Supple is a very versatile portfolio theme for Tumblr, aimed mainly at creatives: designer, illustrators, photographers, and any kind of visual artists.
Supple flexible portfolio grid lets you set the number of columns to display for different screen resolutions and devices. Additionally, you can set the grid gutter and the thumbnails proportions: landscape, portrait, square, and anything in between.
- Responsive layout—your portfolio looks great on phones, tablets and desktops.
- Flexible portfolio grid—define your thumbnails aspect ratio: portrait, landscape, square.
- Retina ready—Supple uses a combination of raster and webfont icons and serves high resolution images to high pixel density displays.
- Custom image logo—upload your own standard and high resolution logo images.
- Responsive homepage slider—display up to five image slides, with optional heading and subheading and custom colors.
- Responsive photosets—display your photosets using Tumblr traditional layouts, albeit completely responsive. You can optionally enable a slider for your photoset permalink pages.
- Dynamically load the next set of portfolio projects on the homepage with Ajax.
- Twitter, Flickr, Dribbble and Instagram feeds.
- Spotify support—responsive Spotify embeds that adapt to any screen size.
- Support for all of Tumblr post types, including video from Vimeo and YouTube, SoundCloud and Spotify Embeds.
- Google Web Fonts for body text, heading and titles through the site.
- Social icons: Behance, deviantArt, Dribbble, Facebook, Flickr, Google+, Instagram, LastFM, LinkedIn, MySpace, Picasa, Pinterest, SoundCloud, Twitter, Vimeo, YouTube.
- Disqus comment count and Disqus comment threads.
- Customizable footer: enable or disable individual footer columns and widgets: About, Text Widget, Flickr, Dribbble, Instagram, Ask Me Anything.
- Filter posts by tag—define up to ten custom tags to enable your visitors to sort your portfolio by project type.
- Easy Google Analytics implementation.
- Support for static pages.
- Ask and Submit enabled.
- Optionally disable additional media queries.
- Chock-full of options—all colors can be changed from the customization dashboard, plus there are plenty of options to adapt the theme to your specific needs.
- Comprehensive documentation.
v1.3.2b August 8, 2014
- Fixed: Custom thumbnail images for photo/photoset posts on retina devices.
v1.3.2 July 3, 2014
- Fixed: Automatic video thumbnails when caption isn’t set for the post.
- Improved: Redid the grid logic to prevent unresponsive posts from stalling page loading.
v1.3.1 June 24, 2014
- Fixed: Loading posts with Ajax on tag pages whose tag contains spaces between words.
v1.3.0 June 10, 2014
- New: Options to set number of grid columns for different screen resolutions/devices.
- New: Set a portfolio grid gutter for a gapless grid or separation between thumbs.
- New: Option to display the portfolio grid at full width.
- New: Option to display a “faux” fullwidth footer.
- New: Endless scroll.
- New: Option to display the logo as text.
- New: Option to open permalink pages on new browser tab.
- New: Added Reddit, Spotify, Rdio and Email social icons.
- New: Optionally show “like” and “reblog” buttons on permalink pages.
- New: Custom thumbnail images for Photo and Photoset posts (independent from the ones on the set).
- New: Options to set search-box background color and opacity.
- New: Option to hide the slider on “tag” pages.
- New: Separate configuration options for photoset sliders.
- New: Scroll-to-top button.
- New: Option to use Tumblr’s own lightbox instead of the one shipped with the theme.
- New: Option to cap photosets to a certain width.
- New: Loading spinner to indicate progress.
- Improved: Navigation dropdown menus respond faster to mouse interaction.
- Improved: Faster/smoother animations/transitions whenever possible.
v1.2.0 August 3, 2013
- New: Option to use Google Fonts script subsets to extend the default Latin characters support.
- New: Option to relocate Tumblr controls iframe so it doesn’t conflict with navigation and searchbox on certain screen sizes or devices.
- New: Better options to disable header and footer gradients.
- New: Society6 social icon.
- Fixed: Better support for Tumblr hosted video files.
- Fixed: Increase Ask widget height so the Ask button is visible again.
v1.1.1 June 27, 2013
v1.1 June 10, 2013
- Added options to show “Like” and “Reblog” button on portfolio thumbnails.
- Added social media icons for Blogger, Quora and 500px.
- Added option to prevent image upscaling.
- Minor JavasScript fixes and CSS improvements.
v1.0.3 March 19, 2013
- Improved support for the SoundCloud widget for audio posts embeds.
- Uses Tumblr native “tweets.js” script for compatibility with the new Twitter v1.1 API.
v1.0.2 March 05, 2013
- Fixes an issue with photosets not displaying properly on the iPad sometimes.
v1.0.1 January 28, 2013
- Fixes an issue when sometimes images inserted into static pages wouldn’t show up.
v1.0 January 18, 2013
- Initial release
Click here for a list of the resources used in the making of this theme.
Images used in the demos
These amazingly talented illustrators and designers were generous enough to let their work be displayed on the theme demos.
Jira Jiramakorn – http://www.behance.net/JiraJiramakorn
WARHEAD – http://www.behance.net/WARHEAD
Brian Luong – http://www.behance.net/brianluong
Ignacio Valicenti – http://www.behance.net/idvalicenti
Paul Nolan – http://www.behance.net/pnodesign