This author's response time can be up to 1 business day.
I have purchased this template and I have been looking high and low for the option to add the
“recent/popular/commented/tag” option.. How do I retrieve this option to put on my site. Please help!
-Extremely Satisfied Customer
Please submit all your support questions at http://ghostpool.ticksy.com
Sorry for the inconvenience but we do point this out in the help file, item page and your theme options page.
I went to the support page several times. It won’t let me register. I have also emailed (before you went on Holiday). All I need to know is how to change the “Read more” link from ”>>” to text or a button. THANKS!!!
Again, it’s not allowing me to register for the support page. Also searched the tickets and found no answer.
Plenty of other people have registered to the support forums without any issues, you can also log in via Facebook or Twitter. What do you mean it doesn’t allow you to register do you receive any kind of error?
I’m looking at purchasing your theme and I am wondering if it comes with a child theme?
It doesn’t come with a child theme. Basically all a child theme really is is a new theme folder with a style.css file that loads the parent theme’s own style.css file. To create a child theme see http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes
The theme is fully compatible with child themes.
I’m thinking about buying this theme but first 1 quick question, as far as i can see there is a widget that shows the recent, most popular, commented items in 1 widget but i would like to show those underneath each other. Is there a widget for each 1 separatly?
You can insert the widget multiple times, displaying only one tab each time.
Thanks for your reply! 1 more thing, i was looking at the demo with a android tablet and i noticed there is a problem with the menu system. When i click/push on a menu item for example technology, the sub menu items are shown briefly but since technology links to the technology overview page, the sub menu items disappear when the new page is loaded, because of this you can not acces the submenu items… Is this solved by removing the link on the technology item? Will the sub menu items remain visible then?
I don’t it will be resolved by doing this. Are you using an older version of Android?
the tablet was using Android 4.1.1 (don’t have it here to double check but says so in the specifications list) I tried it on a ipad mini and it doesn’t have this problem, the menu just pops open but the page itself doesn’t change. Bought the theme anyway, i’ll do some testing soon and keep you updated!
AWESOME theme! I mean, this theme is brilliant! The only problem I have is that I can’t find the font used for the logo. If you could let me know, that’d be brilliant. Thanks!
Thanks for the comments. I’ve answered your question over on the support site.
is giving error when I try to buy by paypal. There is another way to acquire. I await the return.
Unfortunately I have no control over the payment processes, I just sell my themes here. You will need to contact Envato support about this issue: http://support.envato.com/
I tried again and I’m not getting. Getting the message below:
We are sorry, we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later. If this error occurred while making a payment, avoid duplicate payments by checking your Account Overview before resending a payment.
For some browsers, this problem can be resolved by clearing or deleting cookies.
Is to generate the payment against payment system.
As I said there’s nothing I can do to help you, the payment process has nothing to do with me. I do not run this site, I just sell my themes here. Please contact Envato about this issue http://support.envato.com/
Hello, I installed the theme but some pages, including the index, are a small problem.
Loads normally then reloads, giving a loop …
Could you explain how to solve this problem?
I have a question before purchasing this theme, which I think is gorgeous- we are photography-centric and one of my partners is concerned about a theme that cuts off a featured image when it is previewed blog-style. So here’s my question: I see that I can enable a single-column blog-style homepage (homepage example 3), but can the featured images be resized instead of cropped to a uniform size? Also, is the blog as fully customizable as the front page?
Sorry for the extreme specificity, I just want to make sure of capabilities before making a purchase
1) You can set the images to be cropped to any size you want. So if you want to prevent them being cut off just specify a really larger cropping width that is larger than the maximum image width and the image will be displayed full size with the height automatically adjusted.
2) Any page can be fully customised with shortcodes. For instance the homepage examples are just ordinary pages with shortcodes.
is it possible to make template narrower? I think grid on desktop is way too wide. Thank you
Yes definitely, the theme comes with options to change the theme width.
That sounds great. So may I change it to 960px width for example?
Yes, any width you want.
what are the differences between the reader and the gossip, I love the twice…. Does the gossip includes visual composer, like the other theme?
Shortcodes are they simple to use for a newbie like me?
The main difference between the themes is that they look different from each other. The Gossip does not come with the Visual Composer currently. Shortcodes are fairly simple to use, I provide plenty of examples on how to use them and the shortcode page shows you all the available options: http://thegossip.wpengine.com/features/shortcodes/
Hello. For my home page I’d like to customize how it looks.
I will use your Home Page as an example of what I’d like:
Where you have “Technology” under the slider, I’d like two have
3 posts that have the larger rectangle image (like your 9 Apps story). Then I’d like to have 9 more stories with the smaller square featured image (like your Turn Your Video-Game Consoles story) .
What kind of short code do I need to do to make this happen?
I’d like the “related stories” widget to automatically appear on the bottom of Posts.
How do I do that without having to individually adding a widget to the bottom of each post. We have 200 posts that we will be flowing in and don’t want to add a widget short code 200 times.
Is this possible?
Hi, GhostPool, a pair of questions if that’s alright.
1) I know the theme is responsive and contracts/expands with the size of the user’s browser, but is there a way to add margins to the edges to make the text less RIGHT UP against the sides? For instance, there is some spacing between the article body and the sidebar. I’d like that kind of spacing on the sides.
2) How are the article header images added to the top of the pages? Are they added automatically by a “featured image” function (which I assume is how the thumbnails are created), or does the user have to add it manually?
1) Yes this is completely possible. You can add margins like you said or via the theme options reduce the widths of the content column and/or sidebar so they are narrower on the page thus creating more space around them.
2) Images at the top of posts are featured images. Featured images on any theme are added manually (how will WordPress know what image to make your featured image). However you can use plugins to automatically make the first image uploaded to a post the feature image for example.
Thanks for the reply. I realized you had answered the first question countless times in other posts after I read some of the old comments, but I couldn’t find a way to edit my post, so sorry about that.
As for #2, what I meant was, are those top images automatically inserted using whatever pic I chose as my post’s “featured image”? I ask because on a lot of my posts already have images up there already, so if the theme automatically puts the featured image up there as well, I will have two images clashing in the same spot (or close enough) if you know what I mean.
Also, does the theme come with its own attachment.php/image.php file? E.g. most of my images are inserted into the post as an attachment file, so they are clickable. I’m wondering if they will have their own php template, or if I will have to put one in myself. Which is doable, but I’d like to know in advance.
2) If the images are set as featured image they will be displayed at the top of the posts, if they’re just inserted into the post they will not display as the featured image. You can also choose to hide the featured image on posts globally or on an individual basis form the theme options.
The theme comes with an attachment.php file – there’s an example of an attachment page here http://thegossip.wpengine.com/music/gangnam-style-is-youtubes-top-trending-video-of-2012/attachment/singing-the-blues-away/
I am a potential buyer
I was wondering what’s the font used in the logo?
The font is called Star Avenue.
I really appreciate your theme, but it would be great if you can add it a fixed menu the most useful and trendy option ! If you do it i will probably buy “The Gosip”
This can easily be done through small CSS changes which I can show you if you decide to purchase the theme.
That’s cool tnx !
I want to put some code inside article.
eg. when you click an article a file holds everything (image, content, title etc)
Which file is it so i can open and put some code manualy?
How do I remove User Rating pages. On the settings panel of the theme I’m not getting.
I’m looking at gossip to use for newspaper. I need to understand some more.
- is it possible to use an approvement process for comments and posts
- can I give different rights for to post
- can I use polls, weather/currency/stocke-xchange/etc boxes
- what are the the differences between jarida and gossip as a media template.
Thanks in advance.
1) Yes, you would need to use a plugin such as Capability Manager that allows users to create posts which would then be drafted until you approved them.
2) I’m not sure what you mean by different rights for posts?
3) You can use polls by using a poll plugin such as http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-polls
You would need to look for plugins for the other features also.
4) Since I did not create the Jairda theme and have never seen it until now I can’t really compare them for you. Both themes list their features and provide demos so it shouldn’t be that difficult to see what each one offers.
I’m having a hard time with this theme. It seems the pages section of this theme guides the whole theme. The home page is coded on the page section of wordpress and when I delete it, it disables the whole theme. It’s very hard to change the theme and customize it the way one wants to. I’m no coder, but I’m familiar with wordpress. Could you help. Take a look at my theme below. Like I said, I deleted the coding that was part of the home page example.
How to remove the date and author name from homepage?
I am using default page as homepage. Page content is just “[posts]”
I have already disabled author, date in THEME OPTION for page and posts.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Why buy with Envato
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.