Portfolio Web Template for Creative Pros
This one page portfolio template was built for graphic designers, photographers, illustrators, artists and other creative freelance pros who want a simple, elegant and effective way to showcase projects and promote services. It was designed to immediately show the visitor the two most important things: your name and your work.
The gallery is filterable and paginated — and its lightbox has space for project descriptions — so you can create a truly robust portfolio site. Add as many images or videos as you want and assign them to as many categories as you want. Clicking the menu zips the user down to information about you, your services, testimonials and contact details. The contact section has social media icons, an optional map and PHP-powered contact form. Light and dark styles are included to suit your taste.
“Thank you for the quick reply and thank you for an amazing template! I’ve been looking for years after a good single-page portfolio template for my art that I can tweak a little bit to suit my needs and this did it.” — phishbag
“You basically hit the nail on the head when you designed a very simple theme without any frills for artists and photographers who just want to put their work out there. Excellent Support.” — sl1ng5h0t
“The Zipfolio site template was exactly what I was looking for. It’s an excellent format, and very easy to use.” — DewDee
Light and Dark Styles
Zipfolio comes with light and dark styles. Click the Live Preview button above to see them in action.
- Full-featured portfolio
- Category filters with Quicksand transitions
- Items can belong to multiple categories
- Pagination (no running out of space)
- Show images, videos (YouTube, Vimeo, Quicktime) and Flash
- Lightbox with title, description and prev/next
- Preloading with scrolling page load effect
- Hover thumbnail titles
- Minimalist design
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Single page with smooth section scrolling
- Fixed menu (always in view)
- Custom heading font (Lato Black)
- Light and dark styles
- About with photo, skills and experiences
- Services section
- jQuery Masonry Testimonials
- Optional Google Map
- Social media icons
- PHP Contact Form
- Includes support, documentation and well-commented code
Support is Provided
If you have a question that is not answered in the Documentation or if you discover a problem, you can submit a support request via the form on my Profile Page (must be logged in to see it). My goal is to answer questions within 24 hours on weekdays (excluding US holidays and the rare period of travel).
Please Note: Support is provided for template features and problems. Customizations not included.
The current version is 1.0.6 (February 26, 2013). View the Changelog in the online documentation.
Sources & Credits
- jQuery (MIT or GPL license)
- Modernizr (MIT, BSD) by Faruk Ates, Paul Irish and Alex Sexton
- Quicksand (MIT, GPL) by Jacek Galanciak
- prettyPhoto (CC BY 2.5) by Stephane Caron
- jQuery Smooth Scroll (MIT, GPL) by Karl Swedberg
- jQuery Easing (BSD) by George McGinley Smith
- jQuery Masonry (MIT) by David DeSandro
- jQuery Cookie Plugin (MIT or GPL) by Klaus Hartl
- jQuery imageLoader (MIT) by Bryan T. Smith
- jQuery.browser.mobile (public domain) by Chad Smith
- CFInstall (BSD-style license) by The Chromium Authors
- Google Maps API
- HTML5 Doctor Reset (public domain) by Richard Clark
- Lato Black (SIL Open Font License) by Lukasz Dziedzic
- Grunge Texture (License) by elemis
- ajaxload.info Indicator (“gifs are totally free for use”) by Yannick Croissant and Catherine Roman
- Paul Bica provided many of the photos seen in Zipfolio’s live preview (not included with template). He has generously shared his work on Flickr under the CC BY 2.0 license.
- PhotoDune is the source of About and Services photos.
Note: Photos in preview are not included with template.
Also See the WordPress Version
You may also be interested in the WordPress Version of Zipfolio. It makes managing content easy and has a blog section.