An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Author support for this item
The author of this item, cadoo, will respond to buyers’ questions and provide limited support through the following contact form.
Additional information from cadoo:
- Responding to questions or problems regarding the item and its features
- Fixing bugs and reported issues
- Customization and installation services
- Support for third party software and plug-ins
Please sign in to contact this author.
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to make blog post?
- Go to Posts > Add New
- Fill the title, content and excerpt. Excerpt is optional but it’s good if you take some time to fill it because it is used for META tags and improves SEO of your website.
- Blog category and any children Blog categories if you have created them and then publish.
How to make portfolio post?
- Go to Posts > Add New
- Fill the title, content and excerpt. Excerpt is always needed for portfolio items!
- Upload images that you want to use in portfolio post.
- After upload is finished, click Show on right of the image title.
- Click on Use as thumbnail and then on Save all changes button
- There is a Portfolio Post Options box in the upper right corner of the post screen which you can use for displaying project information. The information you type here is displayed in the portfolio posts archive view and in the single portfolio post view sidebar.
- Finish the post, select category and then publish. Tags are not needed for portfolio items.
How to change default logo?
You will probably change logo after installation so all you need to do is to replace sb_logo.png image that is in images folder of Small Business Theme. Image dimensions are: width 342px and height 131px. Remember to save it with alpha transparency.
NOTE: There is a sb_logo.psd file in the archive that comes with your download. Use it to easily change logo.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets
- Small Business Theme comes with 3 sidebars: sidebar, portfolio and pages. Sidebar with name “sidebar” is displayed in Blog section. Portfolio sidebar is displayed when user is looking at single portfolio post. Pages sidebar is displayed when user is looking at page post. Also, it comes with 5 additional widgets that are needed for optimal functioning of the theme: SB Blog Categories, SB Recent Posts, SB Portfolio Categories, SB Similar Projects and SB Latest Projects.
- Suggested settings (drag and drop widgets from the left to the appropriate right sidebar):
- Sidebar: SB Blog Categories, SB Recent Posts
- Portfolio Sidebar: SB Portfolio Categories, SB Similar Projects
- Pages Sidebar: SB Latest Projects
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Envato Support.