Providence is a beautifully clean, classy and modern Shopify theme that directs attention straight to your products.
Due to its minimal design, Providence is perfect for stores of any type, from crafts to cookies to luxury furniture. It’s also built on our rock solid Storefront framework, meaning it’s also extremely versatile and easy to customize.
3.0.0 – April 29, 2013
- Major update: Providence has been completely rebuilt from the ground up to be the most advanced and most customizable Shopify theme available anywhere. Changes include:
- Conversion from Twitter Bootstrap to Zurb Foundation 4
- New, powerful control over sidebars via admin panel: choose which side and which pages sidebars appear on
- Support for 2 level drop down menus
- More flexible slider
- Ability to add fields to custom contact form simply by typing in field names
- Use of sass and coffeescript for css and js (source files included)
- Many bug fixes
2.0.2 – October 29, 2012
- Enhancement: Horizontally center featured image on product page when too small to fit frame.
2.0.1 – October 27, 2012
- Bugfix: Display proper product variant image and availability in cart.
- Bugfix: Set proper sidebar border and margins when sidebar assigned to left side.
2.0.0 – October 22, 2012
- Providence is now completely adaptive and responsive and looks beautiful on anything from an iPhone to a 27” Cinema Display.
- HTML has been completely rewritten as properly structured and valid HTML5.
- Slideshow now supports Vimeo video! Simply drop in a Vimeo video ID in the slideshow settings and the theme does all the heavy lifting (HTML5 video embed). The video is adaptive & responsive too.
- Selecting a product variant from the drop down now updates the product image.
- Products now automatically display the first available variant when loaded.
- Automatic notice for products that are on backorder (out of stock but still available for purchase).
- Search results indicate result type (product, page, article, etc.)
- Customer account pages have been redesigned.
- New theme setting options:
- Header background style
- Header background color
- Header background transparency
- Site accent color 01
- Site accent color 02
- Footer background style
- Footer background color
- Footer background transparency
- Display home page highlight bar
- Home page highlight bar content
- Slideshow video aspect ratio
- Number of products per row for collection views
- Clean, professional design
- Valid HTML
- Drop-down menu support
- Widgetized sidebar and footer for incredible versatility
- Library of more than 12 pre-built widgets makes it simple to display anything from latest blog posts to top products to Twitter feeds
- 3 page layouts: Full Width, Sidebar (left or right) and Contact
- Prebuilt contact form with direct connection to MailChimp
- Styled customer area
- Styled checkout area
- Beautiful product slideshows
- Gravatar supported comments
- Easy social sharing buttons on products and blog posts
- Custom logo, favicon and Apple touch icon uploads
- Ability to add custom content to cart page (last minute promotions, etc.)
- Integration with the entire Google Web Fonts library
- Detailed documentation
- Twitter Bootstrap – http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/
- jQuery – http://jquery.com/
- jQuery Fancybox – http://fancyapps.com/fancybox/
- jQuery Tweet – http://tweet.seaofclouds.com/
Want to learn more? Check out the online documentation.
Need some help? Send us an email at email@example.com