An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Author support for this item
The author of this item, Veented, will respond to buyers’ questions and provide limited support through their own support system.
Additional information from Veented:
- Responding to questions or problems regarding the item and its features
- Fixing bugs and reported issues
- Providing updates to ensure compatibility with new software versions
- Customization and installation services
- Support for third party software and plug-ins
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there any Theme Documentation file included with the Purity theme?
But of course. It’s the index.html file located in the /Documentation/ folder.
How to update from 1.* to 3.0?
The 3.0 theme update brings dozen of new features including WooCommerce support, WPML support, Revolution Slider and much more. To get use of them you will need to update all of your theme files.
First of all, head over to your “Downloads” tab on ThemeForest and download the Purity theme files again. Unpack the main .zip file that you have just downloaded.
Now, you can choose one of two file update methods: FTP (recommended) or Theme Reinstallation. Both are described below:
- FTP Using a program like FileZilla, connect to your host/server (you will find the FTP login information in your host administration panel) and navigate to your /wp-content/themes/ folder. You will find a folder named “purity” there. Open it. That’s the place where you upload all of the new files from the /purity/ folder (make sure that you replace the old ones). After you are done, disconnect and close the program.
- Theme Reinstall Note that this method may not work properly on 100% hosts and you may loose your Theme Options data (just the panel data, there is no risk of loosing page or posts content) so I truly recommend to use the first method. Login to your Admin Dashboard, open the Appearance / Themes menu, switch back to default theme and delete Purity. Now you just follow the steps of a standard theme installation: Add new theme / Upload / choose the purity.zip file and press Install.
After you are done updating the theme files, you will need to update the Theme Options panel. Just open the Purity / Theme Options menu and press the “Update Panel” button located at the bottom left side of the panel.
I’m having troubles with the TimThumb script and images on my website won’t display, what do I do?
The TimThumb script was replaced with AquaResizer script in the 2.0 theme update. Please update your theme files!
When to contact Help Team
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Help Team.