An introduction to support on the Marketplaces
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on the Marketplaces.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Hands-on support for this item is provided by Laborator
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
Common issue with Twitter widget.
Note: This fix can applied only if you have version 1.x.x, not in v2.x.0
If you encounter in this error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IF in /home/public_html/wp-content/themes/zinc/inc/lib/twitter_get_status.php on line 1Then the content of twitter_get_status.php is broken so here is the original file to fix this issue: http://cl.ly/Rt60
1. Download the file, extract it
2. Go to your WordPress theme directory, exactly at: ~/wp-content/themes/zinc/inc/lib/
3. Replace the extracted file and the fix should work for you.
If the problem still persists follow these steps:
1. Open the downloaded file (contents of twitter_get_status.php) select all and copy.
2. Open twitter_get_status.php in your server and paste the copied content then save file.
[Laborator Import Content Plugin] I cannot download Media Files?
Depending on your PHP configuration the download of media files of demo site may be impossible because of the size of media folder.
There is other alternative to achieve this, just follow the steps below:
1. For Demo content of http://zinc.laborator.al media files can be downloaded on this link:http://zinc.laborator.al/wp-content/uploads/media-files.zip
2. After you download this ZIP file upload it to your site and place it on ./wp-content/
3. Via cPanel, open File Manager and head to this path, and extract the directory and you are done.
Theme Skins issues, I have updated the theme but the Skin still is the same?
All theme skins are compiled to CSS once and they remain there until you update them (via WP Admin Panel).
So, here are the steps to follow in order to re-compile the theme-skin and get the latest one (with recent release of Zinc)
1. Go to Laborator > Skin Builder 2. Choose the skin you are already using 3. Click “Edit” 4. Go to the end of page and then click the button “Edit Theme Skin”
Your skin is re-compiled.
Another alternative is to delete manually the files inside ~/wp-content/themes/zinc/css/skins/ so the theme will by default re-compile the skin (LESS file).
Note: If you have applied the skin color via “Theme Options”, do not forget to just “Save” the options (Appearance > Theme Options) and you are done.
How do I update the theme?
1. Go to Envato Toolkit tab (firstly activate it on: Appearance > Install Plugins)
2. Here you type your username MyEnvatoUsername and your purchase code of Zinc theme that can be found on Downloads page on ThemeForest, example: http://d.pr/i/Kpho
3. When new update its ready, you’ll see a notification and just like other themes, you click Update button for the current theme (Zinc) right from this page.
How to update Visual Composer (or any other plugin)?
With new update of Zinc theme it happens that external plugins needs to be updated.
To update a specific plugin, for this example we will take “Visual Composer” here are the steps:
1. Go to Plugiins, find “WPBakery Visual Composer” plugin
2. Click “Deactivate”, after pages refreshes “Delete” the plugin in word
3. Go to Appearance > Install Plugins, find the Visual Composer plugin and start the process of Install/Activate.
4. You are done.
The same steps can be repeated for other plugin updates that are included.
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using the Marketplaces you should come straight to Envato Support.