An introduction to support on the Marketplaces
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on the Marketplaces.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my gallery is not displaying visually like the demo does.
You need to specify the template in the nggallery shortcode:
[nggallery id=2 template=torn]
After the theme installations i get several warning errors.
Use the second installation method.
Upload by FTP:
1. Go to the themes directory in your server with an ftp client. It should be in: your_wordpresss_directory/wp-content/themes 2. Upload the torn folder to the themes directory in your server. 3. When upload is complete login to your wp-admin and click in the Appeareance>Themes tab in the admin sidebar and activate the theme.
How do i set the home page?
1. Login to your wp-admin. 2. Create two WordPress Pages from the “Add New Page” panel. 3. Title one as “Home” as your “static” front page. 4. Set the “Front” template to the default template. 5. Publish the Page. 6. Title the second one as “Blog” This page will be a place-holder for showing the Posts on your site. 7. Do not use a custom Page template for this page! 8. Publish the Page. 9. Go to Administration > Settings > Reading panel. 10. Set which page will be designated the “front” page. Choose from display your latest blog posts on the “Blog” Page and “static page” for the “Home” Page. 11. Enable “Permalinks” to show the “page title” in the address, since /index.php?p=423 defeats the purpose of making a static front page. 12. Save changes.
I get this error and can’t acess my wp-admin unless i delete the theme from the server:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or ‘}’
The feature for the “Portfolio” module require PHP 5 , this error pops if your php installation is php 4 or lower.
You can ask your administrator to upgrade your php installation or wait for a Torn release that will disable the “Portfolio” feature and remove the error.
Solving Broken Theme/Stylesheet Missing WordPress Theme Issues
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using the Marketplaces you should come straight to Envato Support.