An introduction to support on the Marketplaces
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on the Marketplaces.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Hands-on support for this item is provided by QODE
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to do when I get this error message after I upgrade my theme via ftp: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /wp-content/themes/satellite/includes/google-fonts.php on line 1?
That’s the problem with ftp client. Here is solution:http://stackoverflow.com/questions/554960/how-can-i-stop-filezilla-changing-my-linebreaks
You should copy whole theme again when you fix the problem with ftp client.
How to upgrade Satellite7 theme?
If you are using FileZilla, please read this before you copy files:
You can upgrade our theme by performing following steps:
1. Download latest theme main file from ThemeForest
2. Extract it and locate satellite.zip
3. Extract satellite.zip and locate satellite folder
4. Copy/Replace the content of satellite folder to /wp-content/themes/satellite folder of your web site.
Using this method, none of existing content or settings will be lost.
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using the Marketplaces you should come straight to Envato Support.