An introduction to support on the Marketplaces
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on the Marketplaces.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Hands-on support for this item is provided by withemes
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to update Wordpress theme?
1. Login into your Themeforest account and go to downloads (Dashboad > downloads)
2. Download the theme into your computer
3. Install an FTP program (Filezilla is free)
4. Retrieve your FTP login information from your hosting admin panel and login into your hosting via FTP
5. unzip the item main file
6. Locate theme.zip (eg: sonata.zip) and unzip it to get the directory sonata
7. drag and drop sonata folder into your FTP program with the destination: “YOUR_HOSTING_ROOT/YOUR_SUBDIRECTORY/wp-content/themes/”
8. FTP program will give a warning that there is an existing with the same directory name, choose replace all.
8. It will take varying from 15 to 30 minutes to replace all files. Once you done, navigate to Dashboard > Appearance, you’ll see the version of current theme.
9. You have to update both Wi:Portfolio and Wi:Shortcodes plugin to make changes on portfolio and shortcodes. Please unzip these plugins attached with the downloaded package from Themeforest and drag & drop to wp-content/plugins/ directory on your server.
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using the Marketplaces you should come straight to Envato Support.