Sideways is a portfolio theme that offers both horizontal and grid layouts. It incorporates eye catching full screen background images that scale to fit all resolutions and window sizes as well as strong and elegant typography and design.
Theme requires PHP5 .
If you encounter a bug in the theme or have any pre purchase questions you can get support by posting your issue or question on the item’s comments page. When posting responses to your original post please use the “reply” button on your original post so your conversation is threaded. This makes it easier to follow.
Any support questions sent via email will not be answered.
What buyers say…
this theme is perfect I get so much compliments on what I did it with, it has really taken my brand a step further.
This is a great theme with amazing documentation! It was very easy to install and modify. Thank you for building it so meticulously!
EugeneO, you rock. This theme is brilliant… you should make the next update delete everyone elses domain registration so that I’m the only one with this.
Hello Eugene! Deeply thank you for this wonderful piece of work. I’ve used on one my client’s websites. It worked perfectly from all points of view, I’ve easily customized everything. So thank you and keep up the beautiful work, I’ll be watching you .
Hi Eugeneo! This is awesome work!
This is extremely fun to work with.
great great template, again.
- Full screen background slideshow NEW
- Unique Horizontal scrolling layouts
- Horizontal galleries support portrait and landscape images.
- Horizontally scroll via mouse wheel.
- Valid & cross browser compatible HTML5
- Fullscreen background images. Set a different background for each page
- Support for screen resolutions from 1024px X 600px (on CSS3 compatible browsers)
- PrettyPhoto Lightbox
- Working AJAX / PHP contact form with basic spam protection
- Flexible page templates
- 2 portfolio index templates
- 3 Portfolio Item templates
- Horizontal scrolling blog, archive and search results templates
- Vertical (traditional) blog, archive and search results page layouts
- Contact Form
- 20+ shortcodes including YouTube and Vimeo video thumbnail links
- Visual Editor shortcode buttons
- Support for WP3 .0 custom nav menus
- Custom widgets
- Twitter Feed
- Recent Posts
- Popular Posts (by page views)
- Social Network Buttons
- Detailed Documentation
- Includes .po and .mo files for translation
- Unlimited sidebars
- Improved tabbed Theme Options Page with colour picker
- Built in theme and template options
- Portfolio custom post type
Live preview photography by Mark J. Sebastian via Flickr.
Version 1.8.8 – 20 June 2012
- Fix for WordPress 3.4 template name bug
Version 1.8.7 – 19 March 2012
- Updated prettyPhoto selectors.
Version 1.8.6 – 16 March 2012
- Updated to prettyPhoto 3.1.4 with IE9 fix
- Changed lightbox galleries to use post ID as gallery ID which allows linking to lightbox images.
Version 1.8.5 – 15 March 2012
- Fixed typo on portfolio templates preventing filters from showing.
Version 1.8.4 – 13 March 2012
- Disabled lightbox social tools to fix IE9 bug
- Fixed input field height in Raw Options panel.
Version 1.8.2 – 06 March 2012
- IE7 /8 @font-face fix
- Separated IE7 /8 stylesheets
Version 1.8.1 – 24 February 2012
- Horizontal portfolio pagination fix.
- Support for non-latin characters in jQuery portfolio filtering.
- revised grid and horizontal portfolio template code.
Version 1.8 – 2 January 2012
- Fixed bug causing background to not display if using image from URL .
Version 1.7.9 – 14 December 2011
- Fixed lightbox not opening for [gallery] shortcode images in WordPress 3.3.
- Reverted to backstretch jQuery plugin for full screen backgrounds.
- Small tweak to improve horizontal layout on mobile devices.
Version 1.7.8 – 17 November 2011
- Corrected error on search results page.
- Removed unnecessary space from search query.
Version 1.7.7 – 24 October 2011
- Added some missing translations.
- Updated font files.
- Reduced database queries.
- Moved wp_footer hook to inside footer instead of at absolute end of page.
Version 1.7.6 – 28 July 2011
- Fix for IE7 TinyMCE bug.
Version 1.7.5 – 22 July 2011
- Fixed IE9 twitter widget bug.
- Reworked shortcode TinyMCE button code.
- Added Google+ social button and option.
- Updated language .po file.
Version 1.7.1 – 23 June 2011
- PrettyPhoto bug fix and file updates.
Version 1.7 – 22 June 2011
Version 1.6.2 – 22 May 2011
- Updated prettyPhoto jQuery plugin. (/js/jquery.prettyphoto.js)
- Fixed IE7 background bug. (background.php, footer.php, footer-fixed.php, header.php, header-horizontal.php)
Version 1.6.1 – 16 May 2011
If you are updating to this version you will need to regenerate all thumbnails.
- Fixed bug causing blog background not to appear when Blog Background is used in theme options.
- Header social button but is now hidden when none of the individual social buttons are set to display.
- Removed expand button from lightbox due to not being able to scroll the image when on a horizontal layout.
- Portfolio gallery now supports portrait images.
Version 1.6 – 10 May 2011
- Added slideshow backgrounds.
- Updated language file (.po).
- Added post class to single.php.
- Removed redundant stylesheet function.
- Feartured image no longer cropped on vertical archives and single.php.
- Portfolio code tweaked to prevent error when portfolio item is not give a portfolio category.
Version 1.5.5 – 15 April 2011
- Fix for template options not saving in WP3 .1.1 (/raw_framework/raw_panel/raw_panel.php)
Version 1.5.4 – 12 April 2011
- Gravatar size fixed.
- Added sidebar descriptions.
- Smilies CSS fix.
- Moved page content up to line with navigation.
- Re-centered page on all CSS3 compatible browsers (not IE7 -8 ).
Version 1.5.3 – 22 March 2011
- Fixed code causing PHP notices.
- Layout is no longer centered to prevent nav bar overlapping content on small resolutions.
- Small CSS tweaks.
- IE portfolio grid CSS fixes.
Version 1.5.1 – 01 March 2011If upgrading from an earlier version of the theme please read the included IMPORTANT text document
- Fixed pages not displaying in 3.0.
- Added comments form to pages.
Version 1.5 – 27 February 2011
- WordPress 3.1 compatibility.
- Rewrote portfolio filtering to use category slugs instead of names.
- Removed admin bar.
- Fixed custom widgets number of posts.
- Added new contact details widget.
- Rewrote contact form code.
- Tweaked title meta on home page.
- Rewrote twitter widget.
- Updated documentation.
- Updated language .po file.
- Applied low res fix to larger resolution width.
Version 1.4.1 – 20 February 2011
- Fix for Portfolio Grid jQuery filtering bug.
Version 1.4 – 19 February 2011
- Added option to change blog, search results, archive and 404 page backgrounds in theme option menu.
- Added option to disable lightbox gallery thumbnail overlay.
- Removed table from page structure.
- Archive title bug fix.
- Fix for bug causing lightbox images to duplicate.
- Minor CSS tweaks.
- Language files updated.</lii>
- Removed redundant colour option from theme options.
- Tweaked comment pagination.
- Fixed HTML tag typo.
Version 1.3.5 – 14 February 2011
- Optimized session code
- Added styling for list items in text widget
- Fixed highlight TinyMCE button
- Minor CSS fixes
- Reverted to old contact form code
- Fixed loading animation gif
Version 1.3.4 – 11 February 2011
- Added image descriptions to lightbox.
- Corrected portfolio item ordering on portfolio index pages.
- Updated search results page templates.
Version 1.3.3 – 04 February 2011
- Added Calendar widget styling.
- Added missing video title link on horizontal portfolio template.
- Switched Video content for video excerpt on archive template.
- Replaced League Gothic font with League Gothic Extended to support extended latin letters
- Fixed search widget css.
- Fixed sidebar form element styling.
Version 1.3.2 – 30 January 2011
- Added support for unlimited portfolios via portfolio category filtering.
- Changed default background colour to black.
- Changed @media to use max-width instead of max-device-width so small screen fix works on window resize.
Version 1.3.1 – 26 January 2011
- Added post option to hide Featured Image.
- Added comments to portfolio items.
- Altered code to display lightbox gallery images in the correct order.
- Fixed submit button hover state.
- Removed broken compatibility for PHP4 .
Version 1.3 – 22 January 2011
- Added form elements default styling.
- Added support for screen resolutions down to 1024px X 600px
- Fixed bug causing blog and archive pages to inherit first post’s background.
- Improved @font-face implementation.
Version 1.2 – 17 January 2011
- Added ability to scroll horizontally using mouse wheel.
Version 1.1.3 – 16 January 2011
- Fixed TinyMCE shortcode buttons bug.
- Fixed TinyMCE popup window titles.
- Fixed pagination not working on grid portfolio template.
- Added default blog layout to prevent mistaken error when no layout it selected in theme options.
- Fixed Apple bookmark typo bug.
- Made theme PHP4 compatible (I think).
Version 1.1.2 – 15 January 2011
- Social menu “contact us” button bug fix.
Version 1.1.1 – 14 January 2011
- Minor bug fix.
Version 1.1 – 13 January 2011
- Fixed navigation menu css bug.
- Fixed IE7 CSS bugs.
- Added vertical blog, archive and search results page layouts and theme option.
- Added missing smoothscroll.js file.
- Fixed comment section title css bug.
- Removed lazyload jQuery plugin.
Version 1.0 – 11 January 2011
- Initial release.