An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Author support for this item
The author of this item, Parallelus, will respond to buyers’ questions and provide limited support through their own support system.
Additional information from Parallelus:
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
Heading fonts are not showing for my language (or missing special accent characters). How do I fix this?
The heading font is created using Cufon. If your language is not showing up or special characters like accents are missing there are two things to check.
1) Make sure the font supports your language. You can find information in the help document for all fonts used in this theme. Follow the link in the help document to the download page for the heading font and check the character map to see if it supports the characters you need. If it does not support these characters you can replace the Cufon file with a different font that does support the characters needed, or you can disable Cufon from the theme options (General Options > Miscellaneous > Font Replacement).
2) If the font does support your characters but they are not showing up, you need to recreate the Cufon file (link provided in help document) and make sure to tell the Cufon generator to include these characters.
Why isn’t the image shortcode working?
Image shortcodes should not be inserted with any line breaks or spaces. They are shown with spaces and line breaks in the demo to make them easier to read, but in practice, the WordPress editor will cause problems if the code is formatted. Add the shortcode as a single line without any spaces as demonstrated below:
Is there a security problem with Timthumb?
The latest version of the theme uses TimThumb v2 which was created in response to the TimThumb v1.x vulnerability issue reported in August 2011. This new version corrects the security problem so there is nothing to worry about.
If you’re using Traject v1.2.2 or earlier, downloaded before August 6, 2011, you can update the TimThumb file by downloading the latest version here:http://timthumb.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/timthumb.php
(right click, save link as…, “timthumb.php”)
After downloading the new file go to your theme folder and replace the old file “
includes/timthumb.php” with the new one and you’re done.
If you don’t know about the security issue or want more information visit:
How do I add the “Socialize Much?” icons like the demo site?
This section was added using HTML inserted into the default text widget. The HTML was copied directly from the included files in the “HTML-Version” folder and is also available below.
If your theme folder has been renamed or WordPress is installed in a sub-directory you may need to modify the image paths.
<h2 style="margin-bottom: 1px;">Socialize much?</h2> <ul> <li><img src="wp-content/themes/parallelus-traject/images/icons/social/social_balloon-15.png" alt="RSS" /></li> <li><img src="wp-content/themes/parallelus-traject/images/icons/social/social_balloon-05.png" alt="Twitter" /></li> <li><img src="wp-content/themes/parallelus-traject/images/icons/social/social_balloon-03.png" alt="Flickr" /></li> <li><img src="wp-content/themes/parallelus-traject/images/icons/social/social_balloon-14.png" alt="Facebook" /></li> <li><img src="wp-content/themes/parallelus-traject/images/icons/social/social_balloon-16.png" alt="Technorati" /></li> <li><img src="wp-content/themes/parallelus-traject/images/icons/social/social_balloon-18.png" alt="YouTube" /></li> </ul>
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Envato Support.