• Added option to let only logged-in visitors/users submit a rating
• General maintenance
• Added CAPTCHA option for visitor rating forms
• Added option: Use both Author and Visitor ratings at the same time
• Widgetized top right header
• Disable/Enable plusses and minors of ratings
• Put regular Wordpress comments inside review posts ( also together with the ratings )
• Add custom fields to the ratings and rating form ( text, textarea, select )
• Option set to submit rating only once per IP per review
• Page template for showing a certain review type sorted by rating
• Top # Rated widget for one selected review type only
• Change and set header height by option
• Thanks to everyone with their great feedback
* Please read the instructions when updating
• Merry christmas!
• Wordpress 3.5 checked and compatible
• Added homepage builder section to show review posts ordered by rating
• Added homepage builder section option for showing posts all categories
• Added homepage section for wide 1 column posts layout overview with large thumb
• Added separate blog/archive template with 3 post layout options
( Please note when updating: See FAQ or in instruction doc )
• Added Twitter widget using new twitter api ( uses oAuth, see below)
• Added an ads manager along with shortcode and widget usage ( see below )
• Added fullscreen background options to pages and created review/post types
• Fixed some minor bugs
• Added Google fonts options panel ( see below )
• Added Google Rich snippets for review posts ( see below )
• Added ‘link’ specification type in post/review type creator ( link a spec to a URL )
• Added option to have a wider sidebar of 280 pixels wide ( in large view )
• Added option for each post to control whether it’s shown in the slider or not
• Added option to remove homepage slider
Easy but powerful post/review type creator
With view:r you can create post types to use for review posts, setup a simple catalogue or whatever you want.
For each type you create you set set several rating options, change the order of the sections in the review template and also set different section titles and also disable the sections you don’t use.
For each type there are the following section: Average rating section, Content section, Specifications section, Photos section, Youtube section and the visitor rating/review section.
Besides the rating and sections options you can define a set of specifications which later on you can fill out when posting new review posts.
There are several specification types you can set: Textual value, Unit based value, Select value ( set up different choises ), Yes/No value, value with a link, and date values ( uses a datepicker ).
You can drag and drop change order of the specification list. Also you can specifiy which specification should be at the top of the review page. This way you can setup a post with some genereal specifications at the top, and the complete specification list in a separate section.
When posting a post in a created review/post type you can setup an image and youtube video gallery.
The created post types make use of the normal post category taxonomy so you can mix them up with your regular posts.
More about the rating module
The rating module is a complete separate module. So it’s not just an extension of the regular Wordpress comments.
For each post/review type you create you can either dissable user ratings, or set it as one general rating, or define multiple rating criteria ( as many as you like ).
Next to the rating visitors also can submit plusses and minors with their rating/review.
Besides setting rating options, you can set rating capabilities at each review post you create. With this setting you can either choose to set the rating only by author, or set it so site visitors can submit their own review/rating.
Furthermore visitor submitted ratings must be approved before it’s shown on the site. Next to approve submitted ratings you also could edit, delete, spam and trash them.
More that just responsive
Besides View:r is responsive, it also has build-in mobile and tablet detection features. If you watch a review post on a tablet or on your phone, the gallery will be a touch enabled swipe slider.
Also you can separatly setup rating input styles for mobile/tablet. You can choose to use slider input, or the touch enabled knob plugin which works realy great on touch devices.
On the last 2 smallest sizes the menu is replaced by a touch mobile friendly app-like menu. So no ugly form select to navigate.
Besides setting up a logo for the regular site, you can upload a logo/icon used on the smallest version of the site, wich then also will be used on mobile devices.
Google fonts and more themeoptions
Choose and set multiple Google fonts and weights/styles, configure colors and layout to make the theme your own.
Google rich review snippets
The review posts are configured with the Google rich snippets. Now google recognizes the reviews as a true review and shows the ratings in their searchresults.
Go ahead and test a review post from the preview ( http://viewr.chapterthemes.com/preview2/outfits/sasha-r-shortpants/ ) with the Google rich snippet testing tool ( http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets )
Ad manager with shortcode and widget usage
Add ads or affiliate codes and use the included widget to display an ads in one of the widget areas. With the widget you can choose between all the ads you’ve added.
Also every added ad can also be inserted inside the content of a post or page by using the shortcode.
Twitter latest tweets widget ( using oAuth and new Twitter API )
Shows your latest tweets by adding the twitter widget to one of the widget areas. This widget uses the new twitter API and oAuth, so it’s future proof to work.
High resolution retina design
Every design element which uses images makes use of media queries to serve higher resolution images/icons to get a sharp view.
For the logo’s you upload and use you can manualy set the size to create a sharp logo on a retina display.
View:r comes with a set of custom widgets. There are widget to create a top rated ranking or show the latest user submitted ratings/reviews.
Setup a ticker/marquee bar under the homepage slider. Easily control the content through the ticker post-type.
Homepage layout builder
To setup your homepage with View:r you use the homepage builder. An easy module to setup the layout of your homepage.
Setup different sections with their title and mix and match up to 4 different post layouts and get the layout you want.
More details worth to mention
- Translation ready
- Retina ready design
- Fullscreen background options ( also per post )
- Notification bar slideout. Could be set to auto-expand on first visit.
- Easily create columns directly inside the editor
- Very customizable
- Theme Options panel with color settings and theme options
- Clean styled native WP gallery
- All unbranded
- Instruction videos
Need help with something? Just drop a line in the comments and we’ll work it out!
Used photos in preview
Flickr Creative Commons
Blender open source