An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Author support for this item
The author of this item, ThemeCanon, will respond to buyers’ questions and provide limited support through the following contact form.
Additional information from ThemeCanon:
- Responding to questions or problems regarding the item and its features
- Fixing bugs and reported issues
- Providing updates to ensure compatibility with new software versions
- Customization and installation services
- Support for third party software and plug-ins
Please sign in to contact this author.
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m getting this error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function lcfirst() in path-to-theme/inc/functions/functions_custom.php on line 52
Your server host is running an older version of PHP, you should contact the people responsible and ask them to upgrade to at least version 5.3.0
How do I add images to my gallery?
1.Set up a category for gallery posts.
2.Create post with featured image and assign to category.
3.Create page with gallery page template, choose gallery style and choose to display your gallery post category.
How do I translate the theme?
To translate the theme you have to edit the language .po file (located in selfy/lang folder). We suggest you use the free editor POEdit: http://www.poedit.net/
Once you have translated the .po file (or portions of it) you must tell WordPress to use your new translation. Go to wp-config.php and find the line
Change this to use your translated .po file. For example if you have made a danish translation you should name your .po file da_DK.po and set WPLANG to
More info on translating WordPress can be found here:
When to contact Help Team
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Help Team.