the slider (which is still a big amount) and everything worked well, but generally with 100 000 images there will be an impact for sure regardless of the theme you choose (the queries in the database will be much slower and the HTTP responses from the server will be huge containing all the images).
Good template but need some add-ons. Just few suggestions,
- A better mobile interface which shows menu items and texts larger.
- A map coordinate add-on which can show individual map info of photos and also a map which show all pins like it happens in facebook map.
- A better grid with small, medium or large photo show options.
Thank you very much for your suggestions! As there are lots of update requests, we always try to implement the most requested features, so if any of these is highly requested, we will be considering implementing it into the theme
The fine subject, very much is pleasant!
There is a question: in Grid Gallery when you open slider won’t probably return the browser button back, but only the template button though it is separate url! it is a lot of complaints from my users! How to solve this problem! Forgive for my English!
to post your support questions. Thank you
please, add a fullscreen video background and a video gallery
Looks like a great theme, does the masonry gallery have to be full width?
Thanks, I’m glad you like it
By default the gallery is full width, however it is very easy to limit the number of columns to a static number and if you want to center it – we have already created a tutorial about how to do it.
wonderful, I just realized that there is a video gallery in the demo, but I can see no single album with the masonry style.. Is that at all possible, since we’re considering an album (one post) with ~200 images inside to be displayed like in the smaller-images-gallery page, and the images themselves to load with lightbox?
I’m not sure whether I understand this question correctly – are you asking whether you can make a small images gallery with each image opening a video in lightbox? If this is your question – yes, you can do this with the theme.
no, i mean, i want the quick gallery to look like the small images gallery – masonry style.. not the not-so-good-looking square cut thumbs
The quick gallery currently exists in that layout only (standard page layout), so if you like the masonry layout more, you can use the Grid Gallery page template.
thanks, but we require an album to be displayed that way, not a collection of albums.. any suggestions if that’s at all possible?
As the theme supports unlimited galleries, you can create a separate grid gallery for each album and make each item in the main gallery link to the relevant album gallery.
I wanted to ask couple of questions before buying this theme.
1) How would update for your theme work? If I install an update of your theme, would my customizations/data be deleted
2) (High Priority) If I want to protect my images from download, do I need to install an external plug in or this feature is provided in the theme
Here are my answers:
1) When you update the theme, your data won’t be deleted. However if you want to make changes to the code in the theme files – these changes will be lost, as the new files replace the previous files with the update. If you want to make style changes, we have added an Additional Styles section in the admin panel which you can safely use without loosing any changes if you update the theme.
2) By default we have added a right click disable option that you can use to disable the “Save image as” functionality and also warn the users with a text that they are not allowed to download the images. However, you should keep in mind that once you upload your images to the web, your only way to protect them is to watermark them – otherwise regardless of what functionality you disable and what theme you choose to use on your site, anyone with basic web knowledge skills can access your images once they are publicly uploaded to a server.
I too am very impressed with this theme….seems extremely clean and crisp for photographers. I have 5 pre-purchase questions, all of which I think I already know answer to, but better to never assume:
(1) In the full height or width slideshows, am I limited to only vertical images in the full height and only horizontal images in the full width slide shows?
(2) When showing the slideshows is there an option to NOT show the filmstrip over the bottom of the image (or not show it at all)?
(3) I notice that there is a really nice “Black & White Effect Gallery” in the demo….which shows the gallery images in B&W. Yet, when you view the images from within the gallery, they are again in color. Is that the way it is meant to work?
(4) I notice a screen overlay in the slideshow. Can this be removed?
(5) Upon purchasing your theme, does it come with the demo site format in a separate file so that it’s possible to use the demo site as a starting point?
Thank you for your kind words, I’m glad you like the theme
1. You can insert whatever image layouts you like in both types of slideshows – there isn’t a limitation, just the full width is more suitable for landscape images, while the full height is suitable for both landscape and portrait images.
2. There isn’t an option, but it can be very easily hidden with one CSS line.
3. Yes, this is the way it is designed to work – if you need the images to be black and white everywhere, you can just apply this effect in an image editor before uploading them.
4. Yes, there is an option included to remove it
5. Yes, it does, but we don’t really recommend using the import file as the theme is very easy to set and it would take you more time to get rid of the unused data after that.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $19