SmartMag is a modern, clean, responsive and retina-ready (HD) WordPress theme suitable for magazines, newspapers, review sites, or blogs.
SmartMag not only excels at front-end usability, the admin back-end is very easy to use. The drag & drop page builder makes it easy to create unique and creative homepages. Having built-in support for SEO using rich snippets and HTML5, your site will rank better in search engines. Make your content more appealing, engaging and usable. Get SmartMag today and be setup in minutes!
- SEO Optimized: Rich snippets for breadcrumbs and reviews are built-in. Further SEO enhancements available using WordPress SEO by Yoast.
- Fully Responsive: All elements are responsive.
- bbPress Fully Integrated: Get a beautiful Forum running on your newspaper, blog or magazine site.
- Page Builder: Use any of the 11 page-builder widgets and 6 block styles to create your homepage or any other page.
- Multiple Layouts: Posts, Pages, and Categories can be configured to use a full-width layout or have a right sidebar (Custom Sidebars are supported).
- Flexible Customization: A light color scheme included! Use the pre-made style or change colors / typography in options panel to create your own style. Custom CSS also supported for advanced users.
- Flexible Options: unlimited colors and typography customizations.
- Retina Ready (HD): All the theme graphics scale beautifully on hi-def screens.
- RTL (right-to-left) supported and auto-activated when WordPress is configured to use an RTL language. Translation ready and WPML supported.
- Responsive Google Adsense is supported using the default Google Adsense smart sizing code without any modifications.
- Unbranded Admin Panel that’s easy to use and have amazing number of options and settings.
- Utilizes the power of HTML5 & CSS3.
- Multiple Listing Layouts: (for categories or page-builder/homepage)
- Multiple Homepage Blocks: News Focus, Highlights, 3 Column Higlights Variation (shown on demo homepage). You can also use the category listing layouts and 11 other widgets to further spice up the homepage.
- Unique Mega Menus: There are two unique mega menus for different needs as can be seen on the demo homepage.
- Integrated Review System: (GUI criteria/review creator)
- 600+ Google Web Fonts are supported.
- Multiple Post Formats: Standard, Image, Gallery, Audio, Video.
- Cross-browser Compatible: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer 8+.
- Custom Widgets: (default widgets well-supported)
- Flickr Photos Widget
- Recent Tabs – An advanced widget that let’s you add “Popular Posts”, “Recent Posts”, “Top Reviews”, or latest posts from specific category in tabs.
- Recent Posts Widget
- Popular Posts Widget
- Latest Reviews Widget
- Advertisement Widget
- “About” Widget
- Many more widgets for advanced users using simple shortcodes.
- Advanced Category Features:
- Set a category color that will be used in menu and category labels.
- Set a background image to be used on a specific category (for boxed layout).
- Use any of the 3 Listing Styles. Modern, Blog, or Timeline.
- Enable a featured slider to be shown for a specific category.
- Enable the right sidebar or select full-width layout.
- GUI Shortcode Generator – all the commonly used shortcodes available via a visual interface.
- Tons of Useful Shortcodes – tabs, accordions, typography, dropcaps, buttons, columns, lists, and many more layout related shortcodes.
- A modern block-based Featured Slider that can also be used for categories.
- Post Layouts:
- Multiple Page Templates included:
- Full-width Example
- Site Map Page
- 404 Error Page
- Single Author Page
- Contributors/Authors List Page
- Ads Support – easily add ads in header, in between blocks on homepage (using page-builder), side-bar, or footer.
- Built-in Trending News Ticker makes it a better news and magazine theme.
- Child Themes supported for more advanced customizations.
- And much more.
Need Asisstance? Get In Touch!
If you ever get stuck with setting up SmartMag with your WordPress installation, you can get in touch with our friendly and dedicated support via our Support Forums.
Support is available between 12:00pm – 11:00pm GMT +0:00 / UTC.
- Demo Images (Not Included): (flickr CC-BY-2.0) Yasser Alghofily, Daniel Zedda, Jonathan Kos-Read, Alejandro Pinto, Jim H., Luis Hernandez, William Cho, Lucas Zallio, Mark Sebastian, Lies Thru a Lens.
- jQuery Tipsy
- jQuery Easing
- SiteOrigin Panels (forked)
Note: The images used in the demo are for demo purposes only. They are NOT included in the theme or the sample XML data.
New Features, Updates & Changelog
Read before updating: Update Instructions
March 13, 2014 – 1.5.2
- FEATURE: Global color support for categories. Site's main color will change for a category and its posts. - FEATURE: Advanced Custom Taxonomy support in Homepage blocks and Archives. - FEATURE: Limit by category on Bunyad Recent Posts widget. - Improved: Custom taxonomies handling on single post page and archives. - Improved: Long menus in Firefox. - Improved: Portrait view on android. - Improved: prettyPhoto / lightbox is disabled for usability on mobile devices. - Improved: Translation contexts and some string issues. - Improved: Tag cloud widget styling. - Fixed: Pagination issue on classic home page - Fixed: Recent tabs widget heading color not updating. - Fixed: Attachment links being loaded in lightbox. Plugins to delete/re-install: (after theme update) Bunyad Widgets Files Changed: http://theme-sphere.com/forums/topic/smartmag-files-changelog/#version-152
Feb 28, 2014 – 1.5.1
- FEATURE: Disable featured area (image/video/gallery) per post. - Added: Category description can now be displayed on category listing - shortcodes work too. - Added: Two new styling and typography options relating to excerpts. - Added: Pagination to authors page template. - Improved: Navigation on light skin. - Improved: Recent tabs widget now handles non-latin languages. - Improved: In-post captions better styled. - Improved: Bg images in boxed mode now work better on mobile devices. - Fixed: Search results pagination with special chars. - Fixed: Posts limit on highlights block. - Fixed: Slider height in boxed mode on 480px smartphones. - Fixed: Chrome 33 issue with FitVids.js text rendering. - Fixed: Embed shortcode issue in Text widget of Pagebuilder. - Fixed: Right side slider category limit gets reset. - Fixed: Post gallery relying on global post per page setting. - And 9 more minor improvements and changes. Plugins to delete/re-install: Bunyad Widgets, Page Builder Files Changed: http://theme-sphere.com/forums/topic/smartmag-files-changelog/#version-151
Feb 19, 2014 – 1.5.0
Feb 13, 2014 – 1.1.0
- FEATURE: All Page Builder blocks now have tag support - not just categories. UNIQUE! - FEATURE: Sorting options in Page Builder blocks: date, modified date, random - latest/ oldest first. - FEATURE: Article Schema fully implemented to homepage, single post, & listings. - FEATURE: Google Authorship support is now built-in when a gplus+ link is set in author profile. - FEATURE: Multiple highlight posts (big blocks) supported for News Focus Block. - FEATURE: Custom background image support for Pages and Posts in boxed mode. - FEATURE: Latest gallery block can now be limited to a category or tag. Also inclues a bug fix. - FEATURE: Option to show latest posts in the slider instead of manually marking featured posts. - FEATURE: Use a category or a tag for showing posts on the right side 3-posts grid of slider. - FEATURE: Recent Tabs widget now supports limiting by tags instead of just categories. Improved usability as well. - Improved: Added options to add custom header (</head>) and footer code (). - Improved: Added styling for more social icons (instagram, youtube, tumblr, google+). - Improved: Handling for custom post types in breadcrumbs. - Improved: Trending news ticker now uses ellipsis for long titles. - Improved: Child themes can now override framework and page-builder blocks too. - Improved: Removed hentry microformat rich snippet and replaced with schema.org Article. - Fixed: OS X Chrome having issues with whitespaces in comment count. - Fixed: Dropcaps no longer have a character missing on home-page when using auto-excerpt. - Fixed: Change highlight color when theme color changes. - Fixed: Menu links in top-bar are now fully responsive. - Fixed: Issue with category having white background in boxed mode unless a category image is set. - Fixed: Image Logo is aligned vertically centered now by default regardless of white-spacing in image. - Fixed: Custom CSS/colors not applying when a plugin causes functions.php to load twice. - Fixed: 8 more minor bug fixes and improvements in CSS, sample data, and widgets. - Added: A child theme example. Plugins to delete/re-install: Bunyad Widgets, Page Builder, Bunyad Shortcodes
Feb 9, 2014 – 1.0.5
Added: Top bar menu support is built-in now. No more Custom CSS. Fixed: WordPress category widget styling issue in hierarchical view with no post count. Fixed: Saving tabbed widget without selecting category/title causes errors. Fixed: Errors when reviews are enabled without adding criteria. Changed: Bunyad Widgets plugin is no longer force activated. Files changed: --------------------- style.css, blocks/review.php, css/rtl.css, css/rtl-responsive.css Plugins to delete/re-install: Bunyad Widgets
Feb 8, 2014 – 1.0.4
- Fixed: Pagination spacing and selection issue on front-page blog listing blocks. - Fixed: Mobile menu not clickable when not named main-menu. - Feature: Shortcode support added in Advertisement widget. - Usability: Added auto-selection of page template when pagebuilder is activated to stop users from missing this step. Files changed: --------------------- style.css, lib/posts.php, blocks/blog.php, js/bunyad-theme.js, css/rtl.css Plugins to delete/re-install: Bunyad Widgets, Page Builder
Feb 7, 2014 – 1.0.3
- Fixed: prettyPhoto mosaic tiled galleries not being grouped. - Fixed: A PHP warning on plugins activation in some installations. - Fixed: Image flickr in firefox. - Fixed: Responsive version of the blog listing style having left spacing. - Fixed: Sticky posts taking priority in the featured area. - Fixed: Margin of gallery block when used at bottom. Files changed: --------------------- style.css, partial-sliders.php, css/responsive.css, blocks/mega-menu-category.php, js/bunyad-theme.js
Feb 5, 2014 – 1.0.2
- NEW FEATURE: Google Responsive Ads fully supported now. - Fixed: An issue with using Custom Menus prior to navigation menu. - Fixed: Mosaic tiled gallery width. - Fixed: Category Mega Menu featured post not working properly. - Fixed: Retina logo is no longer required when using image based logo. - Fixed: Media Library search broken in admin area. - Fixed: Styling issue for google-plus social icon in top bar. - Fixed: 728x90 ad vertical alignment issue in right side of header. - Documentation improvements and fixes. Files Changed: --------------------- style.css, functions.php, blocks/mega-menu-category.php, lib/menus.php, css/rtl.css
Feb 3, 2014 – 1.0.1
* Fixed Slider Issue with demo import content taking priority. Files Changed: --------------------- partial-sliders.php, style.css