An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Author support for this item
The author of this item, MDNW, will respond to buyers’ questions and provide limited support through this item’s comments.
Additional information from MDNW:
The Support Policy:
We provide active support for our products for the first 6 months of their life cycle – this is where the majority of patches, feature additions, & bug-fixes are discovered. Beyond that, the themes are sold “as-is”. I will do my best to answer questions as they arise (and patch any late-discovery bugs), but after that first 6 months, my focus will naturally shift to newer products.Support includes:
- Responding to basic theme usage that isn’t made clear in the documentation.
- Fixing bugs and reported issues.
- Providing updates to ensure compatibility with new software versions.
- Customization and installation services
- Support for third party software and plug-ins (unless otherwise stated in the theme description)
- Products over 6 months old (please feel free to post bugs so that I can fix them ASAP, but older themes will no longer be on a regular release schedule like the new themes are).
I’ll naturally release patches for these themes as it becomes necessary & logical for basic stability. More specifically: I’m working on releasing fully updated versions of the entire Super Skeleton line of themes over March/April/June 2014, so if you’re using an older version of any of those themes, keep an eye out for the new versions (they’ll be free for all existing buyers of course).
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
When to contact Help Team
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Help Team.