Search Engine Optimization has been made a priority when designing the QualiFire theme. In the code hierarchy, the main content block is placed before the sidebar regardless of the sidebar position, so it is crawled first by search engines.
Preset Styles: Black | Red | Olive | Blue | Grey | Orange | Lavender | Tan | Midnight Blue
Slider Demos: Slider 1 | Slider 2 | Slider 3 | No Slider Option
QualiFire theme features many convenient options that will make customization easy and fun. The theme is widgetized and offers 9 preset styles to choose from.
- This theme is Internationalized (translation ready) – the theme has been updated to support translations in more than one language. We have included a (.pot file included to have the theme localized)
Three Home Page SlidersYou will be able to upload and reorder slider images in the theme’s options page (View Screen Shot).
- Piecemaker Flash Slider – Customize every aspect of the slider via the theme’s options page, including being able to upload the slider images, reorder them (drag-and-drop), delete slides, choose from 40 different tween types, etc.
- jQuery Cycle Slider Full Width Image – Slide controls available: pause, resume, jump to a specific slide. Choose from 28 transition effects that could be assigned independently to each slide. Slide link with the option to open in current or new window. Also remove the 3D shadow option is available.
- jQuery Cycle Slider With an Image, Text and Button – Slide controls available: pause, resume, jump to a specific slide. Choose from 28 transition effects that could be assigned independently to each slide. Link button auto generated with the option to open the link in current or new window. Also remove the 3D shadow option is available.
- An additional “No slider” option has been added with the ability to add custom text in the place of the slider
- QualiFire: Subpages – Displays a parent’s children pages. The parent is displayed as the title. This widget is handy if you have a lot of pages that would normally take up too much room in the sidebar, so you could use this widget to display a much shorter version of the menu in the sidebar showing just the descendant pages of the current page.
- QualiFire: Login Form – Displays a login in the sidebar. Users can login and logout directly from the sidebar without being redirected to the default WP login page.
- QualiFire: Custom Category widget – allows you to display a single category and all of its descendant categories respectively. This comes in handy for sections of the website such as the Portfolio or Blog/News, where you might want to narrow the categories displayed in the sidebar for the current section to be more relevant.
- QualiFire: Recent Posts – Display the most recent posts with teaser text, author and date info (optional), you also have the option to offset the displayed recent posts from the most current one, use this to omit the first 2 or 3 latest posts for example. In addition to that the widget allows you to select a specific category and all its descendants respectively.
- QualiFire: Google Map – Copy and paste your Google map code to display a Google Map in the sidebar (useful for the Contact page).
Custom Widget Areas
- There are 8 expandable widget areas. They are designed in a such a way to span the width of the page dynamically, e.g. if one column is deactivated, then the remaining columns will re-size to span the full width of the page, if let’s say only one column is active then it will span the full width of the page, etc. The remaining 4 static widget areas deal with the sidebars.
Sidebar positionCould be set as left or right at any time from the theme’s Options page for each section (e.g. Portfolio, Blog, Contact page, etc.) independently.
- In the code hierarchy, the main content block is always placed before the sidebar regardless of the sidebar position, so it is crawled first by search engines.
Custom SidebarsThey go hand in hand with the available page templates (see below) and allow for customized look and feel for the various sections of the website. Available sidebars:
- Portfolio section sidebar
- Blog section sidebar
- Contact page sidebar
- Default page sidebar
- Pre-formatted Business Contact Fields – that could be entered directly from the theme’s Options page. This feature can be enabled/disabled from the Option’s page as well. The Business Contact Fields provide a way to better display additional contact information such as Company Name, Address, Phone, etc.
- E-mail form:
- Phone number validation (North America format) that could be enabled/disabled from the theme’s Options page (disabled by default).
- The contact form offers ReCAPTCHA for extra security
Portfolio sectionUse this area to assign Portfolio Categories to their respective Portfolio pages.
- Multiple portfolio sections.
- Thumbnail images are automatically generated
- Specify the number of items per page
- Automatic pagination
- Option to include/exclude date, post metadata and comments from the portfolio item’s individual post
- Sidebar position control
TypographyRefer to the Typography page for examples.
960 Grid systemThis theme has been designed with the help of the 960-grid system – more info here
- Portfolio page template
- Blog page template
- Contact page template
- Full-width page template (no sidebar)
TranslationsThis theme is Internationalized (translation ready) – the theme has been updated to support translations in more than one language. We have included a (.pot file included to have the theme localized) Included Translations with the theme:
- Spanish Translation courtesy of Francesc Sistach
- Portuguese (Brazil) Translation courtesy of Rodrigo Freitas Dias
PaginationAdvanced paging navigation featuring WP-PageNavi plugin which is integrated into the theme, therefore there’s no activation process needed.
Search Results PageHighlighted searched term in search results.
ShortcodesRefer to the Typography page for examples.
DocumentationHelp and extensive documentation is provided a click away with the theme’s options page
Version 1.3.2 – Updated: 12.07.2014
- Updated : TimThumb script update
- Updated : flickrRSS plugin (v5.3.1)
- Updated : WP125 plugin (v1.5.3)
Version 1.3.1 – Updated: 10.12.2013
- Added : A ‘child’ theme
- Updated : Optimized Cycle 1 and Cycle 2 sliders for speed
- Updated : IMPORTANT SECURITY UPDATE: Removed “Uploadify” script completely
- Updated : prettyPhoto script to latest version 3.1.5
- Updated : Timthumb script security update
- Fixed : WPML compatibility with the theme’s Portfolio pages
Version 1.3.0 – Updated: 02.07.2012
- Added : Custom CSS3 buttons with shortcodes
- Added : Spanish Translation courtesy of Francesc Sistach ( http://themeforest.net/user/fsistach )
- Added : Portuguese (Brazil) Translation courtesy of Rodrigo Freitas Dias ( http://themeforest.net/user/entropiabr )
- Updated : prettyPhoto script
- Updated : Removed the “Loading First Image…” text from Piecemaker slider Preloader
- Fixed : Small redirect issue with “QualiFire: Login Form” widget
- Fixed : Some minor bugs
Version 1.2.4 – Updated: 10.08.2011
- Updated : Included missing form validation strings from the Contact page for translation to the ‘qualifire.pot’ file
- Updated : prettyPhoto to latest version 3.1.2 with jQuery 1.4.4
- Updated : WP-prettyPhoto plugin automatic detection
- Updated : Timthumb script security update
Version 1.2.3 – Updated: 08.08.2011
- Updated : Timthumb script security update
- Added : WPML xml file to enable theme options translation
- Fixed : Display the post counts on the same line as the category/achive names (to the right of them) in the widgets
- Fixed : ‘itemDescription’ custom field translation problem
Version 1.2.2 – Updated: 24.04.2011
- Updated : WPML v2.2.2 compatibility update
- Added : Shortcodes for Dividers and Blockquotes/Pull-quotes
Version 1.2.1 – Updated: 20.02.2011
- Fixed : PHP 4 related error related to the “QualiFire: Subpages” widget
- Fixed : the issue of Titles not showing in IE 9. It is a Cufon related update for file ‘cufon-yui.js’ version 1.09i, which is the same as 1.09 but IE9-compatible. The affected file is ‘scripts/cufon/cufon-yui.js’
Version 1.2.0 – Updated: 22.06.2011
- Added : Translations support. For those of you who downloaded the theme before June 22nd,2010 and would like to use the theme for multiple languages would have to download it again and use the most current version.
Version 1.1.0 – Updated: 14.06.2011
- Added : This update adds support for the new WP3 .0 Menus system.
Version 1.0.1 – Updated: 01.06.2011
- Fixed : This update fixes some bugs in relation to non-UTF-8 database collation WordPress installs or if you installed the theme on a non-English version of WordPress and also some minor CSS bugs.