An introduction to support on the Marketplaces
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on the Marketplaces.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
I get a missing stylesheet error when installing the theme
This error is caused because you uploaded the wrong file. To fix this follow the following steps:
- Download the file from Themeforest
- Unzip the file you just downloaded
- There is a file called “Upload”Themename”ToWordpress” within the download you just unzipped
- Upload the file called: “Upload”Themename”ToWordpress” in your Admin panel
The “Themename” part is the name of the theme you purchased
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using the Marketplaces you should come straight to Envato Support.