Last Update: 17 Jan 2016 – The current version is 1.9.4
The Place theme is best suited to build websites for hotel, B&B (bed and breakfast), guesthouse and inn but it’s so versatile that you can use it for everything you want (corporate website, portfolio…)
The Place looks great in every devices: from desktop computer monitors to mobile phone screens.
The color of the main elements of The Place is customizable via color pickers.
Custom backgrounds and Custom headers:
You can easily set a custom background or a custom header for the whole website or for each individual post and page.
Unlimited number of sidebars:
You can create the number of sidebars you want. That means that every single page or post could have a custom sidebar if you wanted to do so.
The Place comes with a powerful Theme Options panel. Have a look at the screenshots here.
Post & Page Options:
The Place theme adds several features to the standard WordPress posts and pages functionalities. These features will help you building each of your post or page the way you want. View a screenshot here.
The Place comes with a simple and efficient Booking System. By using the Booking System you will be able to display the availability of your rooms and you will be able to manage the reservations made through your website. Of course using the Booking System is not compulsory (it is possible to deactivate it in one click from the Theme Options panel). The Place forms also uses Contact form 7 plugin so when a user send a request through a reservation form you will receive it directly in your email box. This email notification can be used on top of the Booking System or without the Booking System. A screenshot of the Booking System pages can be found here.
The Place is internationalized so you can easily use the theme with the languages you want (a .po file is included).
The Place has been tested with sevaral multi-language plugins. It works great with WPML, qTranslate, and Polylang.
Change log:Version 1.9.4 – 17 Jan 16
- fixed the default date of the back-end availability calendarVersion 1.9.3 – 18 June 15
- replaced prettyPhoto lightbox with PhotoSwipe lightboxVersion 1.9.2 – 30 May 15
- fixed a bug with the image resizer script - fixed a minor bug in the Booking System (display issue)Version 1.9.1 – 13 May 15
- fixed a minor bug introduced by the 1.9 versionVersion 1.9 – 22 April 15
- suggested feature: added options to make the header height easier to customizeVersion 1.8.8 – 5 February 15
- set the default date of the back-end availability calendar to the 1st of January, 2015Version 1.8.7 – 10 September 14
- updated Revolution Slider plugin (previous version was 4.3.8 - current version is 4.6)Version 1.8.6 – 5 August 14
- updated the Booking System to make it compatible with the latest version of the Contact Form 7 pluginVersion 1.8.4 – 29 July 14
- fixed a bug: a google map parameter was displayed on the front-endVersion 1.8.3 – 14 July 14
- suggested feature: added options to change the height of thumbnails more easily - suggested feature: added a theme options import / export tool - suggested feature: added a reservations export toolVersion 1.8.2 – 10 May 14
- suggested feature: added a 32px x 32px social icons set - fixed a bug regarding the check-out calendarVersion 1.8.1 – 3 May 14
- suggested feature: added an option to forward a copy of emails sent via the "Booking requests manager" - suggested feature: added an option to display a strikethrough on unavailable dates - fixed an issue with character encoding in the Booking SystemVersion 1.8 – 29 March 14
- added an option to decrease the size of the logo in mobile mode - added a page option to easily translate bits of text that belongs to the theme (it is now possible to translate strings without using .po/.mo files) - added an option to easily display maps in satellite viewVersion 1.7.4 – 4 February 14
- added sticky post support for the sliders - fixed a bug that prevented to navigate in the Booking System availabilty calendar - fixed a bug that prevented to save the Booking System availabilty calendarVersion 1.7.3 – 22 January 14
- fixed minor bugs that prevented W3C validationVersion 1.7.2 – 8 January 14
- requested feature: added a Pinterest icon into the Social Widget - Booking System: set the default date of the admin availability calendar to January 2014Version 1.7.1 – 20 December 13
- requested feature: moving the email subject option field from message settings to message templates in the Booking System settings page - requested feature: adding an option to hide the title on archive category pageVersion 1.7 – 5 December 13
Booking System improvements: - requested feature: added a minimal stay option - requested feature: added a compulsory check-in / check-out day option - requested feature: added message templates (it is now possible to save different message templates and choose which one will be used when replying to a request).Version 1.6.2 – 24 November 13
- fixed a bug in the Booking System that randomly prevented the reservations to be properly confirmedVersion 1.6.1 – 14 November 13
- fixed a bug with the header map (a few customers could not make the map appear on their website) - fixed a bug in the Booking System (refusal messages could not been sent when using the 1.6 version of the theme)Version 1.6 – 21 October 13
- improved the Booking System and the Reservation formsVersion 1.5.2 – 22 September 13
- fixed a bug in the [gallery] shortcodeVersion 1.5.1 – 21 August 13
- fixed a bug that disabled the "Select image" button in the Page & Post OptionsVersion 1.5 – 18 July 13
- added the Revolution Slider pluginVersion 1.4.3 – 8 July 13
- fixed a bug introduced by the 1.4.2 versionVersion 1.4.2 – 7 July 13
- added a few options in the Theme Options panel. Now the color and opacity of the elements of the header (logo background, menu...) can be changed more easilyVersion 1.4.1 – 10 June 13
- fixed a bug in the [button] shortcodeVersion 1.4 – 8 May 13
- added a custom background feature - added a slider that goes at the top of the main content - added a widget gallery - added some options (possibility to move the title (in or above the main content), possibility to move the footer (in or below the main content), option to change the header height, ...) - replaced the full screen slider - changed the demoVersion 1.3.3 – 15 April 13
- fix a bug that came up with the release of a new version of the Contact form 7 pluginVersion 1.3.2 – 4 April 13
- fix a bug (file encoding) that affected a few peopleVersion 1.3.1 – 14 March 13
- fix a bug which disabled the display of room availabilities when using some languagesVersion 1.3 – 21 February 13
- requested feature: added a responsive gallery with thumbnails - requested feature: added a "Received on" field in the "Booking requests" table - requested feature: added an autoplay option for the sliders type a and bVersion 1.2.1 – 12 February 13
- added an option to display a full-width slider on a category pageVersion 1.2 – 21 January 13
- added a full-screen slider - added a requested feature: it's now possible to create an unlimited number of full-width or full-screen sliders - added a requested feature: the admin can allow another user to access only the booking systemVersion 1.1.4 – 17 December 12
- fixed a bug with the headerVersion 1.1.3 – 10 December 12
- added a requested feature: added a room_type parameter to the [calendar] shortcodeVersion 1.1.2 – 2 December 12
- added a requested feature: Google Map headerVersion 1.1.1 – 22 November 12
- fixed a bug introduced by the 1.1 versionVersion 1.1 – 16 November 12
- added full support for multi-language websites (the theme is now fully compatible with qTranslate)Version 1.0 – 1 October 12
- initial release