An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Author support for this item
The author of this item, kubasto, will respond to buyers’ questions and provide limited support through this item’s comments.
Additional information from kubasto:
- Responding to questions or problems regarding the item and its features
- Fixing bugs and reported issues
- Providing updates to ensure compatibility with new software versions
- Customization and installation services
- Support for third party software and plug-ins
If you need to contact me directly, please use contact form on my profile page.
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why I see blank page or/and error message after activating the theme?
Rescue solution: to get access to WordPress dashboard back (with no PHP 5.3), you have to access server files by FTP, and remove (or change name) of the theme folder:
Website theme requires at least version 5.3 of PHP on server. Make sure your hosting server has at least PHP v5.3. If not, check if you can change it in your hosting dashboard panel. In most cases there is such option, but if not, ask your hosting provider to switch/update PHP on your server to at least 5.3 version. If your hosting provider uses older version and refuses to update it, I would change hosting provider at that point, because it means you are stuck with 8-years-old, not updated and not supported software.
If you can’t switch PHP on your server, you can use older version of the theme, which is included to the package in the
old_versionfolder – this version doesn’t require PHP 5.3. But I would use this only as a temporary solution.
Why images are messed up after theme update to version 5.0+?
Version 5.0 brings many changes associated with replacing old technologies with new ones. To make the update from versions prior 5.0 successful, you should perform the following steps:
- After updating the theme, rebuild images in the Media Library using the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin.
- Edit all Sliders in the Dashboard, which are Slider + two banners type to make sure there are images specified in Additional banner 1/2 boxes. These fields might be emptied if there ware images not form Media Library used before. Upload image if needed and click Update (also if the image is fine).
My menu has changed after theme update, what to do?
New version of the theme comes with new, independent menu locations for desktop and mobile versions, and as a side effect the old locations are no longer visible, sorry. To quick fix it: Go to Appearance / Menu and reselect your menus in desired locations.
I don’t see Galleries and Portfolios in the Menu selection.
Enable them in Screen Options of the Appearance / Menus (on the top of the screen).
My Twitter feed stopped working, why?
Twitter service has changed its API, and switched the old one off, so it stopped working. Please update the theme to the newest version, which supports the new Twitter API, and configure it. Configuration guide is in the theme documentation.
Images on my site doesn’t appear, why?
- Make sure you don’t have unnecessary
<script>tags in Theme Options / Advanced/ Custom JS. Place just pure JS code there.
- If you have theme version older then 5.0, make sure the data/cache folder in the theme’s folder has 777 permissions. If you don’t know how to change it, use this tutorial.
When to contact Help Team
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Help Team.