Have been loving The Curator since I first got it a few years back. Just uploaded 1.4.5 and solved a few minor glitches (at my end) with support from Chris! It’s not just about having a “cool” product, but also very much about the “after sale” support. Chris is definitely one of the “good guys”. And his theme is also very “cool”. Merci Beaucoup!
Really appreciate the nice remarks! Cheers
Hi Chris !
just saw the update .
van I overwrite the files and it will work fine , or just update if
any issuses occured ?
thanks a lot , greetings from austria
BEFORE YOU UPDATE:
If you’re updating from a version of the theme that required you to install the OptionTree plugin, you’ll need to reapply your theme settings on the customize page and delete the OptionTree plugin as it is no longer required.
If you have additional questions or need help, please post a thread on my support forum: http://themolitor.com/forums
Thanks for purchasing!
For support, please post a thread on my support forum: http://themolitor.com/forums
I have exactly the same problem any way u tell us what to do to fix without registration to your website ?
Error says that on post page
Warning: Illegal string offset ‘embed_content’ in /home/supersog/public_html/artist-tanquerel.com/wp-content/themes/curator/single.php on line 53
Be sure to clear out the custom fields on the post edit screen. For additional support, please use my support forums: http://themolitor.com/forums
I ve read documentation.
It looks the theme make things not super intuitive for customer who whill manage is own website after delivery.
I have a question: How to edit the slideshow and remove an image from slideshow of a post for example.
Doc is not clear about that.
For support, please use my support forums: http://themolitor.com/forums
The support doesnt work i cannot post !!!
Did you register and login? Reference: http://www.themolitor.com/forums/register.php
how many images are loaded at once? if there are a lot it becomes very slow, I suppose. Is it possibile to group posts for year along the timeline?
Thanks for your interest in The Curator!
The amount of images on the page will have an impact on loading times, so that is something to consider. The good news is there are lots of options for speeding up your site (i.e. free WordPress plugins, etc.).
Regarding grouping posts on the timeline, the current options are year, decade, century or millennium.
Hope that helps!
Hi, a true masterpiece! But one single question before purchasing: is possible to have, instead of articles, categories, in the blog?
I’m not sure I understand your question. Can you provide more details?
Yes, in your demo i’ve seen that in the blog page there are many articles but i’d want them to be group into categories. Is it possible in your template?
Yes, you can have as many categories as you like.
I installed the theme, and even with your demo content loaded, none of the images appear in a lightbox. I want it to work the same way as yours, where the image is clicked in the timeline and a lightbox appears where you can view all the images associated with that post.
I don’t see a “purchased” banner on your comment. Did you purchase with a separate account?
For support, please use my support forums as I do not provide support here in the comments: http://themolitor.com/forums
Hello, the lightbox for the gallery is not working unfortunately. Can you help?
I responded to your post on my support forums
Is it possible to have multiple timelines on the front page?
Unfortunately no. Only a single timeline is supported.
Do you support WPML plugin?
The Curator theme is translation ready, but it does not have built-in support for any specific plugin.
These are some pre-purchase questions that I have:
-Is there a refund policy if your theme is not the right fit for me or a trial version/demo available I would be able to get a feel for?
-How are the timeline ‘events/items’ added? Are they posts, their own tab on the wordpress admin menu?
-Is it possible to have navigational categories? (i.e. navigate/jump to year/centenial grouping on click, like 1701-1702 or 1700-1710)
-I notice the use of lightboxes, is it an option to add description to each item as well? I mean to the overview as an excerpt perhaps and the full description on image view.
-How many timelines are able to be made with the theme alone? Just the one on the main page? Are shortcodes available on timeline placement?
-Lastly, is it much of an effort to add timeline events? After I’ve completed the site build, I’d hope to pass it onto our client and I’m hoping it will be as easy as making the event, attaching the photo/text and linking to the/a timeline, or adding the event to the timeline from the timeline.
1. Purchase includes the demo site content. Regarding refunds, those are only issued (by Envato) if there is something wrong with the theme or if it doesn’t function as advertised.
2. Each item in the timeline is a standard WordPress post with a featured image.
3. You can have as many separate timelines (via categories) as you want.
4. The lightbox feature is a plugin that I developed (bundled with theme). It doesn’t currently support descriptions, but I might add that functionality later.
5. Shortcodes are not included.
6. I’m not quite sure what you mean by “add timeline events”. Once you visit the post page, the content is 100% controlled by the WordPress post editor.
Thanks for the quick response Your responses have been helpful, I have a few more questions for further clarification:
1. So there are no means to test the site functionality before purchasing the theme? (read-only admin access or something close to perhaps of the demo or copy thereof)
3. When you mention multiple timelines, do you mean a whole new timeline on another page? (i.e. page1: History of North America, page2: History of Europe) Or a section on the main timeline?
4. What is currently done for the events in terms of text? Is it an excerpt on overview and the lightbox+title on focus? (There’s different text for overall events and items in the events, my question is really asking where the text goes, but this bleeds into my next question)
6. How is the structuring of events/time periods? Such as in the demo there’s two events for 1470s and each of these has multiple items with their own text, separate from the containing event. If multiple timelines are a feature and they’re assigned by category, what groups events into their decade and the items into these events?
-For the decade grouping referred to in (6), is this done automatically and can it be adjusted per timeline? i.e. years for a childhood page and linear (if nothing happened in these years) decade spans.
Lastly, is there an option to navigate to event groupings? (i.e. navigate to 1880s or 1700s in your demo) I personally like the slider and its hover text and think the ability to navigate to an event ‘group’ would be a great feature if it’s not available.
I apologize for the lengthy questions, but some of these questions are as well small features that I wouldn’t mind seeing when I get to work with the theme. I also hope to sync our terminology as much as I can in my questions as to lessen the confusion.
I see you purchased the theme! Thanks!
I just recently purchased your theme and uploaded the demo content, I don’t have the same functionality as the demo has in term of the light boxes.
Here’s the link to my beta http://triwarebeta.ca/cb60/
This site is a fresh wordpress install, what do you think the issue might be?
I’d like to retract my previous comment, installed the zoombox plugin packaged with the theme, though the ‘exit’ button of the plugin is difficult to see. (I think having the option to click out of the lightbox by clicking outside of the image/off image would be a nice touch)
I’ll make a ticket on your support form as well.
Yes, for support please use my support forums: http://themolitor.com/forums
Is it possible to include the timeline in posts?
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $23