A Truly Flexible Homepage
Sure there are a ton of awesome layout setups you could come up with all the color and style choices, but what about the homepage layout, too? Stealth offers you a truly flexible homepage, but in the simplest way possible. Isn’t it awesome?
A Rock Solid WordPress Theme Framework
After more than a year of trial, error, and customer feedback on Theme Forest, this theme has been built on one of the most rock solid WordPress frameworks around. The ThemeBlvd WordPress Framework has reached the highest level ever thanks to the all of the support from the thousands of awesome ThemeBlvd theme buyers. stealth embodies the latest features and technologies to provide the best WordPress 3 experience around.
Stealth Video Overview
ThemeBlvd Video Tutorials
- Getting Started
- Standard WordPress Elements
- Writing Pages and Posts
- Page Templates
- Homepage Options
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Bonus Videos
- Valid HTML5 and CSS level 2.1 tableless design.
- Theme Option Customization Highlights
- 3 Body Styles – Light, dark, or beige?
- Unlimted header color choices.
- 40 header textures.
- Unlimited accent color choices (used for main menu).
- Flexible homepage layout choices.
- Choose number of footer widget columns.
- Display or hide titles of all subpages.
- Show subpage sidebar on left or right side.
- ... And many more useful options.
- 9 Page Templates
- 11 Custom Widgets
- ThemeBlvd Ads (125×125) Widget
- ThemeBlvd Author Box Widget
- ThemeBlvd Feedback Widget
- ThemeBlvd MP3 Audio Widget
- ThemeBlvd Info Box Widgetv
- ThemeBlvd Recent News Widget
- ThemeBlvd Recent Posts Widget
- ThemeBlvd Simple Contact Widget
- ThemeBlvd Tabs Widget
- ThemeBlvd Twitter Widget
- ThemeBlvd Video Widget (supports Vimeo, YouTube, and self-hosted mp4, flv, and f4v videos)
- Flash Enhancement
- MP3 Audio Player for self-hosted audio files.
- Video Player for self-hosted video files.
- jQuery Enhancement
- Homepage slideshow with Cycle plugin
- Dropdown Menu, improved with jQuery
- Portfolio Page with animated thumbnails and lightbox
- Working AJAX/PHP contact form with validation
- WordPress 3+ Theme Support
- Custom Menu support
- Custom Background support
- Post Thumbnail support
- More ThemeBlvd Framework Goodies
- Self-hosted audio/video, YouTube, and Vimeo support in portfolios, widgets, and shortcodes.
- Many dynamic widget and widget areas.
- Built-in ThemeBlvd SEO plugin. – (Watch Video)
- Contact Form Builder. – (Watch Video)
- Full Lightbox integration. – (Watch Video)
- Font Control – (Watch Video)
- Tons of shortcodes with tinyMCE visual integration. – (See Screenshot), (View All Shortcodes)
- Unlimited Portfolios – (Watch Video)
- Unlimited Slideshows – (Watch Video)
- Localization-Ready (for translating to other languages)
- Full layered PSD site layout.
- Detailed documentation included in addition to video tutorials.
In order to run this theme, your server must have PHP5 and you must have WordPress 3.x installed.
If you’re not running at least PHP5 on your web server, it’s a bit of a security risk, anyway. Any respectable web host should update you for free if you just ask. If you’re on some sort of dedicated server plan, they will sometimes charge you a small fee to update.
You can view complete change log for files here.
v1.3.2 – February 25, 2013
- Incorporated current Theme Blvd Twitter functionality.
- Added WP dynamic classes to widgets in registered sidebars.
- Improved [raw] shortcode and added option to disable it at Stealth > Theme Options > General Settings.
v1.3.1 – April 6, 2011
- Fixed bug in safari with random huge text in sidebar widgets.
- Fixed some quirks with formatting of Portfolio/Portfolio Item title tags in built-in SEO plugin.
- Added support for multiple uses of tabs shortcode on a single page.
- Added [raw] shortcode back in order to escape WordPress automatic formatting if desired. Ex: [raw]Content you want without formatting here…[/raw]
v1.3 – April 1, 2011
This is a giant update. With a framework to match the popular Alyeska and Complexity, this theme has undergone a major face-lift. And did I mentions the major design tweaks as well?
- Updated to Theme Blvd WordPress Framework v1.1.
- Theme is now valid HTML5.
- Increased size of Main Menu bar buttons.
- Replaced 6 color choices with options for unlimited colors.
- Incorporated new homepage elements and homepage sorting of those elements.
- Added body styles, so now you can choose between light, dark, or beige.
- Added footer styles, so now you can choose between light, dark, or beige.
- Added options for choosing link colors.
- Added option for theme sidebar to be placed on left or right.
- Added “Sidebar Left” and “Sidebar Right” page templates.
- Added specific theme file for portfolio item post pages.
- Fixed tabs widgets when less than 4 tabs.
- Fixed SEO panel enable/disable when creating pages/posts.
- Fixed slideshow pause on mouse hover.
- Customized prettyPhoto lightbox skin.
- Complete blog post comment overhaul.
- Tweaked design of header tweet, and removed “Follow Me” link.
- Tweaked design of header searchform.
- Added child theme compatibility and sample child theme.
- Separated footer widget area into separate columns with option of how many.
- Added “auto start” option for ThemeBlvd Audio widget.
- Removed Alternate Homepage page template because of new homepage flexibility.
- Removed auto-height scaling feature on slideshow (I began to find it annoying!).
- Removed slideshow and featured posts sections from Blog/Magazine page templates to avoid confusion.
WARNING: This update will require you to re-configure much of your Theme Options page because of all the new layout options. You will also need to insert any widgets you had in the footer widget area again, as now the footer has a different setup.
v1.2 – January 27, 2011
The coolest part about this update is that a bunch of new, awesome google fonts were added along with a new cool way to preview your font selections in your theme options panel.
- Added many new fonts from the Google Font Directory and also added live font previewing on theme options page.
- Fixed some WordPress 3.1 compatibility issues.
- Fixed exclude categories not working on Blog and Magazine page templates.
- Excluded slides from search results.
- Disabled [raw] shortcode
- Fixed video/audio flash embedding (for shortcodes and widgets) in IE8.
- Updated to prettyPhoto 3.0.1
- Made SEO titles compatible with WP attachment pages.
- Theme is now compatible with official WP-PageNavi plugin.
- Theme is now compatible with official Breadcrumb NavXT plugin.
- Added “Compatible Plugins” section to documentation.
v1.1 – December 6, 2010
This update fixed some bugs and added some new features. Highlights include adding 7 widgets and support for self-hosted video and audio files in the portfolio, shortcodes, and widgets.
- Added 7 ThemeBlvd widgets
- Added classic shortcodes ([recent_posts], [tags], etc.)
- Added media shortcodes ([audio], [video])
- Added flash audio and video players and support self-hosted audio/video files for portfolios, widgets, and shortcodes.
- Added options for branding portfolio video/audio player including optional logo watermark (Theme Options > Portfolios).
- Fixed PHP added slashes in optional header HTML block.
- Fixed header search form CSS for browser compatibility.
- Fixed PHP added slashes to copyright text.
- Added missing wp_footer().
- Added ability use column shortcodes on lower content section of homepage when importing page content into the area set to full-width.
- Fixed incorrect comment date display on posts.
- Added some security to contact form by replacing ”@” with “[ at ]” in form embedded email address.
- Added Google Font Directory’s new fonts.
- Fixed some general issues with how font selection works and how header fonts fall back to body font when no Google font is selected. Also threw in option for changing body font size.
- Updated localization stealth.po file
Sources and Credits
I would like to thank the following providers: