Spark – Simple and Effective Corporate WebsiteSpark is a High-Quality Responsive and Retina WordPress Theme. The landing-page is showcasing a full One-Page Website Concept, featuring next-generation HTML5 technology allowing exceptional page-load speed performance and reactivness.
New! Check out the new 2013 Video Preview of the incredible backend: http://youtu.be/wkBexlVnW6I
One site – Multiple displaysSpark automatically adapts itself to the screen size it is seen on. From desktop-level browsers, to tablets and phones (including all iPhone and Android versions), it looks pixel-perfect and makes the best use of the screen it is displayed on – like it would be a native app!
Instant Install — Get Started in 60 Seconds
Enterprise-level compatibilityThe HTML5 layout makes use of next-generation features through progressive enhancements: it provides hardware-acceleration display for next-generation browsers and devices, while assuring full enterprise-level compatibility with all browsers, tablets, phones and offers graceful degradation for even older browsers.
Exceptional page-load performance
- Automated JS and CSS minifying and merging
- Gzip of JS, CSS and HTML pages transferred
- Server-side cache of Gzipped version of static files
- Client-side caching rules for static files
“This is the best template I have purchased from themeforest!” — Said drakestrategies, 3-4 years of ThemeForest membership, and 50-99 items purchased.
Live PreviewCheck out the live preview of the landing-page! It is made of selected standard WordPress pages and are combined into one page, the top menu is built automatically and can be overridden with a custom menu to also include links to other pages.
Enterprise-Level FeaturesThe concept of this one-page website template is to provide a great experience going from one virtual-page to another, while keeping all the benefits of separate pages (accessibility, browser history, bookmarkable URLs, SEO, and more).
The other great implementation of this design is the flexible, responsive layout. With one website you actually get 3-4 specific layouts for desktops, tablets, phones, and any other devices: The layout adapts itself to what the browser is capable of displaying. Go ahead and resize your browser to its minimum width while looking at the live preview!
Based on the 960 Grid System (via Skeleton), the template is very easy to use and adapt to your needs. Clear documentation is provided with simple examples.
Git Repository AccessNEW! Get Access to the Spark Git Repository via Bitbucket: Follow the continuous development, fork, contribute, get early access to updates, and more!
- Responsive 960 Grid-System (via Skeleton)
- FlexSlider (flexible, hardware-accelerated)
- Dynamic Menu (updated via scroll position)
- Browser History Support
- Bookmarkable URL
- CDN with local fallback
- Google Fonts
- Natural SEO enhancements (appropriate content tags and HTML structure)
- Ajax Forms with HTML5 fields validation
- Working contact form with newest security features (PHP Filters)
- Page-load speed performance: Grade-A
- Dynamic JS and CSS minifying and merging engine
- Gzip compression for JS and CSS files
- Gzip compression for HTML pages and ajax content
- Smart server cache and client cache rules management
- Easy to customize colors
- and more…
The PSD files provided allow you to re-use the logo (just change the text) and the sliders (adapt it to your needs by changing the text and the main element). Monochrome icons are provided for both white and black background for all kinds of use. The font used in the demo is “Open Sans” and is also provided.
Please feel free to contact me for any question or comment, I’d love to hear from you!
What People Say (from the best-seller HTML5 version)
Customer service on this template is amazing. I emailed the author and received a reply right away. Not only that, even when I had other questions the author would respond instantly letting me know when he would get back to me.
Template was very easy to use and like the template author is very ‘responsive’! Recommend his work and support any day of the week! Thanks again~!
— Paul D.
love the download, well worth the few dollars! — kokojero
I love the simplicity of this — tamarator
Impressive and slick! — dharmageek
I want to thank you, been waiting for this — rustin
Awesome work! — intakep
Amazing theme very beautifully coded!! — JonnySnip3r
Like everyone else I’m really pleased with your template. Thank you. Great job and I look forward to more from you. — boktoday
Hey I purchased this AMAZING design and code thank you for being someone I feel actually sees the web like I do. That’s all I have to say your documentation and presentation for the package is worth more than what I paid for it, Thanks again!
This is a unique template… really great job of good features. — tamarator
this template is tits! Nice job JoNa. I bought it again cause it’s freakin awesome. — webgraphics
Support PolicyI usually try my best to address most requests within 48h, but it can take up to 72h (especially during weekends) as I get overwhelmed. In order to reply to as much people as possible, I have to define what my support covers:
Support covers the following:
- Installation and configuration (it must work as good as the live demo)
- Customization (logo, menu, slider, landing-page sections, etc.)
- All of the theme features (shortcodes, contact-form, etc.)
Support does not cover:
- Third-party plugins integration
- Modification of the theme files
UpdatesYour download comes with lifetime quality updates, free.
Spark One-Page WordPress Theme Version 4.1 – September 1, 2013
- Font-Icons: New importation process based on native WP-Filesystem
- New Performance panel allowing more control: Enable GZIP compression on WordPress pages, Load jQuery from CDN, Put jQuery at the bottom, Use jQuery Migrate
- Upgraded to OptionTree 2.1.3, jQuery 1.10.2 and jQuery Migrate 1.2.1
- Improved default settings to increase compatibility: Now using the packaged WordPress jQuery version by default; “Smooth-Scroll All Links” option is now off by default
- Code refactoring; Addressed PHP notices; Visually improved the Theme Options page
- Fixed an issue where the order of arbitrary queries results would be affected
- Added the possibility to set Titles for the slides of the Main Slider (used for the images
- Compare source code between Versions 4.1 and 4.0 on the git repository (register here first to get access)
Spark One-Page WordPress Theme Version 4.0 – August 2, 2013
- Spark is now fully compatible with the latest version of WordPress 3.6!
- More detailed changelog is available on the git repository through Bitbucket: jona.maddim.com/git
Spark One-Page WordPress Theme Version 3.5 – June 21, 2013
- The landing-page can now show unlimited sections regardless of the “Max. posts per page” WordPress setting
- The Mobile Menu is now pixel-perfect when displayed in Standard Linear Mode. Nested menu indicator now aligns perfectly at all mobile sizes.
- The Contact Form’s Nonce Security Check now works flawlessly even with Page Caching enabled for non-logged-in users. (Fixed in version 3.5.1)
Spark One-Page WordPress Theme Version 3.4 – June 4, 2013
- Fixed the Post-Specific “Custom CSS” Metabox Field not being effective
- Fixed the custom “404 Not Found” page not being correctly assigned. This issue was introduced in version 3.0 and is now resolved
- Minor improvements
Spark One-Page WordPress Theme Version 3.3 – June 2, 2013
- Fixed characters escaping and HTML block elements nested in paragraph elements – Spark now always outputs Valid HTML5 Syntax
Spark One-Page WordPress Theme Version 3.2 – May 30, 2013
- Improved the Font-Icons Rendering in Chrome
- Removed a “0” character added at the end of messages sent via the Contact Form
- Minor improvements
Spark One-Page WordPress Theme Version 3.1 – May 3, 2013
- New! Typography Settings: switch between predefined Fonts Sets or define your own Custom Font to be used for Title and Body Text separately. Easy to customize font-size, font-weight and text-shadow – no CSS skills required.
- New! More Slider Options: it is now possible to turn on/off auto slider animation as well as slider looping (make it stop at the last slide).
- Solved an issue where the
[latest_posts]shortcode would break multi-posts pages like the Landing-Page or the Blog page.
- Fixed a PHP Notice with the TimThumb configuration
- Fixed an issue in the top menu when used in Manual mode: links to the landing-page sections were not pointing back to the landing-page if clicked from the Blog page.
- Fixed an oversized margin occurring on Small Mobile Devices when the Header was set to be “Fixed on Desktop Only”.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Spark WordPress Version 3.0 – April 22, 2013Warning: This is a major update and it might break compatibility with your customization based on a previous version of the theme. It is recommended that you reset the theme after the update (see the Theme Options page under the “Reset Theme” tab). Remember to disable any cache plugin when updating (W3 Total Cache or similar).
- New Hybrid Images: Spark delivers low-quality images to slow-bandwidth users and up to high-resolution images for High-Pixel-Density Displays (Retina)
- New Font-based Icons: Super-smooth interface to select from hundred of beautiful vector icons and easily combine them into one resulting font file. Insert icons in the WordPress Editor with one single click: no shortcode, fully visual
- New Responsive Menu: Replace the standard menu with a dropdown menu for Mobile users, allowing for unlimited menu items even on small screens
- New Nested Menu: Added support for Multilevel Nested Menus
- New Visual Editor Enhancement (visual shortcodes): Play with Columns like never before in the WordPress Editor through visual aid and an incredibly easy interface!
- New Fixed Header: Take full control over the top header and select on which devices (mobiles, tablets, desktops) it should be fixed or should scroll with the page
- New Google Analytics: Track each section of the landing-page independently, fully detailed reports
- Improved the Contact Form and added a Spam Protection
- Improved Footer settings allowing more control on its design and active state
- Now using the latest libraries including the latest jQuery 1.9 with a simple option to enable “jQuery Migrate” to ensure compatibility with older plugins
- The Blog is now activated by default: Added support for Hybrid/Retina Featured-Images, Hybrid/Retina Avatars (compatible with Gravatar), added an “About the Author” box, support for Nested Comments, and deeply verified all content in posts and comments using the latest Theme Unit Test 2013
- New Smart human-readable relative time for posts and comments: Supports from seconds up to years, and in case a comment is posted on 23:50 it will not display “Yesterday” until 7:00 o’clock on the next morning.
- Added lots of new options for better control: Smooth-Scroll all Links, Time Display, Speech Recognition (Search field), Editor Enhancement (on/off), Reset Theme (for updaters), and many more
- Greatly improved the code base, documentation, added YouTube video tutorials straight into the Theme Options page, and much more
Spark WordPress Version 2.0 – December 26, 2012
- Updated the OptionTree Framework from
2.0.12in order to assure compatibility with the latest version of WordPress 3.5
Spark WordPress Version 1.9 – November 16, 2012
- Fixed a specific iOS 5 bug described in this video
Spark WordPress Version 1.8 – November 15, 2012
- Now using the standard WP Loop mechanism for the landing-page, allowing better compatibility with third-party plugins
- Fixed an issue affecting external links containing a #hash symbol
- Restored the loading of jQuery from public CDN (with local fallback) for the “No-conflicts” mode
- Menu in “Auto” mode: it is now possible to add sections (like a footer) that are not linked to a menu item (this was already possible in “Manual” mode)
- Fixed the output of the Custom CSS field which was inadvertently escaping double-quotes
- It is now possible to have a double-sized logo which will be automatically scaled down to the header’s height (for HD displays)
- Other minor fixes
Spark WordPress Version 1.7 – November 5, 2012
- Introducing new “Nested Columns” shortcodes
- Updated the Shortcode documentation to reflect the above
- Improved the technique used for the fixed-header on recent versions of iOS and Android devices in order to prevent visual glitches, speed up the scroll experience, and optimize overall efficiency (less CPU/Battery power)
- Improved the mobile detection algorithm: faster detection and larger coverage — Even more mobile devices are now covered: all versions of iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, Nokia N9, and all other mobile platforms/browsers based on a recent version of WebKit Mobile
- Fixed an issue where the smooth scroll wouldn’t scroll to the correct position on some mobiles platforms
- Upgraded the version of jQuery to the latest (1.8.2)
- Clarified the theme name with the version number to avoid confusion when having more than one version installed
- Clarified the Child Theme’s name with the version number of the parent theme it is using
Spark WordPress Version 1.6 – October 28, 2012
- Added automatic color brightness detection for the custom background options: Text will now be white if the custom background color is dark, or black if the custom background color is bright
- Fixed the Child Theme included
- Fixed the alignment of the header/logo in certain scenarios
- Fixed an OptionTree bug related to the list-item settings affecting both the landing-page and main slider settings
Spark WordPress Version 1.5 – October 25, 2012
- Fixed an issue with the fixed-header and navigation system occurring on recent versions of iOS (5.1+) and Android (4.0+)
- Fixed code generating PHP notices (mostly unverified arrays) when server is set to display errors
- Fixed a bug in the footer resulting from a call to a previously removed theme hook
- Improved the theme installation process – The setup is now able to determine specific needs depending on which previous version you had installed
- Edited a few option descriptions in the backend
Spark WordPress Version 1.4 – October 23, 2012
- Introducing a new “No-Conflicts” mode in the Performance tab
- Introducing Blog capabilities straight from the backend
- Introducing fixed header on recent Apple iOS and Android devices
- Better compatibility with third-party plugins
- Now using OptionTree 2.0.9 internally, no extra plugin required
- Resolved issues related to the “Front-page displays” option
- Resolved an issue where the top menu would not work properly
- Resolved an issue where the background fields were taken into account even if Custom Background wasn’t selected
- Resolved an issue where some shortcodes would be in conflict with each other if used more than once on the same page (e.g. the tabs shortcode)
- Improved the site’s header: the logo now has a dynamic width – the smaller the logo, the more place there is for the menu items
- Improved data validation (esc_html, esc_url, esc_attr, etc.) – no more breaking HTML structure inadvertently with fancy values
- Improved automation during the installation process: all you need is 60 seconds to get a site like the live demo up and running, all the content and images in place – ready to be edited/replaced
- Improved site performance: “Speed” mode is speedier (enabled GZIP of rendered pages)
- Greatly improved the backend, inactive fields are now hidden and shown only when effective
- Slightly modified the Child Theme
- Many more bug fixes and improvements not listed here
- Created a Support Policy for better clarity of how I can help you (see above)
Spark WordPress Version 1.3 – June 17, 2012
- Added a field in the admin panel to easily set custom CSS
- Added the possibility to set your own custom background image/color for the different areas of the site
- Added new layout columns possibilities
- Improved Shortcodes documentation, including more examples which are now easier to copy
- Shortcodes featuring an image (icon, pricing_column) now accept absolute URLs to images, in addition to support the shortened path to the
/images/icons/directory of the theme
- Improved page scrolling for BlackBerry devices
- Added a basic Child Theme to quickly get your hands on customizing the core theme files while keeping the ability to update the main theme independently
- Improved the admin panel
- Fixed an issue where having multiple groups of tabs on the same page would not work properly
- Fixed an issue where images could potentially not show if the name would contain special characters
- Fixed an issue where WordPress would keep the “pre” tag surrounding shortcodes copied from the ThemeForest comments
- Fixed the path of the images included in the sample pages created by the theme
- Fixed a behavior where the landing-page would not show if the “Front page displays” WordPress option was set to “a static page”.
- Cleaned the code and got rid of all the PHP notices
- Other minor fixes and improvements
Spark WordPress Version 1.2 – June 02, 2012
- Added responsive embedded videos support
- Added fully configurable Content Sliders
- Added WordPress MU (Multisite) support
- Added SEO features (metatags)
- Added 5 predefined colors schemes
- Added custom colors possibility (unlimited color schemes)
- The “404 Not Found” page can now be fully customized
- Added possibility to fully customize the main slider as well as shortcode-based content sliders (animation, speed, delay, controls, etc.)
- Added a “Clear Cache” button for Spark Speed Mode
- Improved documentation and better organisation of the admin interface
Spark WordPress Version 1.1
- Minor bug fixes
Spark WordPress Version 1.0
- Initial release