An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Author support for this item
The author of this item, getbowtied, will respond to buyers’ questions and provide limited support through their own support system.
Additional information from getbowtied:
The scope of the support we’re providing is to help everyone get through the installation and configuration process of the theme.
Supporting your items includes:
- Responding to questions or problems regarding the theme’s features
- Fixing bugs and reported issues
- Providing updates to ensure compatibility with new software versions
Item support does not include:
- Theme Customization and Installation Services
- Requests that require Custom Coding
- Support for third party software and plug-ins
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to find your Item Purchase Code?
The Purchase Code can be found in your ThemeForest account under the Downloads section.
It’s hidden under the Download button, once you click it, a drop-down menu will show up and lead you to the “License certificate & purchase code”.
How to update the theme?
The easiest and safest way is to always update through the Envato Toolkit plugin that comes packed with the theme. The following video tutorial will show you how to do it: http://www.getbowtied.com/documentation/the-retailer/how-to-update-the-theme/.
When to contact Help Team
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Help Team.