An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Hands-on support for this item is provided by StrictThemes
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Documentation?
1. Common documentation comes with theme package. Browse Documentation folder.
2. Extended documentation available online – http://strictthemes.com/documentation
Do you provide support?
First of all, in accordance with TF policy, support is not mandatory. This is part of the reason why files on the marketplace are so cheap. So you should be aware of that.My concept is simple:
- I believe my themes are extremely-easy-to-use.
- I provide an extended documentation. That’s more than enough for installation and usage.
- I make a very clean, readable, and well-structured code.
- I provide a support in comments if only I have a free time, thus support is not guaranteed.
- At this moment, I focused on theme development, not on support.
Who is your customer?
Definitely, he is not an absolute beginner. More precisely, beginner is welcome if only he is ready to follow a simple instructions and ready for self-education e.g. via Google. I do not want to get all possible customers. I want to get only satisfied customers – people who happy with my themes and who knows how to use WordPress.Originally my customer is:
- Developer (or Studio) who make a websites for clients.
- Website owner – advanced user of WordPress.
I found a bug. What should I do?
I really care about quality of my themes. It is my priority #1. If you’ve found a bug, please, drop me a line at email@example.com I’ll do my best to fix it as fast as I can.
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Envato Support.