Important: Since version 1.0.3, SUPPLE has changed the way it displays tweets, in order to be compatible with the new Twitter v1.1 API. The process is still pretty straightforward: now you need to enable Twitter integration in your Tumblr preferences. Read more about displaying your latest tweets.
SUPPLE is a versatile portfolio theme for Tumblr by Pixel Moxie. SUPPLE is aimed at creatives—designers, illustrators, photographers, video artists—and allows you to display your work in a grid-like fashion, flexibly enough so you can define the aspect ratio of your thumbnails: from landscape to portrait, including square and anything in between.
- Responsive layout—your portfolio looks great on phones, tablets and desktops.
- Flexible portfolio grid—define your thumbnails aspect ratio: portrait, landscape, square.
- Retina ready—SUPPLE uses a combination of raster and webfont icons and serves high resolution images to high pixel density displays.
- Custom image logo—upload your own standard and high resolution logo images.
- Responsive homepage slider—display up to five image slides, with optional heading and subheading and custom colors.
- Responsive photosets—display your photosets using Tumblr traditional layouts, albeit completely responsive. You can optionally enable a slider for your photoset permalink pages.
- Dynamically load the next set of portfolio projects on the homepage with Ajax.
- Twitter, Flickr, Dribbble and Instagram feeds.
- Spotify support—responsive Spotify embeds that adapt to any screen size.
- Support for all of Tumblr post types, including video from Vimeo and YouTube, SoundCloud and Spotify Embeds.
- Google Web Fonts for body text, heading and titles through the site.
- Social icons: Behance, deviantArt, Dribbble, Facebook, Flickr, Google+, Instagram, LastFM, LinkedIn, MySpace, Picasa, Pinterest, SoundCloud, Twitter, Vimeo, YouTube.
- Disqus comment count and Disqus comment threads.
- Customizable footer: enable or disable individual footer columns and widgets: About, Text Widget, Flickr, Dribbble, Instagram, Ask Me Anything.
- Filter posts by tag—define up to ten custom tags to enable your visitors to sort your portfolio by project type.
- Easy Google Analytics implementation.
- Support for static pages.
- Ask and Submit enabled.
- Optionally disable additional media queries.
- Chockfull of options—all colors can be changed from the customization dashboard, plus there are plenty of options to adapt the theme to your specific needs.
- Comprehensive documentation.
v1.2.0 August 3, 2013
- New: Option to use Google Fonts script subsets to extend the default Latin characters support.
- New: Option to relocate Tumblr controls iframe so it doesn’t conflict with navigation and searchbox on certain screen sizes or devices.
- New: Better options to disable header and footer gradients.
- New: Society6 social icon.
- Fixed: Better support for Tumblr hosted video files.
- Fixed: Increase Ask widget height so the Ask button is visible again.
v1.1.1 June 27, 2013
v1.1 June 10, 2013
- Added options to show “Like” and “Reblog” button on portfolio thumbnails.
- Added social media icons for Blogger, Quora and 500px.
- Added option to prevent image upscaling.
- Minor JavasScript fixes and CSS improvements.
v1.0.3 March 19, 2013
- Improved support for the SoundCloud widget for audio posts embeds.
- Uses Tumblr native “tweets.js” script for compatibility with the new Twitter v1.1 API.
v1.0.2 March 05, 2013
- Fixes an issue with photosets not displaying properly on the iPad sometimes.
v1.0.1 January 28, 2013
- Fixes an issue when sometimes images inserted into static pages wouldn’t show up.
v1.0 January 18, 2013
- Initial release
Click here for a list of the resources used in the making of this theme.
Images used in the demos
These amazingly talented illustrators and designers were generous enough to let their work be displayed on the theme demos.
Jira Jiramakorn – http://www.behance.net/JiraJiramakorn
WARHEAD – http://www.behance.net/WARHEAD
Brian Luong – http://www.behance.net/brianluong
Ignacio Valicenti – http://www.behance.net/idvalicenti
Paul Nolan – http://www.behance.net/pnodesign