This author's response time can be up to 2 business days.
Hi shelia, on page edit screen, on the right, find a Page Attributes box and select Page Composer from Template dropdown.
A couple of questions before the purchase:
1) Is there an easy way not to show the big featured image on the single post page of a standard post? Or to adapt it’s size to the main column instead of full width?
2) Is there an easy way not to show the slider on the homepage?
3) Is it possible in the theme options to add a logo/image in the header and/or to make the website name and description invisible?
Hi Freddy, thank you for your interest in our theme.
1. Yes, it’s possible to change the media position on the single post. You can show it full width or above the content site wide. Starting from version 2.0 (coming soon) it will be possible to make this action in each post individually or site wide.
2. Theme comes with Page Compose. It let you decide what you want to show on the homepage.
3. You can add your logo and hide the blog description.
Thank you very much for the fast reply!
May I ask if it is possible to include social plugins such as my Facebook plugin and instagram feed to the homepage? E.g. as a fixed right-hand sidebar on the homepage, next to the featured post.
Or at least starting from the rows below the featured post.
Hi sharonlourdes, yes you can add this widgets to sidebar. There several sidebars that theme comes with.
I am having an issue with displaying the latest posts with a static frontpage. When going to any of the pagination links for /page/2/ the url redirects back to the original URL.
however when using ?page=2 this works fine.
Can you register on our support forum and provide us dashboard login details via private message?
We will check out the problem.
All sorted and resolved – Great support Thanks
I really love your theme. Is there a way for the menu on the homepage to drag along if the user scrolls down, like floating menu?
Hi kikeda, sorry, but there in option of floating menu.
I love many aspects of this theme but I have a few quick questions (or at least I hope they’re quick):
1) I see that you can create full-width page layouts, which is great, but I’d very much like to create full width posts as well. I’ve been able to accomplish this using plugins in the past, but this theme does not use a “full-width” page template but rather seems to allow the sidebar to be turned on or off in the settings. Is it possible to add this on or off sidebar option to posts? Any recommendations on how I could go about doing that?
2) A more minor issue but I was also wondering if it’s possible to not have page titles display when using the default template.
3) Finally, is there some way to use composer elements in the default template on pages? I would like to mix composer elements in with text and images on the page. Is this possible?
Thank you for your time,
3) Is it possible to reverse the post slider navigation arrows? It feels counter-intuitive to me to have to click the left arrow to make the slide go forward and the right arrow to go back. No big deal if it isn’t, I’m sure people would adjust, but it’s just not what I’m used to.
4) Finally, is there some way to use composer elements in the default template on pages? I would like to mix composer elements in with text and images on the page. Is this possible?
Thank you so much for your time,
Hi jboeke, thank you for buying our theme. For support questions please register at our support forum. There is a chance that some of your question were answered already.
Having a hard time installing my theme I just purchased on my site, NYCLOUT.COM. The screen goes all white and doesn’t allow me to view anything until I un-install the theme.
Hi promonoe, thank you for buying our theme. You have to unpack the downloaded file, then you’ll find Theme Files folder and this is where the theme (simplemag.zip) is located.
I am creating a post using HORIZONTAL TABS, I used the small window to generate shorcode but when I previewed it, the layout does not look like the one in the demo. Did I miss something? And how do I post a video and insert it in one of the tabs?
Hi aspenextreme, please register at our support forum. Send us your site URL and screenshots of how you see the shortcodes in the editor.
any scheduled updates to this theme coming soon?
Hi mswalehe, yes, version 2.0 is coming soon.
I think to buy it tomorrow. is one of the best theme that i ever seen on TF.
Just one question , mixcloud is also avaiable like soundcloud?
Hi dibbellas. yes you can embed mixcloud tracks just with page url, but please note that the whole playlist will be embedded and not just a current song like in a case with soundcloud.
Great work designing this template. I am a novice at setting up websites but I was wondering is it possible to to make an author page with your theme? Also, Is it possible to add pictures with the testimonials?
Hi Mdyson, author page is exists with all author posts, please see the demo. Testimonials is not a built-in option, but you can use a plugin to create it.
Thanks for your reply. I’m sorry but I meant an ABOUT ME page, not an author page.
Hi Mdyson, sure, you can create about me page using regular static page and maybe using shortcodes.
Hi, I was able to use a background plugin to add background images to your site if I want them.. Through custom css, was able to take out the dates.
I still cant’ seem to join support.
I was wondering, this is more like a feature request, if you are famliar with the new obox mag theme….they are able to feature video on their slider. It would be great to have a video featured on your slider that one could play without going to the next page unless they want to after the video. It would also be great to have a cover image from the photo gallery layered over the video.
Speaking of video, the video format page seems to give me larger than normal videos, how can I adjust the sizes.
I had some photo gallery issues but some of that went away after turning all of my plugins off and then back on…maybe due to a recent WP udpate.
Love the theme, would love to be able to have a bit more flexibility with a playable video if possible in the homepage slider, is there a way to do that easily with some code?
Have you tested any facebook comments plugins?
Hi healthymike, we do not plan to add video to the slider, maybe you can ask a developer to help you with this. We have not tested Facebook comments plugins, but if you install such plugin it should work and replace the WP comments with Facebook comments.
I have problems with page composer. I can’t edit homepage, I have deleted to make it back but still dating the same even if you have deleted.
It has a solution?
Hi GarajeGrafico, it’s a folders permissions issue. Can you change the permissions your self? If not please register at our support forum and send us login details to your dashboard and your FTP details: server, user and password.
I’m about to puchase the theme, looks really cool and I’m going to use the site as a life-style blog but please help me with these:
1) Am I able to make the slider smaller? And also some of the pics on the detail pages? They look huge, and I might have some quality problems if they’re stable.
2) Can I put everything I like on the home page (let’s think like 1st half of the page) and the rest looks like a regular blog, with photos and texts? Is that possible?
Thanks by now.
Hi esras, thank you for your interest in our theme. Everything you asked will be possible after we upload version . It will be available in a few days.
Thanks for ur super quick answer. I’ll be waiting the great version to purchase it.
Hey, do I need to wait longer? When is the update gonna happen? Thanks.
Having a problem getting my Mega Menu to work. Any help?
Hi promonoe, what the problem is? Have you visited our support forum? You might find an answer there.
I’m really interested in this theme but I have a concern.
I see that the author’s name shows up way at the bottom. Is there a way to show it at the top as well such as “By John Doe” or just “John Doe”, beside the date perhaps?
Also, I would like my readers to see the author’s name on the homepage as well before they click on the article. Is that possible?
If these settings are possible. Can I see a working example of this?
I would highly appreciate it.
Hi straightpath, thank you for your interest in our theme. Currently there is an option in Theme Options to show/hide the author’s name under the title of each post and every single post near the category name. After we release version 2.0, we will update the demo.
I have a problem with inserting images in post format gallery. It shows them in the blog post, but it gives an error above (as seen on this picture): http://shrani.si/f/Y/k4/4PcNw46X/slika-error.jpg
How to fix that?
Hi anzef, please read this respond on our support forum http://www.themesindep.com/support/forums/reply/reply-to-gallery-posts-not-working/#respond
Not sure I can figure out how to ad a 728×90 ad banner above or below my site logo… using the “add banner js” tool doesn’t seem to work… any ideas? thanks.
Hi soxfiend2004, lets keep this questions in the support forum please.
Awesome Theme!!! As the V2.0 coming soon, it would possible to compatible for bbpress and buddypress?
It’s quite vital to my next project.
Thank you for your time.
Hi chenkan, thank you for your feedback. You can install these plugins and the functionality will work, but we don’t provide the styling and customization.
Great! so when will be 2.0 release? smashing by those new features
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $23.60
This item was featured on ThemeForest