An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Author support for this item
The author of this item, bwsm, will respond to buyers’ questions and provide limited support through their own support system.
Additional information from bwsm:
- Responding to questions or problems regarding the item and its features
- Fixing bugs and reported issues
- Providing updates to ensure compatibility with new software versions
- Customization and installation services
- Support for third party software and plug-ins
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to install the theme?
Using the ThemeForest ZIP file directly will result in a “Missing Style Sheet” error.
You need to unzip ThemeForest ZIP file, find the webzine folder and package it as webzine.zip file. Goto Wp-admin “Appearance – themes – add new” and upload this webzine.zip file.
How to get the version of theme?
Please go to Appearance > theme in Wp-admin.
Is it possible that the slide link to post, page or gallery?
Yes, the link of slide could come from a post, gallery, page or link from other websites.
Recommended size of slide image.
In fullwidth page: 940px x 373px
In page with sidebar: 625px x 415px
Or bigger than the size, wordpress can automatically resize them.
How to make the main menus?
You can create main menu by the Wordpress menu system (admin Appearance – Menus). Select the menu you have created in Theme Locations box
How to set the frontpage?
Navigate to Settings > Reading, make sure the “static page” option is selected, and select the page which you want to make it as frontpage . Check the screenshot bellow:
How to set the slider?
1.Enter page edit and select a list template, e.g. “fullwidth”.
2.Then the Slide Settings area will be light, you can set the style of slide, images order, speed and so on.
3.Add images you want to make as slide by “upload media” moudle from your computer. (Note: Recommended slide-image size is 940px x 373px for fullwidth page and 625px x 415px for page with sidebar)
4.Click on Gallery tab and find the upladed images a second ago.
5.You can make the settings in this window:
The title is required.
Block color is the color to show for the particular box in Block Slide. You could input the link into the Slide link, you could give a link for every image in slide, this link could comes from a post, gallery, page or link from other websites.
How to make the waterfall list page?
1. Add a category, give it a name like “music”.
2. Put some about “music” posts into the “music” category. You need to set a list-layout for every post(screenshot:http://d.pr/OHhE).
3. Add a page named(title) whatever like “music”; Select template like “list fullwidth”, the Custom Fields area should be lighted. Select “music” from List-Category in List Settings panel ( screenshot:http://d.pr/cm26 )
How to set the post image displayed in list page?
1) Click add media button (screenshot:http://d.pr/rZ8A)
2) Upload image from computer (screenshot: http://d.pr/lE0g)
3) If you upload one more images, the latest image will be displayed in list page (screenshot: http://d.pr/FHBt)
How to stop the submenu jump if without subtitle in level one menu?
Please go to “webzine > HEADER” in leftbar of wp-admin page, make the “Hide subtitle of menu” option selected.
When to contact Help Team
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Help Team.