Volt is a responsive WordPress theme designed for online magazine, news and editorial ventures. With content and readability being primary goal, the theme is designed with flexible layout pattern and decent space for advertisements. Volt comes with layout swapping option that will let you move site content in desirable location, and is helpful when you are experimenting with visual hierarchy and user eye pattern. Backed with custom widgets, visual short codes, exclusive widget areas and custom page templates, the theme is envisioned to provide you more flexibility and ease-of-customization for your online editorial projects.
- Clean design, WordPress 4.3+ Ready
- Responsive / Retina ready. (Responsiveness can be disabled from theme options)
- RTL Language Support
- Multi columnar Layout
– Three Columnar: Content + Wide Sidebar A + Narrow Sidebar B
– Two Columnar: Content + Wide Sidebar A
– Two Columnar: Content + Narrow Sidebar B
- WooCommerce ready
- 6 Layout Swapping options for content and sidebars
- Posts Slider using jQuery FlexSlider
- Slider and Post shortcodes supporting query from categories, tags, page/post IDs, Custom Post Types
- jQuery powered WordPress menus in two locations
- Sticky menu support for top menu and main menu
- Built in social sharing buttons for single posts (Facebook, Twitter, GooglePlus, Pinterest and LinkedIn)
- 7 widget areas (one in header, two in sidebars and four in footer)
- Exclusive sidebar widget areas per page and post
- WordPress custom background supported
- Shortcodes in visual editor with individual options
- Custom page templates for archive and page layouts
- Unbranded Theme Options Panel
- Custom page and post options panel
- 6 custom widgets (flickr, social icons, recent posts, popular posts, custom categories, mini folio)
- Built in ajax/php contact page template with validation
- Single post features include author bio, related posts and multi-level threaded comments with gravatar support
- Inline advertisement blocks for single posts. Managed via post options panel
- Style elements like tabs, accordion, lists, buttons, boxes, etc.
- Language localization using .po and .mo files. (Dummy file included)
- Sample dummy data in text and XML format
- Step-by-step guide and detailed documentation for theme installation and configuration
- Supported on all major browsers
July 30, 2015 – Version 3.5
- Compatibility update for WordPress 4.3+
- Updated WP_Widget constructor method in all widgets
- Updated TGM plugin activation class to v2.5.2
June 17, 2015 – Version 3.4
- Added multiple post type support in slider and post shortcodes. e.g. [three_col query_type=”cpt” post_type=”product,portfolio,books”]
- Added filters for post and slider shortcodes output
- Added filters for recent/popular post widget output
- Updated prettyPhoto JS library for XSS vulnerability fix
Apr 25, 2015 – Version 3.3
- Added stretched layout option in ‘Volt Options > General’
- Added previous/next post navigation support in single posts
- Added featured image caption support in single posts
- Added reddit social share button for single posts
- Fixed output headers notice in Theme Options
- Changed heading class name entry_title to entry-title
- Updated TGM plugin activation class to v2.4.1 (XSS vulnerability fix)
- Updated Facebook social share API to v2.3
- Updated Fontawesome icons to v4.3 and included the native CSS. Now you can use font icons as shown here
Feb 13, 2015 – Version 3.2
- Updated theme for WooCommerce 2.3+
- Updated child theme to load parent styles via functions.php (removed @import)
- Added theme support for automatic title tag generated by WordPress
- Added Vine and Reddit icons in social widget
- Modified search template to show posts in same style as chosen in global archive settings
- Fixed localization support in Volt Shortcodes plugin
Sep 18, 2014 – Version 3.1
- Updated theme template files for WooCommerce 2.2+
- Updated shortcode JS files for WordPress 4.0+
Sep 03, 2014 – Version 3.0
- Added shortcodes and widgets as pre packed plugin
- Added sticky navbar support for top menu and main menu
- Added html5 searchform support
- Added slideshow autoplay disable option in slider shortcode
- Fixed WooCommerce shopping bag link in which subtotal was shown without tax
- Updated all social icons with latest fontawesome icon set
- Improved custom JS code with JSLint validation
- Improved headers encoding in contact page template
May 05, 2014 – Version 2.9
- Added VK and Yandex Social sharing in single posts
- Added favicon and Apple touch icon support in Theme Options
- Fixed breadcrumbs category parent bug
Mar 12, 2014 – Version 2.8
- Added multisite blog support in slider and post shortcodes
- Added WooCommerce cart, custom text and searchform option in top utility bar
- Added option to show/hide top utility bar
- Added new/retina ready icons in Social widget
- Added Google font support via theme options
- Added new/improved responsive drop down menu
- Added word length option for excerpt in archives. (Useful for Chinese language)
- Improved Custom Post Type query in slider and post short codes. Now posts can be shown using ‘post type’ name
- Improved WooCommerce responsive styles
- Enabled sticky posts in archives and widgets
Feb 25, 2014 – Version 2.7
- Theme made compatible with WooCommerce 2.1+
- Updated FlexSlider and PrettyPhoto plugin files
Sep 12, 2013 – Version 2.6
- Added image size options in Theme Options panel
- Added Child Theme in main download
- Improved WooCommerce shop styles
- Localized translation strings in JS file
- Fixed deprecated function in page titles
June 04, 2013 – Version 2.5
- Fixed translation in theme options pages
- Fixed Sidebar-B swapping bug for WooCommerce pages
Apr 02, 2013 – Version 2.4
- Theme made fully responsive
- Replaced Cycle Slider with FlexSlider
- Added Custom Post Type support on Slider and post short-codes
- Slider and post images linked to single posts instead of lightbox
- Fixed breadcrumbs code for attachment pages
- Improved RTL version with support for responsive design
- Updated framework for latest WP version (3.5+) and plugins
- Removed Timthumb version, content slider widget, and mini slider widget
Oct 13, 2012 – Version 2.3
- Fixed Twitter widget API call
- Added ‘Group’ selection for Flickr Widget
Oct 01, 2012 – Version 2.2
- Fixed CSS for slider heading links (medium and large slider)
- Fixed CSS for two col post headings
Sep 19, 2012 – Version 2.1
- Re-structured theme headings for SEO
- Improved post meta section
- Fixed media query call for smartphone CSS
Aug 15, 2012 – Version 2.0
- Theme upgraded to WP 3.4.
- Added pagination support in single posts.
- Added comment count in thumb_list short code.
- Added 7 new page templates, including one list style blog template.
- Fixed markup bug in social links widget.
- Added Theme Options feature to hide category titles on single post and archives.
- Made theme functions pluggable.
- Added default sidebar.php file. (The theme uses two sidebars whereas a default sidebar is required by some plugins).
- Added native support for WooCommerce Plugin. (Basic structure support. Styles will be inherited from plugin).
May 22, 2012 – Version 1.9
- Added “query from tags” option to slider and post short codes.
- Added Breadcrumbs. The feature can be enabled from theme options.
- Added pinterest, skype, yahoo, netvibes, and updated google+ in social widget.
- Replaced stumbledupon with pinterest on single post social sharing.
- Conditional script loading on theme options and other parts of the theme.
- Updated timthumb.php file for timthumb version of Volt.
Apr 19, 2012 – Version 1.8
- Integrated Facebook Open Graph Meta tags for FB sharing on single posts. This was required for proper content and image detection by FB share.
March 02, 2012 – Version 1.7
- Fixed a page title bug on Search Results Page.
- Added iPhone specific viewport meta tag for 100% scaling.
- Added an option for turning off automatic loading of mobile CSS.
Feb 01, 2012 – Version 1.6
- Added two more layout swapping options. C-B-A and A-B-C
- Date format adapted from WordPress settings.
- Added short-code for two columnar post list with big thumbnails.
Jan 16, 2012 – Version 1.5
- Added LinkedIn social sharing for single posts.
- Added “Thumbnail + Title” style for Related Posts.
- Slider and Post short codes modified to populate from category, selective pages or selective posts. These posts/pages can be sorted by title, author, random, or last modified. Check Options
- For details on which files to add/replace, kindly check version_details.txt file inside your download zip.
Jan 06, 2012 – Version 1.4
- Added CSS for Languages with RTL orientation.
- Added Mobile version CSS for SmartPhones with portrait and landscape orientation.
- Added a short code for posts with big thumbnails left aligned.
- Files to add/replace:
Dec 23, 2011 – Version 1.3
- Added an optional theme without timthumb. Now you can have native WP Thumbnails.
- Added two more templates for default category/archive/tag/author pages.
- Single post advertisements made global. You need not update all posts. Same ad can be shown on all posts. Each post can override the global ad, and can have it’s own ad too.
- Short codes enabled for advertisement areas in single post. You can also hide ads per post.
Dec 17, 2011 – Version 1.2
- Added multi columnar layout for blog. You can now create a two columnar layout with sidebar A or sidebar B.
- Added advertisement blocks above and below single post content. Can be managed via post options panel, per post.
- Fixed a validation issue for prettyPhoto rel attribute.
Dec 13, 2011 – Version 1.1
- Added social sharing buttons for single posts.
- Added a navigation menu on top section for pages.
- Added multiple sized sliders for use on different layout pages.
- Added more post list short codes to show 4 columnar and 5 columnar list.
- Added visual short codes to insert these sliders and posts.
Sources and Credits
I have used images for live preview from the following artists, as listed:
Some images from Fotolia with regular license purchase.
Above mentioned images are copyrighted to their respective owners, and are Creative Commons-licensed for commercial use, adaptation, modification or building upon. The images are used for demo purpose and are NOT included with the download. I am grateful to all these artists/photographers for providing the content for use under ‘Creative Commons’ for the community.
Thank you for stopping by and browsing my theme. If you have any questions related to the theme, you can ask on the comments section, or drop me a mail from my profile message box. I’d be glad to respond to your queries.