Responsive premium WordPress themeThank you for choosing CosmoThemes and purchasing one of our Premium WordPress Themes – your choice is greatly appreciated!
Serpent is a responsive social network WordPress theme build to power sites with multiple users and provide community content sharing.
Responsive themeSerpent is a responsive theme. It uses a framework that permits the site to be accessed on all mobile devices, including iPad and Android powered tablets.
Mobile-phone layout is also included. You can now view your site even on display resolutions as 320×480 wide.
”Like” user-submitted postsEnable the “Like” feature to let users easily access faved posts and raise their rating. When a certain post reaches the limit of 50 likes it will become hot. The like limit can be changed from backend while the number of likes for all posts can be randomly generated.
Built-in lightbox login and registrationLet your users login or register without leaving the page. The built-in eye-candy AJAX form will pop-up when trying to enter site’s prohibited areas, such as “Add a new post” or “View NSFW posts”. Users can also register/login to your site using their Facebook accounts.
Navigate using keyboard keysUse keyboard’s J, K, L, C, V and R keys for different actions on your site: scroll to next post, scroll to previous post, love a post, comment post, view post or display a random post. These keys combination are now working on post page as well.
Front end submittingLet your registered users upload posts directly from front-end. The front-end submitting permits users to choose their post format: image, video, audio, text and attachment. Each and every single format can be enabled or disabled.
User profile pageEvery registered user can edit his profile from his personal account page which now offers avatar upload, password change and other personal data edit.
Mainpage formatSet your blog mainpage to display either Featured or Fresh posts, or both. Mainpage is also available as a static page.
Tooltip helpersEver wondered how to tell your users of a specific feature or important message on your site? You can now achieve this with theme’s built-in tooltip manager. You can use it on every single page on your site being able to add an infinite number of such hints.
Human timeEnable human-time to let users know when the post was added. Switch back to the native WordPress time format from settings.
Facebook and default commentsYou can either enable the default comment system or opt for the Facebook comments.
Add your Facebook application ID so you can moderate comments.
Multiple slide-showsYou can create an unlimited number of slideshows and define different ones for desired pages or posts.
Sidebars and widgetsThe site uses unlimited sidebars for you to be able to insert as many widgets as you need to get the most of your theme: Categories with icons, Content tabber (hot posts, new, comments, tags), Flickr, Twitter, Latest posts, Social media, Top authors, Submit content.
Select a different layout for each of your posts: containing a left sidebar, a right sidebar or displayed full-width.
Social media readyAll posts have built-in social-media share buttons that users can click and promote any content of your web-site. Enable or Disable them for any particular post or page.
Powerful backendSerpent comes with a revised powerful back-end to let you control all sites option without the need to hack or customize your own features.
Other featuresThe theme also uses built-in breadcrumbs, dropdown menus, image resizing, 100+ shortcodes, built-in related posts and social-media sharing, and comes with an extensive documentation to help you get started.
Support:If you happen to face some difficulties with this theme, consider to use our support which is conducted through the CosmoThemes support forums: http://cosmothemes.com/forums
Support for all the themes will be available only at the support forum and by opening tickets in our Support Ticketing System.
version 1.0 (August 2, 2013)
- WoprdPress 3.6 compatibility fixes
version 0.9 (July 10, 2013)
- removed a input name from search form to get rid of a useless parameter in the url
- removed unused js (conflict)
- used user display name instead of user login in the user menu
- fixed featured image bug for video posts
- fixed import/export issue
- fixed slideshow not showing on static pages
- fixed featured image re-sizing
- fixed notices and deprecated functions
- fixed some jQuery Migrate deprecated functions
- fixed pattern.paper.png error
- updated twitter widget to be compatible with API 1.1
version 0.8 (January 3, 2013)
- simple modal login fix
- updated jqueryScrollTo to be compatible with the latest jquery version
- chrome frame fix for IE10
version 0.7 (December 14, 2012)
- replaced deprecated functionality in user_profile_update.php
- changed doctype to HTML
- fixed JS error
- css fixes in theme settings
version 0.6 (September 13, 2012)
- fixed google analytics bug
version 0.5 (August 20, 2012)
- changed FB.Canvas.setAutoResize to FB.Canvas.setAutoGrow
- removed facebook “Share”
- removed duplicate wp_head
- fb connect issue
- set default values in backend settings
- added Import/export in theme settings
- import/export via json fix for settings
- Facebook connect fix
version 0.4 (July 12, 2012)
- added styles for image alignment in the post content
- fixed bug with stripes in single post and page
- fixed large viewport setting for slideshow
version 0.3 (July 09, 2012)
- fixed layout when viewing on mobile device
- fixed error activation of the theme in Wordpress 3.3
version 0.2 (July 04, 2012)
- added option to hide featured image on archive pages
- added option to choose categories for front-end submitting
- changed several backend labels to avoid add-block issues.