Vertex is not just an ordinary theme. This theme has some major features that really set it apart from most themes out there. Of course there are all of the standard features that you would expect but let’s take a look at the most powerful ones first.
What are those features?
Rather than having one static set of elements for your homepage, the content editor allows you to choose which type of element you want, what order you want it in, and change just about anything about each block that you wish all with a simple to use drag-and-drop interface. It allows you to create an unlimited amount of layouts for the homepage and also any other page or post.
To truly show the power and convenience of this feature, there is a short video demonstration:
One-Click Custom Color Schemes
This theme not only comes with 24 pre-made color schemes, but there is an incredibly easy to use option to create your own color scheme in any color you want from the theme’s options panel. You simply click a color wheel to select a base color and save and the entire theme will change its color based off of your selected color. What you get is the option to create an unlimited number of color schemes that are exactly the same quality as the ones that come with the theme.
Take a look at the video demo to see how easy and powerful this is:
Unlimited custom widgets
Need a page to have a different sidebar or footer than your other pages? No problem. You can simply create a custom widget area with a couple clicks and then fill it with whatever widgets you want. Now just go into the page that you want the custom widget area on and select it from the widget settings.
You can use this feature to create as many widget areas as you want and use them on any page or post.
Awesome video support
Not only can you add videos to the slider, portfolio, and blog, but this theme will even search out the video’s dimensions and automatically resize it to fit in whichever place you are showing it. All you have to do is click “embed” on your favorite video site and copy / paste that embed code into the video field of your post.
400+ font options
Vertex comes with the option to use 29 different fonts either as your main body font or on select elements. These fonts include web safe fonts like arial and georgia, hand-picked google fonts and @font-face fonts, and cufon.
On top of these, you can add any of the 400+ google fonts available by just copying and pasting one line into the theme options.
Three great sliders
The theme features three very nice slider options to choose from. The headline slider displays post headlines under the slides as navigation, the thumbnail slider features thumb navigation, and the minimal slider is simple yet sharp. Even better yet, all of these sliders can be customized right in the theme’s options and can easily be used on any page.
The theme comes with an 18 page documentation pdf with images to guide you. If there are any questions that are not answered, they will be added and it will be kept up to date.
Incredibly easy to set up!
You can set this theme up in less than 5 minutes with no problem at all. Check out this short video demo of the set up:
Some of the many other features included in Vertex are:
- Valid, clean html
- Great browser compatibility
- Organized and easy to work with code
- Unlimited background colors
- Unlimited portfolios
- Portfolio gallery support
- Great pre-made backgrounds to choose from
- 75+ shortcodes
- Brandless theme options panel
- Validated contact form
- Easy phone & email inclusion
- Options to include 29 different social icons
- Link any post to an external location or a page
Support / Contact / & Updates
- jQuery http://jquery.com/
- Nivo Slider http://nivo.dev7studios.com/
- Cufon http://cufon.shoqolate.com/generate/
- PrettyPhoto http://www.no-margin-for-errors.com/projects/prettyphoto-jquery-lightbox-clone/
- Superfish Dropdown Menu http://users.tpg.com.au/j_birch/plugins/superfish/
- hoverIntent http://cherne.net/brian/resources/jquery.hoverIntent.html
- Malsup Form http://malsup.com/jquery/form/
- MySiteMyWay (Wordpress shortcode fix) http://www.mysitemyway.com
- Rohan Mehta – Wordpress Admin Options http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/wordpress/how-to-create-a-better-wordpress-options-panel/
- nexgen wordpress gallery plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/nextgen-gallery/
- jquery easing http://gsgd.co.uk/sandbox/jquery/easing/
- Minimalist Icons http://gentleface.com/free_icon_set.html
- Social Media icons http://lifetreecreative.com/icons/
- Splashy Icons http://splashyfish.com/icons/
- WooFunction Icons http://www.woothemes.com/2009/09/woofunction-178-amazing-web-design-icons/
- Function Icons http://wefunction.com/
- jquery tabSlideOut http://wpaoli.building58.com/2009/09/jquery-tab-slide-out-plugin/
- Cufon / @font-face / google fonts included: arimo, chivo, droid sans, droid serif, lato, nunito, open sans, philosopher, pt sans, yanone kaffeesatz, bergamo, classicround, comfortaa, dayroman, droid, gnuolane, goudy, mentone, merge, opensans, qlassik, arial, atfant, babelsans, cabin, dejavu sans condensed, delicious, ptn57f, union
Amazing photos used in demo from our great photoden photographers: