An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Author support for this item
The author of this item, kubasto, will respond to buyers’ questions and provide limited support through this item’s comments.
Additional information from kubasto:
- Responding to questions or problems regarding the item and its features
- Fixing bugs and reported issues
- Providing updates to ensure compatibility with new software versions
- Customization and installation services
- Support for third party software and plug-ins
If you need to contact me directly, please use contact form on my profile page.
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to install the theme?
From chapter 1 of the documentation included to the theme: Make sure you upload just the website folder from the package downloaded from ThemeForest (zipped if you use WordPress theme uploader).
How to update theme?
1. Re-download theme from ThemeForest (it’s always the recent version here).
2a. If you use WordPress theme installer: delete the old version and install the new one (remember to upload just the website folder from the package downloaded from ThemeForest).
2b. If you want to do it the pro way :
Using an FTP client, upload new files, replacing the old ones.
No settings will be lost (unless you’ve modified theme files).
New theme versions (since version 4.0) have a built-in updater, so it’s just a few clicks in the dashboard.
Images on my site doesn’t appear, why?
1. Make sure you don’t have unnecessary
<script> tags in Theme Options / Advanced/ Custom JS. Place just pure JS code there.
2. Make sure the data/cache folder in the theme’s folder has 777 permissions. If you don’t know how to change it, use this tutorial.
My menu has changed after theme update, what to do?
New version of the theme comes with new, independent menu locations for desktop and mobile versions, and as a side effect the old locations are no longer visible, sorry. To quick fix it: Go to Appearance / Menu and reselect your menus in desired locations.
I don’t see Galleries and Portfolios in the Menu selection.
Enable them in Screen Options of the Appearance / Menus (on the top of the screen).
My Twitter feed stopped working, why?
Twitter service has changed its API, and switched the old one off, so it stopped working. Please update the theme to the newest version, which supports the new Twitter API, and configure it. Configuration guide is in the theme documentation.
When to contact Help Team
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Help Team.