We’re excited to share the next big thing in a new era for Theme Blvd and our flexible new WordPress framework. The Arcadian is our new portfolio theme designed to look beyond the typical corporate mold and give you the ultimate in WordPress creativity.
- HTML5 and CSS tableless design
- Post Formats supported (See Blog)
- Responsive design for all screen resolution sizes
- Option to turn special stylesheet that targets tablets and mobile devices off or on.
- Unbranded Theme Options Panel
- Layout Builder
- Slider Manager
- Widget Area Manager (i.e. Unlimited Sidebars)
- 6 Sidebar Layouts (Watch Video)
- Tons of shortcodes with shortcode generator (See screenshot)
- prettyPhoto lightbox integration (Watch Video)
- Dynamic typography with Google Font Directory support (Watch Video)
- 100% child theme compatible with sample child theme included (Watch Video)
- Optional no-click drop down menus (Watch Video)
- 5 Custom Widgets (Twitter, Video, Simple Contact, Mini Post Grid and Mini Post List)
- Localization-ready (for translation into foreign languages)
- New! – Full WPML compatibility. http://wpml.themeblvd.com
- New! – Sample Data included (Watch Video)
- New! – Developer tutorials for working with our framework. http://dev.themeblvd.com
Free Theme Blvd Addons
- Theme Blvd Admin Presence – Show or Hide theme’s admin pages.
- Theme Blvd Featured Link Override – Set site-wide featured image links.
- Theme Blvd Featured Videos – Replace featured images with embedded videos.
- Theme Blvd Image Sizes – Adjust your theme’s image crop sizes.
- Theme Blvd News Scroller Widget – A widget that scrolls through posts.
- Theme Blvd Piecemaker Addon – Add Piecemaker onto theme’s built-in sliders.
- Theme Blvd Post-to-Page Link – Link a post to a page for modifying the breadcrumb trail.
- Theme Blvd Responsive Google Maps – Responsive Google Map shortcode.
- Theme Blvd String Swap – Quickly translate text strings on frontend of your site.
- Theme Blvd WooCommerce Patch – Adds basic compatibility with WooCommerce.
- Theme Blvd WPML Bridge – Full WPML compatibility. http://wpml.themeblvd.com
- Tweeple – A cool way to setup and display Twitter feeds.
Here is the quick step-by-step guide for how this theme’s demo homepage was setup from the WordPress admin panel. You can find much more information on the following steps in great detail by viewing the documentation that came in your theme’s download package. Keep in mind this is only a quick step-by-step for the theme demo’s homepage and you definitely do not have to setup your site in this way if you don’t want to.
- Install the theme under Appearance > Themes.
- Go to Settings > Reading > Frontpage Displays, and make sure you’ve selected “your latest posts”.
- Go to Appearance > Widget Areas and create a new custom widget area. For its location, select for it to be a “Floating Widget Area.”
- Go to Appearance > Widgets and add the “Search” widget to your new custom sidebar along with the “Theme Blvd Twitter Widget.”
- Go to the Builder page and create a new custom layout. Use “The Arcadian Homepage” as your layout’s starting point. Configure your element settings, including selecting the custom widget area you created in the second column of the Columns element. Then, save the layout.
- Go to Appearance > Theme Options > Content > Homepage, select to show a custom layout, and select the custom layout you’ve created.
For your reference, listed here are all of the image sizes that your images get cropped to when using this theme. If your WordPress installation already has many images uploaded, it’s best to run the Thumbnail Generator plugin after installing the theme.
- Slider Full Width – 940×350 (hard crop)
- Slider Staged Left/Right – 540×350 (hard crop)
- 1/5 Column of Grid – 200×125 (hard crop)
- 1/4 Column of Grid – 240×150 (hard crop)
- 1/3 Column of Grid – 320×200 (hard crop)
- 1/2 Column of Grid – 472×295 (hard crop)
- Small Thumbnail of List – 195×195 (soft crop)
- Small Square – 130×130 (hard crop)
- Smaller Square – 70×70 (hard crop)
- Smallest Square – 45×45 (hard crop)
NOTE: If you require changes to these image sizes, you do have options. Learn More
On the live demo, you will see a section on the main menu called Sample Layouts. Within this theme framework, sample layouts are not anything that require any kind of XML import file. When you go to the Layout Builder to build your custom layouts, you have the option to choose from any of these sample layouts as your starting point.
So, in other words, when you install the theme, you have all of the sample layouts. You don’t need to import anything or perform any additional tasks.
As of June 2013, Twitter has completely cut of v1 of their API along with all RSS feeds, and so the Twitter widget included in the theme will no longer work.
However, since this, we’ve created Tweeple, a free WordPress plugin you can incorporate with your Theme Blvd theme to harness the power of the latest Twitter API.
After you’ve setup your Twitter Authentication settings and configured a Twitter feed, you can use the plugin’s “Tweeple Twitter Feed” widget. —This will give you a similar visual result as the theme’s “Theme Blvd Twitter” widget once did.
We handle all support over at our support forum. Here’s how to get access with your purchase:http://themeforest.net/item/the-arcadian-responsive-wordpress-theme/1266406/support
Listed here all of updates to this theme and when they were posted. In your WordPress admin panel, you can see what version of the theme you’re using by going to Appearance > Themes and looking at the version number next to the name of the theme.
- v1.1.6 – December 24, 2012
- v1.1.5 – August 15, 2012
- v1.1.4 – July 2, 2012
- v1.1.3 – June 2, 2012
- v1.1.2 – May 25, 2012
- v1.1.1 – May 12, 2012
- v1.1.0 – May 7, 2012
- v1.0.3 – January 28, 2012
- v1.0.2 – January 15, 2012
- v1.0.1 – January 13, 2012