Sideways 2, a premium photography and creative portfolio WordPress theme. It is the follow up to the best selling Sideways Portfolio Website WordPress Theme. The theme features a unique combination of responsive fullscreen and horizontal layouts, clean contemporary design and elegant typography.
The theme has been designed around ease of use. The theme and template options are concise and clearly labeled with descriptions explaining exactly what they do. There are also no excessive meta boxes on the page edit screen for adding featured content such as video embeds. Instead just copy the video url (from an oEmbed provider supported by WordPress) into the page content area and the theme will do the rest via oEmbed.
If you encounter a bug in the theme or have any pre purchase questions you can get support by posting your issue or question on the item’s comments page. When posting responses to your original post please use the “reply” button on your original post so your conversation is threaded. This makes it easier to follow.
What Buyers Say…
Simply fantastic! After the last update I can honestly say this is THE BEST THEM I HAVE EVER USED!
The images look amazing in fullscreen now! The homepage fullscreen template looks stunning upon entering my site!
Its perfect!!! I just rated it 5 STARS!
Thank you so much!!!
Your theme is awesome! The UX and UI are exactly what i was looking for! This is the most perfect portfolio for any artist of any discipline.
Full Feature List
- Clean design puts the focus on your content
- Unique fullscreen horizontal scrolling layouts
- Galleries and portfolio support landscape and portrait images
- Fullscreen backgrounds for pages, and portfolio items
- Flexible page templates
- 8 Page Templates
- 2 Portfolio Layouts (+ variations)
- 5 Portfolio Item Formats
- All 10 post formats supported (Aside, Audio, Chat, Gallery, Image, Link, Standard, Quote, Status, Video)
- Built in 404 page
- Image Exif meta data
- Cropped or uncropped image options for portfolio layouts
- WP Customizer compatible theme options
- jQuery site preloader
- Unique fullscreen and fully responsive navigation menu
- Fully Responsive Layout (which can be disabled with one click)
- Funky Shortcodes plugin included with shortcode generator buttons.
- Dark & Light colour schemes with mix and match elements, selectable in the theme options
- Unlimited colour options for accent colours (links, buttons, etc)
- Retina Ready. No image files used in the design.
- Unlimited portfolios
- Facebook, Twitter, Google+ share links on portfolio items
- Unbranded theme and template options
- Translation Ready. Includes .mo/.po files for translation
- Valid & cross browser compatible HTML5 & CSS3 (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, IE8, IE9, IE10)
- Child theme compatible
- Includes a skeleton child theme
- WordPress multisite compatible
- Image or text site logo
- Touch swipe gesture compatible galleries
- Separate desktop and mobile logo image options
- Threaded comments
- Portfolio item share links (Facebook, Twitter, Google+)
- CSS and jQuery animations
- Widget ready sidebar
- Social icons in navigation menu
- Custom Apple touch icons options
- Custom favicon option
- Built-in contact form with honey pot spam protection
- Support for WordPress Custom Menus
- Extensive documentation (2,000+ words)
- Fast support via item comments section
- Live preview content XML included (images not included)
Version 1.5.4 – 19 December 2013
- Fix for [portfolio] shortcode hover when used on portfolio item page
- WordPress 3.8 compatiblity
Version 1.5.3 – 19 November 2013
- Fixed hide title option hiding all content on page-fullscreen-image
- Made horizontal scrollbar always visible
- Adjusted for better swipe scrolling on touch devices
- Updated portfolio content toggle function
- Increased image portfolio max dimensions
- Corrected depreciated parameter in related posts loop
- Increased scrollbar height
- Replaced scroll indicator with scroll buttons
- Adjusted related posts CSS on single.php
Version 1.5.2 – 05 November 2013
- Fixed hide title option on Fullscreen Image template
- Disabled portfolio hover effect on responsive layout to improve touch swipe scrolling
Version 1.5.1 – 29 October 2013
- Updated .mo/.po files
Version 1.5 – 29 October 2013
- Adjusted social network button margin
- Fixed jQuery scrollbar duplication bug
- Changed highlight colour
- Added Preloader
- Updated child theme
- Fixed portfolio grid resizing
- Fixed all PHP Notices
- Fullscreen Image template slideshow now uses backstretch instead of Flexslider
- Remove facebook Open Graph (use a dedicated plugin instead)
- All theme options can now be modified via the WP Customizer
- Moved contact form code to top of contact form template
Version 1.4.7 – 19 August 2013
- Mobile navigation CSS fix
- Scroll indicator only displays after page load and scrolling is possible
Version 1.4.6 – 16 August 2013
- Adjusted slider on responsive layout
Version 1.4.5 – 15 August 2013
- Tweaks to slider image resizing script
Version 1.4 – 14 August 2013
- Added scroll bar to navigation menu
- Fixed slider image resizing bug
Version 1.3 – 12 August 2013
- Back to top button on mobile
- Tweak [gallery] CSS.
- WP3.6 compatibility
- Native audio and video support
Version 1.2.5 – 15 Juy 2013
- Fixed social network links in navigation menu not working.
- Reordered social network options in theme options to match order in navigiaton menu.
Version 1.2 – 09 July 2013
- Fixed logo border on light content area.
- Added share buttons to posts and image single page.
- Added scroll right indicator on horizontal layouts.
- Page-fullscreen-image.php overlay alpha changed to black
- Re-added default page options to fullscreen image template
- Added overlay opacity option for Fullscreen image template.
- Corrected image height on uncropped horizontal layouts.
- Portfolio content toggle state is now retained when switching from dekstop to mobile and back to desktop layout.
- CSS tweaks
- Updated .po/.mo files
Version 1.1 – 04 July 2013
- Corrected portfolio item dashboard image dimensions.
- Change site logo to absolute positioning.
- Fixed bug causing Accent Text default colour to not be output.
- Fixed Exif data not displaying.
Version 1.0 – 04 July 2013
- Initial release.