An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
Before installation, make sure your server and wordpress meets the following conditions?
- PHP version 5 and above.
- GD library compiled with its version of PHP.
- Mod_security must be disabled.
- WordPress version 3.2 and above.
- Cache – folder used by timthumb to resize images. Note if the images are not showing please set this folder permission to 777.
- Thunder / framework / plugins / timthumb.php Note if the images are not showing please set this folder permission to 755.
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Envato Support.