With built-in post types for your portfolio, services, staff, FAQs, testimonials and sliders adding content is easier then ever. Plus, with the built-in page template drop-down options you can select any category from your post types to display on a page. This means you can have unlimited portfolios, service pages, testimonial pages..etc!
Surplus has a responsive layout, which means it will resize to fit the size of your screen, from your desktop all the way down to your iPhone. This is ideal for being able to provide all your visitors with a functional website. Of course if you don’t care for the responsiveness and don’t want to load the extra css/js you can disable it via the theme panel.
You can easily change all the colors for the navigation, background and footer via built-in color pickers in the theme panel. There are also over 50 background options already built-in to choose from and you can easily add more options to the admin panel by simply dropping images into the images/bg folder.
Some other great features include…built-in font icon set for choosing service icons, a unique toggle portfolio page (create unlimited of these), tons of single portfolio post options (see below), a toggle notification bar at the top of the page, search box and social icon toggles, ability to change logo text or add image logo, drag-drop homepage modules. And so much more! View all the features below.
Don’t like my current homepage setup? Do not worry there are many other options and arrangements for the homepage. Take a look at a screenshot of the homepage theme panel page – http://1.s3.envato.com/files/24639764/screenshots/03_theme_panel.png
If you want sliders on your pages, this is also available. Create your sliders via the post type and then select the slider you want on your page/post via the drop-down.
Tons of Portfolio Options
Surplus comes with many options for your portfolio pages and also for your portfolio posts. It’s one of the most delicious aspects of the theme, have a look at all the styles below.
All Theme Features
- Clean and minimal Design
- 50+ background options (or no background)
- Unlimited navigation, footer and background color options
- Add sliders to any page or post via a slider category drop-down
- Social option for the header
- Optional header search bar
- Optional header notification area
- Logo upload options for main site and for WP logins
- 8 custom post types
- Content slider
- Image slider
- Homepage Highlights
- Drag & Drop homepage modules
- Image slider
- Content slider
- Blog & Portfolio – option to select specific categories
- Services – option to select specific category
- Blog posts – option to select specific category
- Portfolio Items – option to select specific category
- Static Page
- 14 Page Templates
- FAQs – with sidebar
- Photo Gallery
- Photo Gallery – with sidebar
- Portfolio – standard
- Portfolio – filter
- Portfolio – toggles
- Testimonials – with sidebar
- Excerpts or full entries on the blog page
- Enable disable comments – for pages, portfolio or posts
- Left or right sidebar option (site-wide)
- Enable/Disable the responsive css
- Custom editor columns – makes custom post types pretty in the dashboard
- Styles included for Contact Form 7
- Recent work widget included
- Related portfolio items on portfolio pages (optional)
- Font Awesome Icons – all those icons are fonts, not images – sweet!
- Easily select services or homepage highlight icons via a drop-down option
- Uses WordPress cropping function
- HTMl documentation included
- Small sample data file included (only comes with basic data, not the full demo – so you don’t have to delete a bunch of stuff)
- .PO and .MO files included
- Blank Child theme included that you can use
- Premium support
- And anything else I forgot to mention!