This is a great theme, however I cannot seem to get my blog to show excerpts despite changing the reading settings to show a summary of the feed. Am I missing something?
Sorted this now, sorry!
Absolutely no worries at all. Glad to hear you’re all sorted.
Hi , Great theme !
I’m trying to figure out how to translate the gallery categories with WPML , the language / translation option is not there – unlike ordinary post categories .. What canI do ?
We’re very happy to assist you my friend.
All of our Product Support is conducted via our TrueThemes HelpDesk.
Please kindly submit your question as a ticket on our secure HelpDesk so that our dedicated support team can further assist you.
TrueThemes HelpDesk | Training Videos | KnowledgeBase
Thanks so much
I haven’t purchased this theme yet, but I want to. However, I have a couple questions before I do… Are there other styles of main navigation appearances, other than the version shown in the live demo? Is there a way to customize the appearance of the social media links, newsletter form and other footer elements?
Thanks so much for your interest in Sterling.
In response to your questions:
1. The main navigation comes only in the style displayed on the demo site. You can indeed customize the look and feel by adding CSS code to Sterling’s Site Options Panel however you’ll need to be familiar with writing your own CSS code.
2. The footer elements also only come in the style displayed on the demo site. Again these can absolutely be customized as per our notes above about the CSS.
Please give us a shout if there’s anything else we can do to help.
I like the professional look of this theme and the myriad options you have included. Seems perfect for a small business like mine. Even if I don’t need them all right now, all these extras will allow me to expand my website over time. Plus, Sterling is responsive, a must have in my book.
1) Do the options allow me to have premium content pages and/or a private blog for members only? If not, how hard would it be to add this functionality via plugins, coding, or whatnot?
2) Have you had any incompatibility issues with people who use Linux-based hosting?
3) Will this theme do auto-updates?
Your answers are appreciated. I joined TF a couple of days ago specially to buy one of five themes I liked for my new website. Down to two now and I am anxious to get up and running soon.
Hey my friend,
First off, welcome to ThemeForest! It’s excellent that you’re building a website for your business and we wish you very much success.
As per your question, Wordpress comes with a built-in functionality for making any post or page within your website password-protected. This is built into the Wordpress core and does not require any plugins. Please note however that this functionality simply protects a post or page with a password and that’s it. Very basic but very effective.
If you’re looking for a more robust user-management system (ie a more effective way of serving up premium content) we recommend a plugin such as the WishList Member Plugin: http://member.wishlistproducts.com/
I hope this information is helpful.
Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do to help.
Wow. That was fast. I was still editing my questions when you responded. Now that IS customer service and I’m not even a customer yet.
Thanks for the recommendation too btw. That looks like what I wanted.
And my other two questions about linux compatibility and auto-updates?
We’re here to serve
As per Linux compatibility, Wordpress is a PHP system that requires a Linux web server to run on. You can view the detailed server requirements for Wordpress in the following link. The Sterling theme will also run flawlessly under this server setup. http://wordpress.org/about/requirements/
As per auto-updates, Sterling will notify you via your Wordpress Dashboard as soon as a new update becomes available. You can then download the files and update the theme to latest version. Upgrades are free for the life of the theme.
Cheers my friend
Hi, I have some questions pre-purchase.
1. Does the Woocommerce plugin/functionality come with the theme?
2. Is there any way to create and manage subdomains with the theme? (Or can you recommend a good plugin that does?)
3. Is there any way to create a megamenu without a plugin/re-coding? (I think I saw you answer that ‘no’ in a previous comment – just double checking.)
Thanks for your help. I think the theme is fantastic
Thank you so much for your interest in Sterling.
As per your questions:
1. The WooCommerce plugin does not come with Sterling however Sterling is fully built and ready for the plugin. Simply install the WooCommerce plugin and Sterling takes care of the rest. WooCommerce is completely free and can be viewed here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/woocommerce/
2. Hmm. We’ve never used a Wordpress Plugin for handling subdomains however many hosting companies have very easy interface for creating subdomains on your web server. Can you please provide us with more details about what you’d like to do with subdomains and perhaps we can assist?
3. Unfortunately not. There is not a ‘mega menu’ function built into the theme.
I just have to say how awesome the Sterling theme is, and even more so, how awesome True Themes is.
I’ve worked in a number of themes, and I’ve never come across a team of people so friendly, knowledgeable, and FAST to reply to my questions.
I feel that having a strong developer and support behind a theme is the difference between a website’s success and failure.
You’re sure to succeed with True Themes in your corner!
Thanks so much for your kind words my friend. They really mean the world to us.
It’s a pleasure serving you.
I currently have a child theme with the following files in it.
All those files i obviously edited.
My question is related to the update you released today.
If i just upload the new sterling parent theme will i be good?
or did you make changes to any of the files i currently have in my child theme?
There have been some recent changes to header.php and footer.php however not in the last release.
If upgrading from Sterling 2.1 to Sterling 2.1.1 there will be no changes and you can simply upgrade your parent theme for smooth transition. If you are upgrading from a version prior to 2.1 there will be some changes in those files.
If you need any specific instruction please kindly submit a ticket on our secure HelpDesk so that our dedicated support team can further assist you.
Also – i would like to make the sidebar wider – lets say 300px and i know all i need to do is edit line 1087 of style
background: url(images/global/image-sprite.png) 0 -300px no-repeat;
and change it to 300px but this is responsive and i think you use % for some of the devices?
not sure if im missing any of the sidebar styles
do you have a cheat sheet to adjust sidebar width?
all styles i would have to edit?
and if i edit the sidebar i would have to edit the left column to make it narrower – so same thing there – do you have a cheat sheet of all the styles i would need to change?
I’m considering purchasing this theme, but have some questions first.
On your header slider, do you have any other slider styles that come with this theme? Can a slider be put on any page? Where can I view the 18 page templates that you advertise?
1. There are 3 types of sliders that come with the theme. LayerSlider, 3D CU3ER Slider and a custom jQuery Slider. Within each of those types there are also different variations of each. (ie 3D CU3ER with/without thumbnails, etc).
2. An unlimited amount of sliders can be added to any page throughout the site.
3. Most of the 18 Page Templates are located under the “Pages” section of the Live Demo Site. The others are displayed throughout the site itself (blog, e-commerce sections, etc): http://themes.truethemes.net/Sterling/
Please feel free to give us a shout if there is anything else we can do to help.
I’m also considering purchasing this theme but a quick question; Any chance for a portfolio page? Do you plan to add or could I create a portfolio page myself?
We don’t have immediate plans for a portfolio page at this time however many customers have used the Gallery page templates as portfolio pages with great success. Example gallery template: http://themes.truethemes.net/Sterling/gallery-4-columns
Thank you for your quick response…a few more questions (I’ve been burned on other themes in the past and trying to do my homework this time).
1. You display your theme in the Live Preview in wide, bordlerless format. I don’t see any information about being able to use it as a boxed, or bordered, format. Can you do either way?
2. Have you run the plugin called WP Check on your theme? Is there a way to do this so I can see what information Wordpress gives about the theme?
You’re very welcome my friend. Here are some notes in response to your questions:
1. Yes a “boxed layout” is an available option in the Sterling theme. This will give the theme a fixed width and center it on screen rather than the design spanning full width of the screen. When accessing the demo site you can click on the small “style selector” to the right of the main navigation and choose boxed layout from the dropdown list.
2. Yes we use the “Theme Check” plugin to ensure proper compatibility with all of our themes. We’ve also just recently re-built our entire framework from the ground up. We hired a wordpress security expert and member of wordpress core to do a complete audit and overhaul on all of our code. Our framework is absolutely rock-solid and is written in accordance with the wordpress coding standards: http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Coding_Standards
Please feel free to give us a shout with any further questions.
Sorry, hopefully one last thing…can you send me any links of sites that are using your theme currently?
Yes sure thing.
Here’s a showcase of websites using the Sterling theme:
Is there a way to get the jquery slider to rotate automatically, instead of clicking on the arrows?
Hi There. Yes this is indeed possible. This is already built into the Theme’s Option Panel. You will simply set the delay to “0” so that the slides will auto-play.
As a novice which of your two themes is the easiest to use ‘straight out of the box’ ?
Both seem OK for what I need, but ease of use is a real priority for me.
Do either have any compatibility issues with the Yoast SEO plugin?
Thanks so much for your interest in our themes.
Both the Sterling and Karma themes are extremely user-friendly out of the box. You can simply choose which design works best for your needs.
There are currently no known compatibility issues between Yoast SEO Plugin and our themes. We have however noticed that Yoast is not fully compatible with latest version of WordPress 3.5. We recommend using our built-in SEO tools (which is a modified version of ‘All-in-one SEO’ for your SEO needs)
Please give us a shout if there is anything else we can do to help.
I need to have a Video to the left and an Aweber optin box on the right in the slider, can I do that easily with this theme? Can I place both the video and code to the right of the video with this theme? Thanks much!
Yes you can add the video just as you normally would. You can then choose to align left. (full details covered in Sterling Training Videos: support.truethemes.net/training-videos
As per the aWeber form this can very likely be added however we have not worked with aWeber so we are unsure of exact instructions.
If aWeber provides you with HTML code for the form you can simply choose the “HTML” tab on your Wordpress content editor and paste in the HTML code.
Have just been looking through your theme and its various options. I just wanted to check before purchasing this theme is it WP Multisite compatible?
and just to confirm that it is also Child theme compatible. from what i read it comes with a child theme.
Yes Sterling is both Multisite and Child Theme compatible. It also comes with free “Sterling Child Theme” to get you up and running quickly.
Great and Awesome theme!
Thank you TrueThemes.
You’re very welcome my friend. Cheers
I just want to appreciate Miguel G and the good and SPEEDY customer service at TrueThemes. I have the Sterling wordpress theme. Thanks so much!
You’re very welcome my friend. Thank you so much for your kind words.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Why buy with Envato
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.