Update (22 December 2012)
- Wordpress 3.5 Compatibility
- Better PolyLang support
- Minor bugfixes
Update (25 August 2012)
- Added an option to disable the inclusion of responsive CSS
- Top area code is multilingual now
- Fixed some css bugs
- CSS optimization.
- Fixed some minor bugs
Update (25 July 2012)
(Voting results: Dark Version [ 14% ] vs Carousels [ 86% ] )
- Added Carousels
- Added Dark version (take a look at the screenshot)
- Fixed some gallery bugs
- Fixed some minor bugs
Update (11 June 2012)
(Voting results: Pricing table [ 71% ] vs New Theme [ 29% ] )
- Added pricing table shortcodes
- Fixed YouTube videos responsivity
- Fixed accordions with multiline titles
- Added orange selection color
- Heading font changed to Cabin
- Added missing sidebar area
Update (30 May 2012)
- Velvet Theme works perfectly on Apple iPad and Apple iPhone now
- Changing “All” category name possible. Use alltitle=”your category title” parameter in rainbow_gallery shortcode.
- Fixed some typos in documentation
- Dummy data file included
- Fixed spanish translation(Thank you Manuel Neunteufel)
- Fixed [image] shortcode. Decorations work with external images now
- New color pickers in Rainbow -> Colors and styles
- ATTENTION: gallery shortcode has been renamed to rainbow_gallery
Update (26 May 2012)
(Voting results: Slider manager [ 43% ] vs New Features [ 57% ] )
- Added tabs and accordions
- Added Google map shortcode
- Added new slide2 effect in Rainbow Slider(use effect=”slide2” to check it out)
- Fixed [image] shortcode. You can set align=”center” now.
- Fixed including fancybox js file on some server configurations
- Fixed left arrow image
- Fixed some widgets styles
Velvet theme is a simple, clear and modern WordPress premium theme for business websites and personal blogs. This theme is also suitable for portfolio, photography and any kind of websites.
Search Engine Optimization
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is our priority while designing themes. The Velvet Theme is a great example of that. We took care of the ideal code hierarchy thanks to the correct use of the h1 to h6 tags. As a result, the indexing of a website by the Internet search engines is a way better. H1 tag was used for the title of a website and articles, which will help the Internet users to find the contents of your website easily. Independently of a sidebar location, the source code is created in the way, which allows to index the website contents first and then the sidebar.
Unique support system
We’ve developed the unique support system. Every week we choose two options pointed by users and give you the opportunity to vote for one of them. After one week voting period we start developing the chosen option and give you an update in seven days. This means that buying our themes you have real control of what and when we do. Be prepared for an update available every week!
We’ve prepared our own Rainbow Slider with unique transitions and options.
We use the knowledge of great publishers with long DTP experience of creating clear and beautiful typography. Check it out on our “Typography” demo page.
960 Grid SystemWe use the 960 Grid System. Read more about it here
- full WordPress 3.3+ compatibility
- SEO optimized
- unlimited color variations
- 6 sidebars
- 5 primary navigation layouts
- 200+ fonts available
- built-in shortcodes
- logo uploader
- valid HTML5 code
- customizable background
- filterable images/video gallery
- Nivo Slider
- Rainbow Slider – our customized slider with original transitions
- 3 translations available (English, French and Spanish)
- 100% translation ready (.mo/.po files included)
- social icons
- great documentation
- additional top and footer menus
- 50+ colorful icons included
- beautiful AJAX-based contact form
- compatible with many external plug-ins
- Twitter widget
- and many more…
To create multilangual website based on Velvet Theme please use PolyLang plugin.
To add social buttons please use ShareDaddy plugin.
No photos included, most photos’ licenses are purchased on http://www.fotolia.com/