An introduction to support on the Marketplaces
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on the Marketplaces.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Hands-on support for this item is provided by 2mediax
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW TO USE THE PAGE BUILDER
- Make sure you have the latest wordpress version installed. 3.5.1 is latest so far
- open Settings->Visual Composer and make sure the “Columns CSS class names” for each Span 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 are set as: onecol, twocol, threecol, fourcol, fivecol, sixcol, sevencol, eightcol, ninecol, tenco, elevencol. (LEAVE SPAN 12 BLANK.)
- YOU ARE READY TO USE THE PAGE BUILDER
- when using columns layouts like 1/3, 1/2, 1/4, etc… first column box should have Extra class name “first” and last column box should have Extra class name “last” to perfectly align!
all this it’s written in the manual too!!...
The page builder is not compatible with old pages builded manually, could work with the conversion, but we suggest to start from scratch new pages/post/portfolio content!...
How to get Free Sereno Upgrades ?
Under Appearance -> Sereno Upgrades!
- You will need your Username (the same username you used to buy Sereno) - Secret Api Key (that you can generate on Themeforest.net under Profile-> My Settings-> API Keys once you sign in)
Did you get style.css stylesheet not found?
You are uploading the wrong folder!
1) Unzip the main folder downloaded from Themeforest
2) Upload the sereno.zip folder
Did you get Timeout error importing XML data file?
Reload the page without re-doing all the process.
Some servers have a very low timeout set or are not that powerful.
How to change little text/description under Menus ?
1) Goto Appearance-> Menus
2) On the top right of the page there’s a “Screen Options” that you can click and it will expand.
3) Activate Description under “Show advanced menu properties”
Now you will be able to change the little description under any menu...
WHY IS TWITTER WIDGET NOT WORKING ANYMORE ??
Make sure you have the latest Sereno version!...if not, upgrade for free…
- Register your Application on https://dev.twitter.com/apps To register an application on twitter follow this steps:
- open https://dev.twitter.com/apps and login with your username and password
- Move your mouse over the top right where you see your username and choose from the opened options My Applications
- click on Create a new application
- fill the required fields and create your application
- Now you will see the OAuth Settings. You will need the Consumer Key and the Consumer secret - You will need an access token too!... which you can create by clicking on Create my access token
- after the page reloads you should see Your access token
Place the username, consumer key, consumer secret, Access token and Access token secret on the twitter widget or shortcode as pleased…..you’re ready to go!!!
We can provide a faster support from our SUPPORT FORUM
HOW DOES BREADCRUMBS WORK??
Breadcrumbs will follow this logic:
There are different Default breadcrumbs for Pages / Blog / Portfolio and Footer.
1. By Default will display what’s specified under Appearance->Sereno Settings / Breadcrumbs
2. Default breadcrumbs can be hidden in any post/page/project. This can be achieved when editing by setting “Hide Default Breadcrumb” on the SETTINGS Metabox on your right sidebars.
3. Breadcrumbs can be personalized in any post/page/project. This can be achieve when editing by using one of the five AREAS and choosing “Position relative to the content” as Breadcrumb.
Finally, you can use the
[breadcrumb separator=" // "] [/breadcrumb] shortcode to display the walker if needed.
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using the Marketplaces you should come straight to Envato Support.