This author's response time can be up to 1 business day.
Quite impressive! Congrats and good luck with your sales!
Thank you everyone for your kind comments We are super excited to deliver RAIN for WordPress as well.
If you like it and want to support us, you can rate this theme in “My Account -> Downloads”.
Have a great day guys!
How does the homepage operate with short posts – may be: the post has only 5 lines and no image? It would be nice, if you can add such post to the demo, because all the posts there have the same content.
And I will also ask for the read more tag – does this theme works with it?
1) Yes, it will look bad, titles will clash a little together, etc. I don’t think there is a reasonable nice looking solution to this problem. It’s just what it is with this design concept. I would recommend to have each post at least 500px in height which is roughly an image + 10 lines or 20 lines without image on a standard monitor. Shouldn’t be a problem for most bloggers/writers though.
2) Yes, this works out of the box
Thanks and cheers! —freshfaceIf you like the item and want to support us, please consider rating it in “My Account -> Downloads”.SUPPORT TOOLS
Thanks for your honest words.
Just for the name we have to love this theme
Kidding aside, happy to see you turned this creative design into a WordPress theme, all the best of luck with sales!
Something different, I like it too.
Thank you very much, I’m really happy to hear that
Thanks and cheers! —freshfaceSUPPORT TOOLS
Can you make it infinite scrolling? The user has to click to the next page it disturbs the rain soundtrack and the vibe you’ve worked so hard to set…
We will think about that, it would have a negative impact on the JS that controls the layout/titles/animations and a lot of fixing would need to be done. If sales will be good, we can afford to try it. As it is now, it wasn’t built to count with infinite scrolling and AJAX.
At the moment, you could set “posts per page” to something like 20-30 as a compromise.
Thank you for developing this theme. I have been a fan of this ghost theme for a while!
good luck with sales.
I got this up on running on my podcast soo easy.. thanks for the great theme – site: http://chillsky.com
Awesome! Thank you for your kind words The RAIN theme is pretty straightforward, I am sure it has only taken you a few minutes to have it up and running with all the content
By the way, I would recommend setting a higher “posts per page” in Theme Options.
Hi Frshface. Two questions…
Is it possible to insert a video instead a photo?
And a contact page?
Thanks in advance
Yes, but not out of the box, I would suggest downloading a responsive video embed plugin that will make sure your video embed code is responsive. For example: http://wordpress.org/plugins/fitvids-for-wordpress/
Same goes for contact page. There is a default page template where you should be able to insert a shortcode of some Contact Page plugin – but some styling would need to be written to make it match the theme. For example: http://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7/
Thanks for your quick reply. I will consider to purchase it in the next days.
Okay, if there is anything else we can help you with, just reach out to us here.
Last question…... Is it possible to change the rain sound for a different sound? Thanks and hope to build my new project with your theme…
Yes, here is a screenshot of the RAIN admin panel:
You can upload your own mp3/ogg audio files there.
You are most welcome!
Purchased and 5 stars
Thank you kindly
I’m really happy to hear that, thank you very much Feel free to contact us in case of any questions or problems
A really great theme!
Is it possible for each item on the right side of an article image without creating rain?
Thank you for your compliment. Could you please be more specific? Unfortunately your English is a little hard to understand.
Sorry. my english is not so good.
on the left is the rain image
it can use a picture of your choice?
Per article a picture?
I can understand you now, thank you.
Yes and no. You can use your own picture but you cannot change it on a per-post basis. You can only have 1 background image for the whole website.
great theme and so fresh !
A question though : is it possible to set a static page as homepage instead of blog post ?
Thank you guys
Thank you Waprod!
Yes, you can do so in “Settings -> Reading ->Front page displays -> A static page -> Front Page”
Nice concept, great from design point but have few notes because despite of great design and simplicity I would expect from theme for 45 USD little more.. I considered to buy that but its simply too many things I need is missing in template: 1) premade sample about page should me more appealing – now its quite boring ..basicly sample about page is not done at all 2) missing category selection – if blog will be full of post there should by an way how visitor actually browse/search through post for exaple by tags or something + there should be something like recommended posts so blogger can actually highlight some post and bring them to readers attention 3 )missing premade sample contact page with contact form, phone nor some contact details. 3) I dont know if its actually best idea have main menu at bottom I had to play with template for a while to actually find than under table of content is menu home about blog so many people can miss that. 3) Missing social buttons ( FB, twitter, etc..) of blogger and ability to share blogs on socvial network as well . I think every blogging template should have sodcial buttons somewhere and also buttons to share articles/blogs at end of every blog/article
1) Price is something that only Envato can control, we cannot set our own prices. They probably gave it $45 because it’s really unique and if you want it you will just buy it no matter what price. It’s also probably higher because the sales of such theme will naturally be low.
2) We did no feature categories on the front end because we think they would disrupt the simplicity. But we have made tags shown on front end if you want to organize it at least a little bit. Here is a demo: http://bit.ly/1f7Hgpx
3,4,5) We have decided it would be best to release RAIN as is without including any advanced plugin functionality such as contact, sharing, etc. But the user still has an option use plugins from the WordPress repository. If there will be enough demand though, we can re-visit this idea again in the future.
Hehe I see you like czech language . 1) Ok 2) Ok nice to see some tags there , but anyway I thing something like list of all tags can be good – if you dont want break simple site design I think in Table of content at bottom can be a list of all tags – it would be nice i think… 3,4,5) Yes you are right that it can be implemented using other WP plugins but it it will not fit site design so an designer have to be hired to play with css and make plugins fit site design – thats the reason why I always choose templates where this is done already because it save me money and also theme designer will make it looks best to fit rest of template usually.. I think make nice about me and contact page + place somewhere social buttons is not so much work and I think it can really raise sales – for example for me to have those things as part of theme is main thing and first I look if some theme is interesting is if it have about me, contact page and social buttons as part bof template and if it fit theme desgn..
We are all Czech actually, except some of our external partners
2) I think it would look too busy with yet another set of elements in there. But… at the bottom of the “Table of Contents”, there is a Custom Menu which you can customize. It can link to pages (as shown in the demo) or categories or just about anywhere you want.
3) I agree, but it is risky for us to devote further resources into features that not everyone really needs even before we ship the first version. Like I’ve said before, if the demand is there, we can surely start adding more features in. If you want to support development, please consider purchasing now. The same reason why there aren’t many themes like this (from all authors) isn’t a lack of creativity but a lack of customers who are actually ready to spend money on something a little unorthodox. I also fully understand your point of view. I would say it’s kind of a stalemate. We would love to push it somehow, but we didn’t find the right way that would be fair and safe for everyone – yet. I like what Kickstarter.com does, just as an example. If sales will be good by the end of this week, at least 25 total, we will know there is a strong demand and that a further development of new features could be paid for.
This looks theme looks really great. Before I might purchase it for a new writing project, I do have some questions.
1) Yes, you can remove both the button and autoplay in Theme Options, here is a screenshot of the admin panel:
3) Table of Contents is for blog posts only. But below it there is a Custom Menu which can link to pages, categories, tags, anything.
4) If sales will be good by the end of this week, at least 25 total, we will know there is a strong demand and that a further development of new features (such as authorbox, social sharing and contact form) could be paid for.
Thanky you very much, we are really happy that you like it
Have also been a secret admirer of Rain on Ghost. It’s awesome. Great to see it out for Wordpress. Good luck with the sales.
Like Sigor Giamos I also can’t see the menu on the mobile version. What I did was simply open it in Chrome, then resized the window horizontally until there is the mobile layout, and hit “reload”, just to be sure I load everything related to the mobile view. Couldn’t see a menu.
I’m wondering, if you don’t plan to include a picture lightbox, is there a plugin you might be able to recommend, that fits to this design? Something you’ve come across that you liked? Just wondering. I totally agree with your approach not to include every feature under the sun. Less is more.
Thank you Quinquilitz
The mobile menu will be fixed in v1.2 in under 12 hours, we are just waiting for a review.
Regarding the lightbox, I don’t have any favorites unfortunately.
Pre-purchase request: Could you make this posts work with Infinite Scroll as an alternative to using pagination? Thanks!
Awesome. Have been itching to see this on Wordpress, so really just need a reason to make a website use this.
Question for you, though: how hard would it be to switch the rain droplets into snow falling behind a blurry window?
Conversely, could you keep the blurry window and turn off the droplets, as if it were cold outside, but not raining?
We like the idea of snow, but unfortunately it’s far away from how the rainyday.js script works and can’t be easily modified.
In regards to blur, it’s a constant value all over the canvas so if you would want to turn off any rain/snow then you could just as well use a static background image (blurred) and it would look the same.
You have knocked me out again. I love this theme. It’s exactly what I’ve been looking for to post blurbs of my writing projects. Once I get it up and running I will post the link for you to check out.
Thank you, we are glad you like it so much Please do let me know if there is anything we can help you with.
I’m really happy to hear that And excited to see your site up
Wow, super creative and unique. I am impressed. I have bookmarked this and will consider it for a project. Good luck with sales!
I’m really happy to hear that Feel free to contact us in case of any questions or problems
I’m really happy to hear that
Wow I love this theme!
I have a few questions.
Is it possible to change the background picture and sound on every page?
Are u planning to add more effects later? Would like to see effects for all seasons!
Thank you, it’s great to hear you like it
You can use your own picture but you cannot change it on a per-post or per-page basis. You can only have 1 background image for the whole website.
Regarding other seasons, it’s something we don’t have any plans for but I understand where you are going with it.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Why buy with Envato
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.