An introduction to support on the Marketplaces
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on the Marketplaces.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Hands-on support for this item is provided by phpface
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to add the video in WP default Feed channel?
domain.com/folder_installed_wp/feedYou can get video feed channel at
domain.com/folder_installed_wp/video/feedOr install videotube add-on plugin to show the video in default channel
Where is the Register Form in Login/Register page? I don’t see it.
The Register Form is displayed if you enable Membership feature, go to Settings/General, tick on Membership checkbox and click Save Changes button, http://puu.sh/7Uhng.png
How to show the Login/Register page?
Step 1 Create new or edit existing page.
- Enter Title
- Enter [videotube_login] shortcode. (See image)
Click on Update/Publish.
Step 2 Go to Theme Options > Login/Register section
Step 3 On Login/Register dropdown, choose the page you just created, http://puu.sh/7SRDv.png
How to access the Video archive page?
You can access the video archive page (not video category page) by put video word in the end of the main domain url.
Why I can not select the Category in Upload Form?
Go to EBS Settings, choose “Use from theme or any other plugin” in Bootstrap JS File, IE6+ compatibility JS File and Bootstrap Styling CSS File section, and update the settings ==> http://puu.sh/88aTa.png
How to resolve the 404 error?
Go to Settings/Permalink and click Save Changes button.
I don’t see the Video Category in left section in Appearance/Menus?
How To Translate Videotube?
Videotube support multi-language, so you can translate it in your language by step by step as below, its so easy.
- Download Poedit (Windows & Mac versions available) & install it on your computer
- Start the software and click on the “Open” button
- Browse to wp-content/themes/videotube/languages/ directory.
- Open the file default.po
- Translate each line using the Translation box
- Save the translated file and name it as follows: code_COUNTRYCODE (eg. en_GB.po / fr_FR.po … for more info, pls visit http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress)
- 2 files will be created: 1 .po file and 1 .mo file
- Copy those 2 files in wp-content/themes/videotube/languages/ folder.
- Open wp-config.php, change define(‘WPLANG’, ’’); to define(‘WPLANG’, ‘code_COUNTRYCODE’);
I can not figure the Register Form?
Go to Settings/General, check on Membership checkbox and save change.
How to add LIKES, VIEWS number in Backend?
How to disable the YouTube logo in the YouTube embeds?
The theme display the Youtube Logo by default, but you can hide it by installing VideoTube Modestbranding plugin.V1.0.3
Added: disable the video title.V1.0.2
Added: disable the annotations.V1.0.1
Added: disable the related videos.
How to add “Register” link in VT Login/Profile Widget?
1. Install VideoTube Register Link plugin.
2. Go to Settings/General, check on “Membership” checkbox and save change the settings http://puu.sh/8zIDA.png
How to install the main homepage?
Step 1 Create new or edit existing Homepage (if you have imported demo XML), (See image)
- Enter Title
- Choose Main HomePage in the Page Template dropdown section in the right sidebar.
Click on Update/Publish.
Step 2 Go to Settings > Reading
Step 3 In the “Front page shows as” option, chose “A static page” and then choose the Homepage page you just created. (See image)
Step 4: Drag in all the widgets you like (See Image)
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using the Marketplaces you should come straight to Envato Support.