Salutation is Responsive!
Salutation has an awesome responsive design making it the best mobile ready WordPress, BuddyPress and bbPress theme ever!
Slider Revolution plugin included FREE!
We’ve added the incredible Slider Revolution plugin to make adding awesome layered slide shows with dynamic animation a breeze.
A Responsive WordPress, BuddyPress and bbPress Theme
Salutation is a WordPress and BuddyPress theme. If you’re not familiar with BuddyPress, it’s a social network plugin for WordPress allowing your website to become a fully functional community portal. BuddyPress lets your users interract through groups, forums, friends, status updates, private messaging and a lot more.
Salutation has a clean design focused on high-level content organization. It’s easy to navigate and promotes a feeling of user satisfaction. The well organized menus and page structures encourage a positive user experience allowing your visitors to find what they’re looking for quickly. The theme includes administration features giving you complete control of your website’s layout and design. The unique and easy to manage design ensures your site will stand out and be remembered.
Looking for theme support?
Help and Support
Post support questions to our Help Center for faster responses and better support.
Installation and Setup
Theme Options and Design Settings
Menus and Page/Post Options
Blog Settings and Shortcodes
Static Blocks, Sidebars, Top Tabs and Slideshows
Working with Shortcodes
BuddyPress Setup and Installation
Drag and Drop Layout Manager
Using the drag-and-drop “Layout Manager” you can create custom layouts for any page or post. Attach custom headers and footers to your layouts and interchange them as needed. This provides incredible flexibility so that you decide how your site looks instead of the theme deciding for you.
Contact Form Builder
You can add custom fields to your contact forms from the admin options. Any number of custom fields can be created and attached individually to any form. Includes options for custom validation, custom error messages, CAPTCHA and more.
Unbranded White Label Admin
An unbranded administrative interface with options to add your logo to the admin as well as and other company details, set permissions to restrict client access to theme options and more. To disable access to advanced developer features you can optionally hide the developer panels before turning the site over to your client.
Create unlimited sidebars and add them to your custom layouts. You can also insert sidebars directly into any content area using a special shortcode!
Coded with Care
The theme uses HTML5 and CSS3 to create advanced styles using the latest technologies. Proper heading tags and coding standards are used to ensure outstanding search engine optimization. We take pride in creating well formatted and easily managed code.
And a lot more!
We’ve built this theme jam packed with so many incredible features and functionality they can’t all be listed here.
Find out more and see the theme in action on the Salutation Demo Website.
- Responsive and mobile ready!
- Slider Revolution Plugin FREE!
- Unlimited color choices
- Unlimited layouts and page templates
- Drag and drop layout manager
- Contact form generator
- Full localization (.po/.mo files)
- Powerful and easy to use theme options. Unbranded!
- WordPress 3.0+ ready!
- BuddyPress v1.5 ready!
- Popup login form
- Layered PSD files for customization
Get News and Updates
Looking for information about new releases and theme updates? Subscribe to our emails or follow us on Twitter and we’ll do our best to keep you informed.Updates and notifications
Some nice things customers are saying…
I bought this theme last week and it is by far the most flexible, innovative, supported and documented WordPress theme I have ever come across. Amazing work. – resellerdepot
I buy themes from TF like women buy shoes and this has been the BEST user experience in crafting a custom site (with BuddyPress to boot!) that I’ve had. Better than WooThemes, Thesis, Genesis, BuddyBoss, PageLines, Press75, etc etc. – gopherdogs
Between the amazing aesthetic design and the superbly thought out backend, this theme could not be praised enough. Congratulations on an excellent job. – kmahbod
WOW … I just wanted to get on here and say that the support forum is one of the best I have been on. Great community and easy to use. I have found most of my questions answered already there. This theme is getting 5 stars from me. Not just for the ease of use but because of the support I am getting in the Forums. I think I will be getting Mingle next. Thanks so much!!!!! – findley75494
Its all about support, and I very much doubt that I could get better support than I have through Parallelus, even though, at the end of the day, it wasn’t a problem with the theme at all, but with the server. I would never have solved this for myself, even though I consider myself an experienced Wordpress user – completely out of my depth.
After all this the big question is. Would I buy from Parallelus again? Yes, I would, with a good feeling as well, because I know that I will get excellent support. – musicmovement
I recently joined the // (Parallelus) family after I purchased another BP theme and it failed miserably. I’ve been enjoying your product and I love that there is such a big community around support. – mikeg
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 18.104.22.168 (April 8th 2015)
- Added support for more BuddyPress profile field types.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 22.214.171.124 (January 16th 2015)
Minor fix and a plugin update.
- Updated to Slider Revolution v4.6.5.
- Fixed repeat not working for default header and footer backgrounds.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 126.96.36.199 (September 29th 2014)
- Updated to Slider Revolution v4.6.
- Updated theme to support BuddyPress v2.1.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 188.8.131.52 (August 13th 2014)
Various fixes and updates.
- Updated to Slider Revolution v4.5.95.
- Fixed activity stream Reply link not working properly
- Added better support for BuddyDrive plugin.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 3.0.4 (July 4th 2014)
Various fixes and updates.
- Updated to Slider Revolution v4.5.7.
- Fixed layout and styling for rtMedia.
- Fixed blog shortcode image_width value not working.
- Fixed BuddyPress 2 “members/username/settings/profile/” page not working.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 3.0.3 (April 30th 2014)
- Updated to Slider Revolution v4.3.8.
- Added notification styles.
- Added bbPress translations.
- Fixed portfolio titles and descriptions not always displaying.
- Fixed warnings in contact form.
- Fixed BuddyPress notifications tab.
- Fixed shortcode generator in WP 3.9 editor.
- Fixed rtMedia plugin conflict.
- Fixed shortcode generator in SSL admin.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 3.0.2 (October 7th 2013)
- Updated Colorbox lightbox version.
- Updated demo content files.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 3.0.1 (September 19th 2013)
- Set device scaling for mobile browsers.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 3 (September 17th 2013)
Major update to responsive design.
- Added mobile ready responsive design!
- Added Slider Revolution plugin!
- Updated BP avatar sizing for improved HiDPI support.
- Fixed lightbox references to YouTube short URL’s.
- Fixed bbPress posts not showing in BP 1.8 forums.
- Fixed errors on BP activity.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 2.0.8 (May 31st 2013)
- BuddyPress and bbPress styling updates.
- BuddyPress blog registration URL label updated.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 2.0.7 (May 7th 2013)
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 2.0.6 (April 25th 2013)
Feature updates and bug fixes.
- Updated for BP 1.7 support.
- Fixed breadcrumbs.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 2.0.5 (February 19th 2013)
Feature updates and bug fixes.
- Added slide show “layer” animations.
- Fixed BP translation references for JS files.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 2.0.4 (December 28th 2012)
- Update to lightbox script for fullscreen Vimeo.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 2.0.3 (December 17th 2012)
General updates and WP 3.5 changes.
- Drag and drop layout manager update for WP 3.5.
- Updated the $content_width variable.
- Updated search query term in results page.
- Update to prevent error if menus are not set.
- Added condition for empty layouts variable.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 2.0.2 (November 27th 2012)
Updates and fixes.
- PHP v5.4.x functions update.
- Update to avatar size in BuddyPress areas.
- Added BuddyPress single user “Capabilities” page template.
- Changed default $context to “default” instead of “post”.
- BuddyPress “Single User – Settings” layout fixed.
- BuddyPress “Single Group – Plugin” layout fixed.
- Fixed comments link on posts.
- Fixed 404 template content assignment.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 2.0.1 (October 29th 2012)
Minor fixes and changes.
- Various style fixes/updates.
- BuddyPress messages formatting update.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 2.0 (October 22nd 2012)
Major version update.
- jQuery update in WP enqueue.
- Modified paging for WP 3.4 home page bug
- Updated translation files
- Added visual editor support in bbPress
- Updated BP paging styles, layout and appearance
- Updates and fixes to bbPress styling
- Updates to bbPress template files
- Fixed layouts not applying to BuddyPress “settings” areas.
- Search form in BuddyPress directory areas alignment issue in IE9
- Fix for custom body font setting not saving
- Fixed overflow problem on BuddyPress messages list.
- Improved content filtering and display for Static Blocks
- Fixed textarea height in BP
- Improved Template Engine for theme template loading.
- Fixed plugin conflicts.
- Updated variable references for improve child theme support.
- Added some extra BP hooks: bp_head, bp_header, bp_after_header, bp_before_container, etc…
- Modified CSS structure of BP container ID and class naming
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 1.5.4 (September 19th 2012)
Bug fix update.
- Updated translation files (again)
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 1.5.3 (August 20th 2012)
Bug fix and feature update.
- Updated translation files.
- Fix for BP group avatar cropping.
- Added visibility support BP profile fields.
- Updated pagination class names.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 1.5.2 (August 9th 2012)
Bug fix update.
- Fix for comment name and text not showing.
- BuddyPress fix for avatars during AJAX requests.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 1.5.1 (August 8th 2012)
Bug fix update.
- BP admin bar style updates.
- Fixed BP avatars in WP comments.
- Fixed a bug in <title> display.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 1.5 (August 6th 2012)
Feature update, BP 1.6 and some other minor changes.
- Added BuddyPress v1.6 compatibility updates.
- Fixed a typo reference to “header” in the footer background.
- Modified <title> element for better SEO plugin compatability.
- Removed redundant or unnecessary BP functions
- Fixed BP forum reply textarea height.
- Removed duplicate ‘ago’ in groups loop
- Added support for WP “more” tag.
- Corrected field height setting in contact forms.
- Changed BP group moderator name format to match BP default.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 184.108.40.206 (March 19th 2012)
- Fixed title element error on sites without BP enabled.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 1.4.3 (March 16th 2012)
Bug fix and feature updates.
- Added new containers to Layout Manager: “2/5 – 3/5” and “3/5 – 2/5”.
- Added BuddyPress action in Members header.
- Updated HTML <title> element to better display BuddyPress page names.
- Update to ‘the_content’ filters.
- Style update on “slide open” tabs to fix 1px gap in Safari on Mac.
- Minor style updates for BuddyPress areas.
- Removed legacy saved data function from core.
- Fixed wrong user avatar showing in BP Activity reply.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 1.4.2 (February 6th 2012)
Bug fix and security update.
- Fixed display for BuddyPress Activity.
- Modified settings export function.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 1.4.1 (January 29th 2012)
Bug fix update.
- Fixed, ‘the_content’ post type filter.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 1.4 (January 26th 2012)
Feature updates and compatibility improvements.
- Added “Filters” for removing plugin display by post type.
- Fixed BP not displaying Forum tab content in Members area.
- Fixed layout assignment for BP Groups plugin tab.
- Fixed BP activity stream delete/reply comment display.
- Fixed issue with repeating content in Static Block.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 1.3.1 (December 31st 2011)
Minor updates and bug fixes.
- Updated to jQuery v1.7
- Added error checking in image size function.
- WP 3.3 compatability updates.
- Fixed BP AJAX loading error.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 1.3 (November 4th 2011)
bbPress 2.0 support, major updates and bug fixes.
- bbPress 2.0 support!
- Updatated contact form admin for easier setup and install.
- Improved support for BuddyPress plugins.
- Improved support for custom post types with theme layouts.
- Updated translation files.
- Fixed BP activity “Load more” bug.
- Fixed BP pageination bug.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 1.2.2 (October 17th 2011)
Bug fix, style adjustments, etc.
- Updated length of BuddyPress group description (from 25 letters to 100).
- Updated static blocks to include content ID in classname.
- Updates to BuddyPress template files (BP 1.5 related general modifications)
- Added min-width to outer wrapper for improved display on smaller screens.
- Fixed WP Admin bar styles to correct specificity issue (FF).
- Fixed background image positioning and repeat options.
- Fixed image resize function for servers with funky virtual folder structure.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 1.2.1 (September 22nd 2011)
Bug fix and style adjustments.
- Updated references to “is_site_admin” with “is_super_admin”.
- Fixed delete link in BP v1.5 activity streams.
- Fixed favorite link in BP 1.5 activity streams.
- Changed height of activity update inputs.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 1.2 (September 21st 2011)
BuddyPress v1.5 Compatibility Update
- Updated theme related BP files and CSS.
- Added theme styled default avatar icon.
- Updated “BuddyPress Links” custom menu options with “Special Functionality”.
THEME UPDATE – VERSION 1.1 (September 19th 2011)
Minor feature and bug fix update.
- New feature: Get featured image directly with image shortcode [styled_image image=”featured”]
- New feature: [bp_notices] shortcode for Notices from BP Messages area.
- Better support for plugins making direct calls to “the_header()” and “the_footer()”
- Compress CSS file for base BuddyPress styles.
How to Update
You can re-download the new version from your account: “My account > Downloads”. After the files are downloaded, copy the new theme folder to your server using your FTP application, overwriting the existing version.